Backpack inspection

I know TSA does this with Precheck. I alarmed at the metal detector and they didn't pat me down in an attempt to resolve the alarm - they swabbed my electronics in my carryon
That's different than what is necessarily going on with Disney's system. TSA randomly does explosive residue checks. I just went through first time with pre-check on Friday and randomly was selected for my cell phone to be swabbed,my husband had gone in front of me and the TSA agent had told me "oh looks like you got randomly selected here one moment" and then I was directed to get my cell phone and only my cell phone (I had a kindle e-reader too) out of my personal item. So it is "resolving" the alarm but the indicator has nothing to do (in this case) with patting you down as it's not related to your person. Now sometimes they do hand swabs for explosives too but they don't generally do a pat down just need your hands.

We got bomb searched last time at the airport for a whole bunch of workout supplements in ziplocs. That was fun. I'll leave the preworkout at home next time...
I traveled with a friend who had a medical magnet attached to her bra to prevent seizures. Naturally, she got pulled over, but she REFUSED to explain it. She kept getting increasingly irritated & truculent & louder & that wasn't helping. "Don't you TOUCH IT!" she screamed. Understandable, but now it looks like something to set off a bomb or something.

My mom had zipped through & finally realized we weren't behind her. When she came back & asked, here was my chance to get involved. I had avoided doing it because this wasn't my battle. So, I said very loudly, to my mom, "They are wondering about the MEDICAL MAGNET- it's setting off the machines." The guard said, "Medical magnet? What is it for?" That's when she said she had a seizure disorder & the magnet helpe dto prevent them. And they passed us through.

That pretty much said how the rest of our trip would go.

That's different than what is necessarily going on with Disney's system. TSA randomly does explosive residue checks. I just went through first time with pre-check on Friday and randomly was selected for my cell phone to be swabbed,my husband had gone in front of me and the TSA agent had told me "oh looks like you got randomly selected here one moment" and then I was directed to get my cell phone and only my cell phone (I had a kindle e-reader too) out of my personal item. So it is "resolving" the alarm but the indicator has nothing to do (in this case) with patting you down as it's not related to your person. Now sometimes they do hand swabs for explosives too but they don't generally do a pat down just need your hands.
I got pulled aside for a pat-down once because I had the temerity to object to someone who pushed ahead of dozens of people & then pretended she didn't understand why I was annoyed & danced through security while the rest of us waited courteously.

I was very pleasant, respectful & cooperative with TSA because they weren't really the problem. "I just had surgery there, so please be careful", with a smile, was all I said. The TSA agent actually looked sort of shocked -- is this the same person who was so annoyed 2 seconds ago? She APOLOGIZED to me & reassured me. Well, yes, I'm not crazy or dangerous, I'm just annoyed that someone was indescribably rude to all these people, incl me.

I'm a theatre manager, btw, & OFTEN have to say, "There's a line, sir. Please step back." It's not that hard & keeps everyone happy, but I don't require TSA to get involved in every issue on the lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter