Are there Disney movies you DON'T like? Classics, even?

Lacrosse_Lady72, the dogs in Up don't die....

First of all I'm a huge Disney movie fan. Mostly the animated movies but there are still some I don't like.

The Incredibles is ok. Maybe watch it once every two or three years.
Any movie that was released between 101 Dalmatians and the Little Mermaid. Excluding both Rescuers movies.

Treasure Planet.

All those direct to DVD sequels. Bleh!

The one movie that I can't even get through the opening song is Oliver and Company. I just really dislike how noticeable the 80s influence in this movie is.

Well, I've never really enjoyed The Fox and the Hound. I only watched it once. It must've really scarred me as a child, because I just can't bring myself to watch it again.

The only animated Disney movies I never liked are Hercules, The Emperor's New Groove, and Home on the Range but I have watched them a few times. Freaky Friday, The Mighty Ducks, Air Bud, and Blank Check were all dull.

A lot of Pixar movies like: A Bug's Life, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, and Ratatouille. Also I don't like those CGI Disney movies like: Chicken Little, The Wild, the two Tinker Belle movies.

This is fun to see what people like and don't like.

Ds1 (who turns 25 in a couple of weeks) could not watch Little Mermaid. Ursula scared the living daylights out of him. He would start crying and not stop until he left the room. At his preschool they would show a movie as the kids were leaving and if they showed this he had to be in another room.

I have never gotten into Cars but I will watch a good number of Disney movies.

I remember watching Bedknobs and Broomsticks at Radio City Music Hall

wall-e and cars... it didn't give me the disney warm and fuzzies(only 2 pixar movie i didn't cry in!)

brother bear... it's kinda forgotten about!

I'm sorry but I love all the Disney animated films they are fab and I love the Pixar films as well.

Finding Nemo, Fox and the Hound and Sleeping Beauty.

Snow white - I just don't get the moral of the story. At all. Don't trust old ladies who give you apples? Midgets have very different personalities?

Hunchback of Notre Dame- What is so crazy about this movie is that the actions of the bad guy are much more real than other disney villians, which makes this movie all the more scary!

Swiss Family - I also thought this movie was a complete borefest.

I've gotta admit Snow White's voice irritates me sooo much :rotfl: I think it's amazing what with it being the first animated film and all that, but her voice just..... grates against me :lmao:

This is really fascinating, and just goes to show, we all have our own tastes. :hippie:

I'm in that small minority that really doesn't care for "Lion King," and while I never met a Pixar film I didn't like, I have to admit that "Wall-E" is my least favorite. In both of those cases, though, I can understand why other people love them.

I'm a big old fan of "Hunchback," but I don't have kids, so while I understand why some people feel it was too dark/mature/inappropriate for their kids, that wasn't an issue for me.

And I love love love "Up," and find it to be an uplifting (pun intended) "feel good" movie (that does have some emotional, tear-inducing moments). And, just to reiterate, for anyone who hasn't seen it and might be concerned, NO dogs die, nor is there any sort of "fake-out" where you think a dog has died (let's just say you couldn't pay me enough to watch Old Yeller, so if I like something, you know the dogs make it out ok!). (The airplane dogs have parachutes, FYI; plus, we see them again in the end, with the other dogs.)

This thread is hurting me.. I have seen way to many bad things about way to many good movies. But I guess we all have opinions!

I am going to say "A Home on the Range" has got to be a low point on Disney's movie making ability!

Snow white - I just don't get the moral of the story. At all. Don't trust old ladies who give you apples? Midgets have very different personalities?

Hunchback of Notre Dame- What is so crazy about this movie is that the actions of the bad guy are much more real than other disney villians, which makes this movie all the more scary!

Swiss Family - I also thought this movie was a complete borefest.

I agree w/ the villian in hunchback... I think it is creepy how he lusts after esmerelda like smelling her scarf and hair, it's a total different villian vibe like creepy old man next door vibe. That being said, I think this movie did have some high points.

We took my children to see Up last year. My five year old son was distraught throughout the whole movie. He kept saying "How are they going to get back home?" And then the scary dogs...

I should've never taken him. He can't watch most Disney movies, esp. if there's a villian. I hate Up now, though I should be placing the blame on me.

Dislike
Bambi~ But not b/c it's sad.Just don't get into it for lack of development
Jungle Book
Atlantis
Hercules

Hate
Mary Poppins
The Little Mermaid

I didn't realize there were so many Disney movies I haven't seen until reading through these responses! Of the more "prominent" Disney movies, I really didn't enjoy: Pocahontas, Lilo and Stitch, and Cars

It is interesting to see people's different opinions though. I'm pretty shocked there are people who don't like The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, The Jungle Book, Aladdin, and Cinderella. Also, surprised by Mary Poppins, Finding Nemo, Ratatouille, and most of the other Pixar films. I can't think of one Pixar film besides Cars that I don't like actually!

My DH and I just recently watched Hunchback for the first time in a LONG time. While I can understand that the content is a little mature for children, we actually really liked it.

I don't think I've seen anyone post about not liking Beauty and the Beast or Sleeping Beauty. Those are the only two I can think of that I didn't see...but I could have missed it.

I haven't seen anyone mention Fantasia. That scared me when I was a kid and I still don't care for it at all as an adult. Someone gave me a copy of it as a gift a few years ago and I gave it away at the office White Elephant gift exchange...the person who got it seemed to be thrilled!

Maybe I'm the only one who can't stand Fantasia.

Dumbo freaked me out when I was little. Mainly that one scene. I haven't watched it since!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter