AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I bought my AP via Sam's Club before the last big price increase in early 2019. Still waiting for my refund so decided to crunch numbers to see what I hope to get:

Amount you paid for your AP: $924
The day you activated your AP: Dec 21, 2019
That Disney World theme parks closed 03/16/2020
How many block out days (if any) there were for you between the day you activated your AP and 03/16/2020
- No blockout days

Access days = (366 days for the year) - (number of block out dates for you between the day you activated your AP and 03/16/2020) = 366

Usable value = (amount paid ) x (number of days between the day you activated your AP and 03/16/2020) divided by (access days)
$924 x 86 ÷ 366 = $217.11

Refund amount = (amount you paid for your AP) - (usable value) - (any refunds already paid to you)
$924 - $217.11 = $706.89

With this calculation:
Amount paid ÷ access days
$924÷ 366 = $2.52/day
I used 86 days so they owe me 280 days
280 x $2.52 = $705.60

UPDATE!
Just got my refund today (FINALLY!) via check.

Got $741.98 for one AP activated Dec 21 2019(my expected refund calculations shown above) and $752.35 for the other AP that wasn't activated until Dec 30 2019. So about $35 more than I expected.

Thank you to everyone sharing your journey to a refund!

And, not to rub salt in your wounds, but just to give information and possible hope, I can see my remainder of pass refund in my Informed Delivery today.

I have already received the 'closed' period refund back in July. I made the decision to ask for the remainder refund in August through the email we received asking to choose keep or refund, 1st or 2nd week in August.

Had a Gold DVC which had an original expiry of Nov 6, 2020. Will let you know what I get. Caught up on this thread since last reading in early November and see no other refunds in the last couple of weeks. Mine was upgraded from a hopper and used gift cards to pay the upgrade amount. And, I've only called once back in May when they announced refunds or extensions the first time. However, I had 3 trips on that AP, paid about $675 total, so not as upset as most of you have good reason to be, based on multiple passes with thousands of dollars at stake for some of you. Hopefully the floodgates have opened and all refunds are coming for everyone.

Replying to myself: Mail finally delivered and my second check is here!

Original cost: approx $675 (upgraded from old parkhopper using disney gift cards.)

1st check - $229.06
2nd Check -$259.90
Total refund = $488.96

I got 3 of 4 checks. I feel like this will never end. Fingers crossed it arrives tomorrow..

yep, feel that way too. My daughter called in June while I called in April. She got 3 refunds in July. Her missing one came in august, while I got mine in july, but husband finally got his first one today after a 7month wait, but still waiting for a full refund for an unused renewal certificate that was canceled in April. I just want to be done with this mess.

I think it's just renewals that take effect immediately. But I could be wrong. I was able to purchase new passes that activate upon first use. Good until 2030. Now I feel good knowing I'm locked in whenever we are ready to go back.
We do have multiple trips booked. I was told we could get passes for everyone on the reservation even my wife who didn't have a pass in the last year.
I think you’re right. Mine doesn’t start until I use it but I can still make park reservations. They also asked me if anyone else needed them but the people I am traveling with next year are already passholders so they just have to renew in January. I’m excited because I was worried about having to buy two separate sets of park tickets

Got our refunds today! We had 6 gold dvc AP's that we purchased on Aug 6, 2019. Requested refunds on 8/10/20 for 5 of the 6 AP's. We let dd20 keep hers as she was supposed to be going back in December. We got checks today for $306.66 per AP. DD20 is not going in December anymore. Is there anyway to recoop any cost on hers?

Got our refunds today! We had 6 gold dvc AP's that we purchased on Aug 6, 2019. Requested refunds on 8/10/20 for 5 of the 6 AP's. We let dd20 keep hers as she was supposed to be going back in December. We got checks today for $306.66 per AP. DD20 is not going in December anymore. Is there anyway to recoop any cost on hers?

Stranger things have happened. I guess try calling and see what they say. It's been a long ride to get these refunds!

Here's hoping for a better travel year for 2021!

Got our refund checks yesterday.
Family of 6 with FL resident silver passes purchased through Sams Club before the last price increase in 2019 so paid somewhere around $500 each.
Activated in early February for a 7 night trip.
Requested refund via 5 links in July, plus 1 phone call for 1 pass that got no email.
Received $440 each as refund in 6 separate checks.
So a long wait but very happy with my refund. My February trip turned into a real bargain.

Just got this email from Disney destinations today... hopefully that means ours are in the mail! (Subject was refund request has been processed.)

"We are writing to let you know that the refund you requested for the cancellation of your annual pass(es) has been processed and you should receive your refund in the mail soon."

As reported yesterday, my check came in the mail.

Today's update- I got an email from Disney saying the check is on the way.
Same here.

And...there was this reminder in the message:

“We wanted to thank you for being important members of our Walt Disney World® family.”

One of my mother’s favorite bits of wisdom was that actions speak louder than words.

Just checked my email after seeing that others had gotten the “refund has been processed” notifications.
Sure enough I got the email an hour ago. But already got the checks yesterday.
Boy that post office is doing a great job!

Hoping for some guidance/answers please. followed this thread all summer and into September and I know someone here will have some spot on answers. Thanks in advance.

We were out of state platinum AP holders. Purchased from a third party site (perks at work) in the days after the summer (june?) 2019 AP price increase. We bought vouchers from the few they had left in stock so pre price increase. Immediately linked to MDE in June and activated November 30. They expired November 30, 2021 + the three month extension.

We canceled August 10th and refund came through today. Not what we were expecting for 8.5 left on our passes. $660.

Did Disney give credit for the platinum AP pass at time of activation? If so, this seems low.
How did disney determine the refund amount?
If I call and sit on hold, will they tell me?

Thanks for any answers

Received 1 check for both time closed and cancelled AP today for $889.75. Originally expired December 14 2020. I’m very happy with the amount.

We had platinum AP that expired two weeks before yours. Do you mind sharing your type of pass you had and if you bought it directly through Disney?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter