AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Disney is...interesting. I got $265 back more than I even spent on my pass AND I was in the parks for a week. I was thinking the refund for my friend's check might have been included in mine (since I bought it at the same time as mine with the same card), but she got a check the next day. She also got back an extra $265.

I'm obviously not complaining, but they definitely have no idea what they are doing.

Something new and odd... I have ONE AP - it expired in March 2020 and I renewed early in Jan. Monthly payments have been happening normally and as scheduled, outside of that time when they were on hold while parks were closed. My son had an AP under my MDE, but it expired in April and I did not renew. I just got an email with this:
Thank you for signing the amendment for the Annual Pass extension and your recent renewal. As a reminder, you currently have two active contracts and you may see two payments for a few months in accordance with each payment schedule—one for your original contract, and one for the renewal of your pass(es). Please refer to your contracts for specific details. We are here to help with any questions that you may have on your new payment schedule.

Huh?? I do not have two active contracts, only one. No clue what this is talking about. Anyone else get this email?

I cancelled two platinum plus APs on August 2. I received the refund for one back on my credit card two months ago. I finally received a check for the other one yesterday. Considering I paid for both on the credit card, no idea why they processed back to me this way. Regardless, $1730 back to me.

Now, wondering if I should throw $280 back to them for 2 one day tickets to MK when my son and I go down next week, just to say I went during the pandemic. We've been back to Florida twice since March 15 (our last day at Disney), and both times exclusively at Universal with our APs there.

I miss the parks, but I'm otherwise completely disappointed in Disney for how they treated APs.

Disney is...interesting. I got $265 back more than I even spent on my pass AND I was in the parks for a week. I was thinking the refund for my friend's check might have been included in mine (since I bought it at the same time as mine with the same card), but she got a check the next day. She also got back an extra $265.

I'm obviously not complaining, but they definitely have no idea what they are doing.

I agree, they sure don’t. My extended family has 3 instances that prove it.

My DH & I paid about 650 each for platinum renewals last December. We asked for the partial 117 day refund. Our APs already showed the extension in MDE. We eventually got checks for about $324 each. That would have been right is we had paid full price, but was more than I expected for what we paid. My APs in MDE still show the 117 day extension.

My relative called about a month ago because they hadn’t gotten their partial refund yet. Their APs show the 117 day extension. Told no record of their request but she had date, time & CM she requested it from. Eventually told they would process the partial refund. She was also told there is no way to rescind the extension once it is applied. So the extended AP date will stand even if you get the partial refund. Which explains why my APs still have the extension. They are still waiting for the refund checks.

Another relative requested the cancellation refunds. They have platinum passes, activated last December. They had 5 adults on their account. They were originally told 2 of them never activated their APs. They were there for a week in the parks for 8 days, all together pretty much the whole time. They did activate them separately tho. Their MDE account actually showed the 2 people with AP vouchers. No one could explain how they got in a park all week with no valid ticket. But last week 4 of them got refund checks. 2 of them were for about $800, the other 2 were 580. No idea why the difference in refund. But they now have 2 unactivated vouchers in their account, with enough refunded to make a good dent in their trip in March.

Last edited:
Quick update to my post of the other day about only one pass refunded and the other extended. After a 50 minute wait the CM was very polite and looked at our account. She must have seen that both were canceled and the “manual calculation” was incorrect. She gave us a case number and promised that it would be resolved promptly. The next day received an email that the refund was being processed and a check issued shortly.

I see all 4 of our check refunds in my usps informed delivery. I have NO idea how much they are for, but they are at least headed our way (finally!).

I got one refund by credit card and I see DH's is coming today via check. What is weird is that both AP's still show in MDE as active through July. I have no idea what that means.... I am glad the refunds came. I thought I would never see the day.

I see all 4 of our check refunds in my usps informed delivery. I have NO idea how much they are for, but they are at least headed our way (finally!).
with how the USPS is now you might get hose by xmas. i have ben waiting on various shipments from texas and seattle for well over 3 weeks now. mail is messed up right now.

Woohoo! Got checks in the mail today for the 3 adults! Never got an email for DD16, so her pass is still active.

Got $300.32/pass, DVC gold activated 8/4/19, purchased for $648.59/pass. Really wasn't expecting that much back! We used it for 2 trips (and were able to use it 4 days past the original expiration date), so we got good use out of it! I'm sure our refunds will end up going towards Tix for the next trip. :rolleyes1

I hope the rest of you still waiting will get your refunds soon!

My niece and her husband FINALLY got their refund checks today. I got them platinum passes for their honeymoon and paid $866 each. They each got $589 so I'm happy they got so much back. They used them once for their honeymoon last October.

Let me just say that anything related to IT and Disney stinks! The amount of problems people are having is ridiculous!

Finally received my check today for my out of state platinum pass cancelled in July! It showed up in my informed delivery as well. $844.29, right on the nose of what I calculated of 842-846. I activated my pass on Black Friday 2019 and went on two week long trips, so I definitely came out ahead. I paid with a $1000 gift card and the rest on a credit card. I had a different address when I bought the pass but the check was sent to the address I updated in my MDE when I cancelled (and I removed my old address based on a CM’s advice when I called asking if this would be an issue).

Hoping for some guidance/answers please. followed this thread all summer and into September and I know someone here will have some spot on answers. Thanks in advance.

We were out of state platinum AP holders. Purchased from a third party site (perks at work) in the days after the summer (june?) 2019 AP price increase. We bought vouchers from the few they had left in stock so pre price increase. Immediately linked to MDE in June and activated November 30. They expired November 30, 2021 + the three month extension.

We canceled August 10th and refund came through today. Not what we were expecting for 8.5 left on our passes. $660.

Did Disney give credit for the platinum AP pass at time of activation? If so, this seems low.
How did disney determine the refund amount?
If I call and sit on hold, will they tell me?

Thanks for any answers

I did the math for mine bought from Sam's Club at the same time as yours (leftover stock from before price increase). Paid about $924 per ticket and expected about $705 back. I got $750 back for the ticket activated Dec 30 2019. Yours is a month older and you got $660 which doesnt sound off considering I had expected $705.

Some ppl lucked out and got a whole lot more though. Others got a lot less and had to fight for more. From what I can see here from this thread of anecdotal reports, most calculations met expectations with some mistakes (too generous/not enough)

Got email Saturday my refund was being processed. Received check today. Was $5.00 more than what I had calculated. Had paid with CC.

To add another data point:

Platinum APs (3 in total) bought from TicketsatWork for $952.11 each. Activated October 1, 2019. Cancelled July 19, 2020 by phone since we did not receive email links for all 3. Received one cheque for $518.87 today. (Same person who received email link to cancel.) We are in Canada.

The math is close enough for one AP. Wondering where my other two cheques are ...

I renewed two Florida Resident APs a few days ago. I couldn't do it all from my MDE, though: I had to renew mine through my MDE, then log into my mom's MDE and renew her pass through the app with my credit card info.
Funny thing: when I renewed, it gave me a drop down menu of what pass I would like to renew. I decided to upgrade from the Weekday Select to the Gold pass. Didn't have to pay the $159 down like I was expecting, so that was a nice surprise. All I had to do was sign the contract agreeing to the monthly payment withdrawl and after clicking okay, it processed and I was sent to the screen to choose my new magicband. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter