AP Validation for Children

SamR

DIS Veteran
My wife and I already have APs from a previous trip, and I recently purchased AP vouchers for my three children for our upcoming trip. The letter that accompanies the vouchers says to present them "...and a valid photo ID..." at any WDW Theme Park ticket window. Since the children do not have "valid photo IDs", what, if anything, has to be presented? My ID?

Their names are not even printed on the plastic credit-card-like vouchers, although I suppose they might be encoded on the magnetic stripe.

I'm also guessing that children's APs do not require the use of the fingerprint reader at the turnstiles, correct?

When you turn the 'vouchers' in for the AP's you will give Disney pretty much the same info that was required for your AP's. However, the kids don't have to show ID and the kids do not use the biometric scanner. When you do get the actual AP's for the kids they will have their name on the back. Our DD is 4 and we got an AP for her this year.

Kids also don't get finger scanned (at least mine didn't, at ages 4 and 6). They just get let right through like a hopper pass, with a valid adult :)

However, be aware that your kids may want to use the finger scan and many a CM will play like they are actually getting scanned.

So, in summary, no ID required for the children, and no "horizontal peace sign" :D required at the turnstiles. Thanks!
biggthumpup.gif

They will use the info from your valid photo ID, so make sure you have that on you when you have their AP's validated. It will need to be done at the guest relations window at any of the 4 main parks prior to entry.

Also, because their fingers aren't really big enough, and grow, they don't really scan them, but the kids get a kick out of sticking their fingers in the slot, anyway, and the castmembers are usually cool enough to go along with it.

Have fun!

My grandson has had an AP since he was 3. He's almost 9 now. He has a different address then ours, but has never been asked for an ID, nor have we. He does, however, have an ID we got for him from MVA. Since he flys with us, we thought it wise that he have some sort of identification with him. So he wears it in his Pin lanyard. It has been great when flying, using his AP and during pin events. Most CMs get a kick out of a little one having an official ID. It only cost $10 here in WV and gave us peace of mind. I recommend it to anyone taking children out of state. But the bottom line in your question is that you most likely will not need one.

They will use the info from your valid photo ID, so make sure you have that on you...
No worry, there...In the post 9/11 world, I never go anywhere without my photo ID. But thanks for the warning...
...but the kids get a kick out of sticking their fingers in the slot, anyway...
I imagine that when my children see Mom and Dad using the biometric device, they will want to as well. At least one of them will need lifted up to even reach it! :D
He does, however, have an ID we got for him...gave us peace of mind. I recommend it to anyone taking children out of state.
Actually, both my six and nine year old sons both have "Ident-a-Kid" IDs that were made for them at school. (My daughter is still a preschooler and doesn't have one.) Both my wife and I carry them, as they would be quite useful if we ever needed help in locating the children (shudder...). But I don't know if they would ever be accepted as "official" IDs for anything.

Thanks again! :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter