August 16th Western

Dh wanted to do the Island Tour because we've never been to GC before and he wanted to get a feel for the island. Then we will have plenty of time to relax and do some shopping later.

The last cruise we just met up at the Promenade Lounge although I'm thinking it might be nice to meet on the Deck 7 aft area,

I just made the final payment on Tuesday and now this trip seems a little more "real". This will be the second DCL cruise for me (43), DH (turning 49 -for the first time- on this cruise), DD13 and DS11.

We are flying in the night before and staying at the Airport Hyatt. We'll take the Disney bus from MCO to the port on the day of departure, so we won't be able to meet anyone at the Radisson.

Thanks to the suggestions of so many on this board, we've decided to do Captain Marvin's in Grand Cayman. We'll be on the half-day trip (10 am to 1 pm).

I'm still undecided about what to do in Cozumel. Any thoughts on Mr. Sancho's or Carlos & Charlie's? We're open to suggestions. A few friends who have been to Cozumel are discouraging us from taking the tour of the ruins. They said it was a long, hot, and bumpy ride. I'm also considering the DCL excursion Cozumel Beach Break. Any thoughts?

Starwood and disney3144, we should get our DS11s to hook up. I have a feeling that with his sister in the teen club, my DS will be at loose ends. It's too bad that they don't have something for the "tweeners". He really does not want to hang out in the "little kids'" club, since he will be a "mature" middle schooler this fall!

Looking forward to seeing a lot of lime green Home Depot Mickeys. I like the idea of meeting on Deck 7 aft. How about sometime in the morning before we get to Key West (not too early, though)? I believe we don't get into port until noon?

Starwood and disney3144, we should get our DS11s to hook up. I have a feeling that with his sister in the teen club, my DS will be at loose ends. It's too bad that they don't have something for the "tweeners". He really does not want to hang out in the "little kids'" club, since he will be a "mature" middle schooler this fall!

I think that would be great for them. DS already went through the Navigators and marked out what he wants to do and put it on my Palm Pilot.

Isn't that Middle School idea scary?LOL I just can't picture him there changing classes and having to know where everything is. He can't remember where anything is at home.

Originally posted by mad4themouse
Looking forward to seeing a lot of lime green Home Depot Mickeys. I like the idea of meeting on Deck 7 aft. How about sometime in the morning before we get to Key West (not too early, though)? I believe we don't get into port until noon?

I'm all for Deck 7 aft but how about doing it Sat. night? I think that would be a great start to the cruise.

Hi Everyone -

sorry I could not reply yesterday (were the Boards down??), my server wouldn't connect.

Jennifer: Yes, the docs came by regular mail - I guess I recevied them last week sometime. I'm STILL trying to narrow down what the heck I'm going to choose. What's that saying...so little time?

We'll be on Capt. Marvin's 11:15am trip as well in G. Cayman.

Loaded up on the Lime Green Mickey's this past weekend at Home Depot - hehehehe...I felt so sneaky taking them, I kept wondering, does anyone KNOW why they are disappearing?

Hey Tigger UK,

We are from Pa, USA and we have an 11 year old Daughter, Myself a 41 year old wife and may husband who is 55. Our daughter has been looking for a friend aboard ship! We are going on the Western Carib. Magic on August 16 2003. Please reply soon!!!

Max123:Pinkbounc :bounce:

Max123,

My DD(10) but hangs out with older kids all the time, is looking for hangout buddies too. We're in NJ!

Sounds like these kids are going to have their own group in the kid's club. Sort of a DIS Jr.

My DD would love a Dis Jr club. She's so jealous that I get to make Dis friends before our trip and she has to wait.

Originally posted by vcasey
My DD would love a Dis Jr club. She's so jealous that I get to make Dis friends before our trip and she has to wait.

Well in 2 more years they can frequent the Teen Board but maybe the mods would start up a DIS Jr. board for say 8-12.

Our family is joining the August 16 party. It will be DW (28), DS (8) and myself (30). We're doing Captain Marvin's in Grand Cayman, but the 10 a.m. half day excursion (need that extra snorkel time) and the Wild Tours ATV Tour in Cozumel. We can't wait.

BTW, if we can get it, we may try for Palo's High Tea. Anyone know what time they offer it on the sea days?

Hi el_tigre.

and the Wild Tours ATV Tour in Cozumel.

Glad to know there will be some Disers with us on Wild Tours ATV adventure. I hope "Buckaroo" remembers the exhilaration of riding the Cozumel ATVs with Daddy when it's his turn in the annuls of "Buckaroo Family History" to take his kids for a similar shore excursion! (Hopefully, I'll be relaxing onboard ship in The Vista Spa OR hanging out in Carlos 'N Charlies... ).

Hey vcasey.

I'm all for Deck 7 aft but how about doing it Sat. night? I think that would be a great start to the cruise.

If we hold our Dis-meet on Saturday, what time would anyone/everyone prefer? The persondatory boat drill is at 4:30pm and sailaway begins at 5. First dinner seating is 6pm - or is it 6:15? Then the Welcome Aboard Variety Show - with second seating cruisers doing the reverse. So I guess that leaves either 5:30pm or 9:45pm. Anyone else???

Well, I still haven't recieved my excursion documents yet. I guess I'm going to have to call my TA today!!:mad:

Starwood & Mad4themouse...My DS would LOVE to hang out with the "guys" . I think thats what hes most excited about, meeting new friends.

El-tigre.....My DS8 is sooo happy that another boy his age will be there.

Jennifer

Hey Max123, we're right around the corner from Brookhaven! We live in Bethel Twp. Too bad our kids aren't a couple of years older. When he reaches 13 or 14, I'm sure that my DS11 would jump at the chance to hook up with a girl his age. Right now he's more interested in football and computer games.

Good morning everyone, hi BD

5:30 for the DIS-meet sounds good to me ! We can make it a little cocktail before dinner....!!!!
I think it would be a great start to a great vacation...;)

Steff

BD - Do you have a link to Nikki's website? (In regards to the horseback riding that is).

Hi,

we too are on the 8/16 cruise. DH, DW and DD who is 11.

This is our first cruise and we are looking forward to it.

We are scheduled to stay at the Orlando Hyatt on 8/15.

see you all 8/16.

Hello everyone, we too are on 8/16, can't wait. Myself, DH, DD(5) and DS(4) are getting excited. We are driving from Canada, making a stop in Cincinnati, visiting my brother in Bradenton Florida, and finally the cruise. Can't wait. No documents yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter