August 31st 2013 - 7 night Mediterranean cruise aboard the Disney Magic

I'm just a teensy bit excited lol. Going to have a go at making my own FE. Liking the FB group you posted Mr Pickett. Lots of ideas. Also found some great materials on ebay so just got to decide what exactly I want to do lol.

Hello all! I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer. It is hotter than blazes here! So, I thought to pass the time by working on making a FE, and wouldn't you know it... My sewing machine breaks down. I had brought it here to Greece from America 19 years ago, so I guess it was due, but I took it in for service... long story short.. I will have to wait a month because everyone closes here for August:headache: It just reminded me that a lot of Barcelona will be closed, too, like that lovely cheese shop everyone raves about...

Anyway, to lift my spirits I have been looking into our pre-cruise stay. Is anyone else this obsessed?

Hello all! I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer. It is hotter than blazes here! So, I thought to pass the time by working on making a FE, and wouldn't you know it... My sewing machine breaks down. I had brought it here to Greece from America 19 years ago, so I guess it was due, but I took it in for service... long story short.. I will have to wait a month because everyone closes here for August:headache: It just reminded me that a lot of Barcelona will be closed, too, like that lovely cheese shop everyone raves about...

Anyway, to lift my spirits I have been looking into our pre-cruise stay. Is anyone else this obsessed?

I am a bit obsessed too!!:rolleyes1 I booked our precruise hotel last night. The Novotel Barcelona City (where we stayed last year) had an offer on for booking three nights - we had only been planning two nights before the cruise - but it seemed rude not to take up the offer!!;)

LOL!:rotfl: I just booked the cheesy continental, but I am still looking, of course. Now I am trying to figure out if We will be able to do Pisa and still have time to walk the lovers' walk at CT.....:rolleyes1

I am a bit obsessed too!!:rolleyes1 I booked our precruise hotel last night. The Novotel Barcelona City (where we stayed last year) had an offer on for booking three nights - we had only been planning two nights before the cruise - but it seemed rude not to take up the offer!!;)

Ooh what is this offer you speak of? :confused3 Tell me more :cool1:

Yep me too :dance3:

I apologize in advance for taking away your extra time with this thread, but if you are an Android phone user, there is an AWESOME app! Ship mate - Disney. Again, I'm sorry.

Only 394 days left.

I am living the vacation already by reading up on the ports and I STILL don't know if I can go :lmao:! My husband does not like the Hotel Continental :confused3 . :rolleyes: back to the drawing board.... only 394 you say??? I will have to get crackin' :laundy:

We are Stevie (45) and Mary (43) and looking forward to a med cruise without DD :cool1:

Adult time for wandering rounds the beautiful med ports :woohoo:

This will be our 12th Disney cruise and we've done the DCL med cruises many times before, we love taking advantage of the Magic in the med :thumbsup2

We are also doing the same itinerary on 8th June, but with friends and DD, so hopefully can give everyone some heads up info in advance :woohoo:

It's so far away but still I'm thinking ..... Shoes and dresses ..... :rotfl2:

I was wondering if people were getting into Barcelona earlier in the week and were interested in a DIS meet before the cruise?

We'll be arriving on the morning of 30th, on our last med cruise it was the Hard Rock Cafe pre-cruise meet the night before :thumbsup2

Hello again everyone! Now that Summer is here my favourite thing to do is to plan things to do on vacation. This year is a staycation for us, but next year is the cruise! We are planning on arriving in Barcelona a few days early, and so are up for a meet! We will also participate in fish extenders and any tastings you suggest! I was wondering, since my daughter is Greek and is going to be 19 on the cruise, will they let her take part in the tastings? I read somewhere that they may allow it with parents' consent. I am a bit worried about her, as I know my younger DD will be hanging out in the stack all day/night. It isn't important, I just like finding things out! :)

Have a good week and Happy father's day to those who celebrate!

Our table mates did that with their DD last year and it worked well. Our DD will be 18 on our June med cruise, so we will sign a consent form then. They put a symbol on their KTTW card which shows at a glance they can order alcohol.

Is anyone else planning to do their own thing in Roma?

Us :thumbsup2. We did Civitavecchia to Rome ourselves last year and it was very easy. The train station is a short easy straight walk. Worst part is getting from the bottom of the port to the fort at the top on the cruise buses, we just jumped on any one lol.

Train is not expensive either :woohoo:

Welcome aboard Stevie and Mary :cheer2: Great to have another knowledgable cruiser onboard :thumbsup2

Welcome aboard new cruisers! I see, Mary, that in your signature you are signed up for the cruise which comes to Greece. If that is so, we can always do a 'mini' meet on the day you are in Athens. :cool1: If you were planning to do it on your own, that is.

I know we haven't really been talking about Fish Extenders yet, although some people have expressed an interest. I was wondering....

What kind of gift would be nice coming from Greece?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter