Art of Animation vs. POFQ?

Meetmeinmontauk

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! I'm debating whether or not to stay at AoA or POFQ next January.

DBF & I have stayed at the POP & Port Orleans Riverside. We found the POP a little more cramped than Port Orleans. But we found the bus system better at the POP.

I love the theming at AoA and I've heard great things about Landscapes of Flavor.

Any input would be great! Thanks :goodvibes

How many are going to be in the room? I haven't stayed at POFQ, but just got back from a vacation at AoA. We stayed in a Little Mermaid room and not one of the family suites (which are considerably larger and much more expensive), and the room WOULD be cramped if you put 4 people in it. The room is well laid out, but there isn't much "open" space a kid would be able to play in, and sometimes it was a trick if both of us were trying to navigate around the bed and dresser at the same time.

The theming is just plain amazing at AoA though, and LoF was fantastic the couple of times we ate there. It is blatantly Disney, and I could see a little kid liking it way more than any of the moderate resorts.

Hi everyone! I'm debating whether or not to stay at AoA or POFQ next January.

DBF & I have stayed at the POP & Port Orleans Riverside. We found the POP a little more cramped than Port Orleans. But we found the bus system better at the POP.

I love the theming at AoA and I've heard great things about Landscapes of Flavor.

Any input would be great! Thanks :goodvibes

I just stayed at both of these in Oct. I thought AoA was okay (did a standard room Little Mermaid section), but smaller beds, smaller rooms, huge creepy squid lady I had to walk past everytime, it just didn't thrill me. On the other had this was my second time at POFQ and I've already booked a third. Love it there. Two sinks means to areas to get ready at, larger beds (even though we each had our own beds, I still prefer a queen to a double), and honestly I'm a pretty basic food kind of girl and had no problem with POFQ menu and was happy with both food courts so that didn't even figure into it.

Now I did NOT have a problem with the walk from the LM section to the main building but if that is a consideration then POFQ was a much shorter distance and much easier to navigate.

AoA was cheaper than POFQ, but if I needed cheaper than a MOD I'd pick ASMu over AoA. But that's a personal preference.

Buses were about the same. I did have better time/service at POFQ but AoA is a HUGE resort and with only one bus stop it lined up coming and going and that added a lot to the wait. POFQ does sometimes share but is the first picked up so that helps. But neither place was awful (that would be reserved for my deluxe stay LOL, paid the most and it had the worst bus service)

AoA would win on the pool front but POFQ had a hot tub and AoA does not so let's call that a draw.

The boat to DTD would be a big draw for me. Plus once I took the first bus to arrive POR/POFQ at a park and then grabed the boat to DTD. That was actually pretty cool.

I"d say if it's a matter of room/distance/space than I'd go POFQ.

Regular pool, price or a bigger selection of food I'd say go AoA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter