Bad experience with stroller being moved

Yes. Strollers are a pain. Glad this is the last trip where we will have one.

I say the same thing all the time. There are people who act like I'm nuts. It's worse when you get off a ride or out of an attraction that has a lot of people on it/in it at once. OMG I hate searching for the thing.

The one that comes to mind is the safari ride in Animal Kingdom. You never know where you will find the stroller. ...and Fantasmic.....Ugggh! It seems like so much wasted time walking around.

I left our stroller one time outside a ride parked next to a couple other strollers, turned out to not be an official parking area. They moved the strollers and like you, not to the nearest parking area but deliberately further away. It was our first trip with a stroller and I wasn't savvy in this regard, I learned my lesson after that!

We had that happen once, we were going to the Frozen sing along, and there was no stroller parking nearby, so we put it along with a few other strollers we saw, and we were almost late, so we had to get moving... when we came out it was gone. Finally we found it, off in a far away parking area... it wasn't the nearest one. I think they want to punish people for not using the stroller parking... there should be stroller parking within sight of everything that you have to leave a stroller for... or have signs or something.

Sorry to hijack but while on the subject is there a map or maybe a list of where stroller parking is?? Are they usually the same places or could they move day to day??

I parked our stroller in DHS right outside of animation courtyard in official stroller parking (and then went in to see Ariel). When we came out, it was parked in the stroller parking in the middle of animation courtyard, so it clearly got moved from one official parking place to another. Nothing was taken from the stroller (not that there was really anything in there except a cooler with water and some cheap walmart clothes), so it seems doubtful that another guest just wanted to steal my stroller to move from outside of animation courtyard to inside.

We had that happen once, we were going to the Frozen sing along, and there was no stroller parking nearby, so we put it along with a few other strollers we saw, and we were almost late, so we had to get moving... when we came out it was gone. Finally we found it, off in a far away parking area... it wasn't the nearest one. I think they want to punish people for not using the stroller parking... there should be stroller parking within sight of everything that you have to leave a stroller for... or have signs or something.

I doubt they move strollers to punish people. It would mean more effort and walking for the CM.

It was late afternoon in the MK and it was raining pretty good for most of the day. We park the stroller near the Peoplemover and leave our ponchos on it.

Was it the sheltered area to the left of the escalator? That's wheelchair and scooter parking. You can't park a stroller there unless you have a SAW tag. If you parked there you may have been in the way when a mobility device needed to be there. If the closer parking areas were full I can see the CM moving it to one where there was space.

I doubt they move strollers to punish people. It would mean more effort and walking for the CM.

This. Good grief. Nobody is being "punished." If you dump your stroller in random spots because you managed your time poorly and can't be bothered to go park it properly of COURSE the CM will move it. (Also, there was parking right next to the Frozen Sing Along in January. It seems peculiar that they would have moved it.)

Was it the sheltered area to the left of the escalator? That's wheelchair and scooter parking. You can't park a stroller there unless you have a SAW tag. If you parked there you may have been in the way when a mobility device needed to be there. If the closer parking areas were full I can see the CM moving it to one where there was space.

This. Good grief. Nobody is being "punished." If you dump your stroller in random spots because you managed your time poorly and can't be bothered to go park it properly of COURSE the CM will move it. (Also, there was parking right next to the Frozen Sing Along in January. It seems peculiar that they would have moved it.)

This is very true. I could not put my wheelchair in a wheelchair and SAW spot last time because people had placed rented strollers there. I do not believe it is a Disney fine of some kind either! They are Just moving them to the next available space I expect.

This is very true. I could not put my wheelchair in a wheelchair and SAW spot last time because people had placed rented strollers there. I do not believe it is a Disney fine of some kind either! They are Just moving them to the next available space I expect.

On a rainy day we were being firmly shooed away until they saw our tag. Disney is really good about strollers but they recognize that they have to come second to scooters and wheelchairs.

On a rainy day we were being firmly shooed away until they saw our tag. Disney is really good about strollers but they recognize that they have to come second to scooters and wheelchairs.

That's interesting. Is the SAW tag quite large and visible? Do you feel it is a good tag for your daughters needs? I hope you are treated with respect and equal to a wheelchair user.

That's interesting. Is the SAW tag quite large and visible? Do you feel it is a good tag for your daughters needs? I hope you are treated with respect and equal to a wheelchair user.

It is large and bright red, it had just spn under the handle so it took a couple seconds for them to see the red tag against the red stroller. It is perfect for our kiddo, as it is a thing we can use on an as-needed basis. We tend not to take it through lines unless things have been really rough, but for shows, it was a huge blessing. At Fantasmic she could pull the hood of the stroller down when she needed to block out the sensory overload.

We were treated with respect at all times. You can't use it on the buses, which is understandable but unfortunate. Buses are highly stimulating and sometimes problematic.

It was a few years ago. There was no parking when we went.
Regardless, I said I didn't park in a parking area, so I parked by several other strollers, I was sure it would be moved, but since I couldn't find stroller parking to begin with it was hard to find it. While I agree that it is silly to think that they would take the time to move them further away, it is equally as silly to think it is impossible... even at Disney.
Bottom line is if you aren't in a stroller parking area, your stroller will probably be moved... it isn't that big of a deal (usually)

The CMs absolutely purposefully move strollers not parked in official stroller parking far away, walking purposefully past closer parking areas to leave it in a more inconvenient and far away place to discourage parents from doing it again. It happens every time, they walk past the nearest parking area for a reason.

The CMs absolutely purposefully move strollers not parked in official stroller parking far away, walking purposefully past closer parking areas to leave it in a more inconvenient and far away place to discourage parents from doing it again. It happens every time, they walk past the nearest parking area for a reason.

Proof? I find it highly doubtful they want to add extra steps to a day spent on their feet.

I think assuming you are being punished is no more ridiculous than assuming someone puts their stroller in the wrong place because they manage time poorly and can't be bothered.

Proof? I find it highly doubtful they want to add extra steps to a day spent on their feet.
I doubt it as well mostly because I have to deal with stroller parking at my job.

Lets say I have 5 people who decided for whatever reason to 100% ignore the signage and put their strollers wherever they wanted. So 5 strollers have to be moved. Now, I have two stroller parking areas in this general location, one closer and one further. The closer one has spots for 4-6 strollers depending on size while the one further away has much more space. Many people would think "Well, there is enough room in the closer one for those 5 strollers so they should go there!"

This would not be how I do it though. Those 5 strollers would go in the one further away. Why? Because you don't WANT to fill the closer one up this way or you will have MORE people just leaving their strollers all willy nilly wherever they wish. You try and keep it averaged out so that you have space as close to where people are going because this prompts them to do the right thing and put the stroller in the right place. If they find the closer area full, they are not going to want to walk back to the one further away to put the stroller in the right place. Too much work. So you try and keep spots open in the closer area, average them out when you can, and put strollers left wherever where it makes the most sense to the overall flow of things.

I think assuming you are being punished is no more ridiculous than assuming someone puts their stroller in the wrong place because they manage time poorly and can't be bothered.

No assumption. The poster said it outright. "we were going to the Frozen sing along, and there was no stroller parking nearby, so we put it along with a few other strollers we saw, and we were almost late, so we had to get moving"

They were "almost late" and felt that it was more appropriate to leave their stroller wherever than to find parking and risk being late to a show that runs repeatedly. Appropriate time management would have been being on time or choosing a different show. They wanted to see that specific showing, they didn't budget their time correctly, they made the choice not to take a minute to go find the stroller parking because it would inconvenience them to do so.

Wow.... I am sorry, I cant believe how judgmental some of you are here. It's stroller parking... And you really feel it is appropriate to make people feel like they are the dregs of the world? You have no idea what we or anyone else did, I posted a quick recount, if I knew it would be not picked I guess I would have gone more in depth. We looked up and down the street and couldn't find any... It wasn't close. we looked for several minutes. We had a fast pass we didn't want to miss the window. I was when the show was new so we likely wouldn't be able to see it again another time. Sorry we aren't perfect.

Last edited:
Sorry to hijack but while on the subject is there a map or maybe a list of where stroller parking is?? Are they usually the same places or could they move day to day??
This would be so helpful. I googled to see if there were such maps and couldn't find anything. It seems like they are usually in the same place, but we have only gone twice. It seems with the newer rides they are more deliberate with stroller parking and that helps a lot.

Our stroller and the other family's stroller were found in a stroller parking area outside Merchant of Venus. That would seem to indicate that a CM moved them. But that means they walked past the stroller parking areas by Monster's Inc and Stitch to move them there from the Peoplemover load area. We made sure to use stroller parking areas after this, but it was still a mystery why they would be moved so far. And that none of the CMs had any clue where to look.

Could have been another guest who used them and left them in stroller parking.

There are signs, and ropes for the bigger parking areas. My guess is the people who got there earlier used the closer stroller parking area and it got filled.

I want to insert a rolleyes smile here!

Why else would you put a stroller in the wrong place?

Wow.... I am sorry, I cant believe how judgmental some of you are here. It's stroller parking... And you really feel it is appropriate to make people feel like they are the dregs of the world? You have no idea what we or anyone else did, I posted a quick recount, if I knew it would be not picked I guess I would have gone more in depth. We looked up and down the street and couldn't find any... It wasn't close. we looked for several minutes. We had a fast pass we didn't want to miss the window. I was when the show was new so we likely wouldn't be able to see it again another time. Sorry we aren't perfect.

Nobody's perfect, but of course you should expect to have your stroller moved if it is not in the proper spot. Disney has to keep up to the fire codes. More and more people are using strollers, and wheelchairs and ECVs. They take up a lot of (expensive) space. Disney can't put a stroller parking lot outside every freaking attraction, unless you want it to look like a stroller strip mall. But at least now it's known that people should plan to get there early if a stroller is involved and needs to be parked.

To the PP looking for a 'stroller parking map" maybe try Google maps and see the spots around the parks at WDW in the satellite view? You should see large clusters of strollers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter