Automatic Millionaire by David Bach

dodukes

DIS Veteran
Have any of you read this book? Was it good? Is it worth reading. We were at the bookstore yesterday and I saw a copy and read the first coupl eof pages and seemed pretty good but I cant find it at the library, they dotn own a copy so wanted to know if it was worth it buy it on ebay or such...

I have this book and I enjoyed it. I did follow much of his advice and automated alot of our savings and bill paying. I like all of David Bach's books. For me, they are very easy to understand and I can put forth his advice immediately.

If you have already read some pages of the book and it interested you then I would get the book. It is published in soft cover now. :thumbsup2

We enjoyed it, too. It is pretty common sense stuff, and it was an easy read. He does have some good tips, and the stories of the people he has met are inspiring!

Yes, I read it. It was ok--like the previous poster said, pretty common sense for some, but some folks may be inspired by it. If I remember correctly, the whole theme of the book is to pay yourself first.

I read it, enjoyed it but took issue with some of his philosophies about helping our children. He suggests that it would be nice if our children didn't have to take out a mortgage when they're ready to buy a home because we'd have the $$$ saved up to "buy" them a home. While I'd like to help my kids when the time comes, I don't think buying them a home would be a good thing. DH and I value and appreciate our home because we know how hard we worked to get it. Ideally, I would like to help our daughters with a little towards a down payment and also help them to afford a 15 year mortgage vs. a 30 years mortgage.

Same with college -- we will help our kids and have saved some $$ to do so, but just paying the tuition and room and board bills without question is not a good idea to me. I've seen so many kids on the 6 year plan because mom and dad are footing the bill.

tinaluis said:
I read it, enjoyed it but took issue with some of his philosophies about helping our children. He suggests that it would be nice if our children didn't have to take out a mortgage when they're ready to buy a home because we'd have the $$$ saved up to "buy" them a home. While I'd like to help my kids when the time comes, I don't think buying them a home would be a good thing. DH and I value and appreciate our home because we know how hard we worked to get it. Ideally, I would like to help our daughters with a little towards a down payment and also help them to afford a 15 year mortgage vs. a 30 years mortgage.

Same with college -- we will help our kids and have saved some $$ to do so, but just paying the tuition and room and board bills without question is not a good idea to me. I've seen so many kids on the 6 year plan because mom and dad are footing the bill.

I am so with you with the college and kids

both my sister and I paid our own college tuition while working part time--
I did not take out a loan till Med school.( and than it was only for 1 year-- hated med school!!!!!!!!)

Since I was writing myown checksto pay tuition I made sure I wasn't wasting my own money.

My parents weren't cheap with us on the contrary-- We got brand new cars at HS grad-- a gas card on Dad and we lived home rent free and they paid our auto insurance--
I was just responsible for tuition, clothes and going out money.
Thney really instilled money responsibity in me from an early age and for that I will be forever grateful to my parents!!!!!!

Can you ask your library to obtain it through Inter-Library Loan? It may take a week or two, but the price is right...

pearlieq said:
Can you ask your library to obtain it through Inter-Library Loan? It may take a week or two, but the price is right...
THanks everyone, I think i may just take a rad cuz it looked interesting enough and while some say its common sense i was relly hooked on that first story, (inspiration maybe..lol) anywya to answer the above, the library system doesnt have a copy anywhere, in the entire county (and i live in S.florida so its BIG), mayeb i can ask them to buy a copy :teeth:

Have you tried half.com? I got my paperback copy for about $1.75 there (plus shipping).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter