Baby swap question

pooch

Still feeling special!!
on rides with no height restriction, specifically Buzz and TSMM, how does one take a small (5 months) infant? Are they ok in your lap?

and that would be our plan too. I just hate for one person to always have to sit out a ride so its good she can come on some with us! The other 3 kids are active boys so many of the tamer rides are out.

You can take infants on any rides without a height requirement. An ergo or similar is great, but you can also just keep them on your lap.

and that would be our plan too. I just hate for one person to always have to sit out a ride so its good she can come on some with us! The other 3 kids are active boys so many of the tamer rides are out.

Why would the 'tamer' rides be out?

Boys are not interested in IASW, pooh, Peter Pan, little mermaid. They are adamant "roller coasters Grammy!!!"

Boys are not interested in IASW, pooh, Peter Pan, little mermaid. They are adamant "roller coasters Grammy!!!"

Do they always get their way, and others don't? How about a compromise - one of the above rides, then a coaster, etc. You won't be able to do coasters all day anyways - the FP+ for those go quickly, and then the lines get super long.

I don't think anyone else in our party wants to go on those either. This will be their first but my 16th trip to WDW and I pretty much know what everyone will want to do. None of those will be on anyone's list.

MK list:
Laugh floor
Buzz light year
Space mountain (X2 with child swap)
Maybe Astro orbiter & tomorrowland speedway
7DMT (X2 child swap)
Maybe barnstormer for the younger DGS and teacups
HM
BTRR (X2)
Splash if it is open & warm enough
POTC
jungle cruise

If we can come close to all of that in 1 1/2 days, I will be thrilled

MK list:
Laugh floor
Buzz light year
Space mountain (X2 with child swap)
Maybe Astro orbiter & tomorrowland speedway
7DMT (X2 child swap)
Maybe barnstormer for the younger DGS and teacups
HM
BTRR (X2)
Splash if it is open & warm enough
POTC
jungle cruise

If we can come close to all of that in 1 1/2 days, I will be thrilled

So, you've got some of the more 'tame' rides on that list - it's not all straight coasters. Do you have a lot of adults going with you? How old are the kids? Remember that kids under age seven need an adult riding with them, sometimes right next to them.

Yup, as I said, this is not my first rodeo. We have more adults than kids so plenty to spread around. By tamer rides, I meant most of the Fantasyland rides; Little mermaid, Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh and we will definitely pass on Small World. Once I get that song in my head, I'm stuck with it for the day!!!

How old are the boys? My children still enjoy the tame rides and they are teens. Disney isn't about roller coasters/thrill rides. Maybe a trip to Universal would be more to their liking.

Oh we are doing 3 days at universal and sea world. I don't understand why you all seem to have an issue with our ride choices. Our time will be limited so we are prioritizing. If time allows and someone WANTS to ride Winnie the Pooh, of course we will. I just don't see that happening.

Last edited:
Oh we are doing 3 days st universal and sea world. I don't understand why you all seem to have an issue with our ride choices. Our time will be limited so we are prioritizing. If time allows and someone WANTS to ride Winnie the Pooh, of course we will. I just don't see that happening.

I think we are all looking at your photo of 3 very little boys? I guess we are thinking that some are too small to ride a lot of the 'thrill rides' in the first place - but are they bigger, much older than they are in your photo?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter