Anyone's Financial Situation IMPROVED?

We have been paying off debt for a few years, and when our daughter entered an out of state school were looking at a LOT of new expense. We took on extra work, cut even more corners, and low and behold, paid 100 percent of her school costs and still paid down our other debts. For us, this was a GREAT year. I am ready now for the year to come.

D

Even with the market down, I feel like scooter pie and I are doing well. We have some big saving goals this year, we'll see how that works out!

I really hesitated to post because really, I don't want to JINX ourselves!

We're doing well, which I think is a combination of making very careful and conservative choices, being patient and disciplined, and being very interested in each other's happiness.

But we've also been very lucky, because we're healthy and our current job situation feels good.

We hope we've been ants and not grasshoppers in case the future hands us something not so bright, but we hope for the best, plan for the worst, and try to really enjoy today...:)

We are having a really good financial year, unfortunately it's because of the extra pay my DH is getting for being in a war zone so I would rather go back to mediocre finances. On the bright side, we have saved a significant amt. of money for our impending move and job change this year. We do still have some debt to pay off, but I think at this point it's more important to have money in savings, then if we don't use it we'll use it to pay off what's left of the debt.

we are doing pretty well. We have alot of factors that are helping out. DD changed so schools so that is helping. And I am finding a better job to really give back to the family budget.

We're doing better this year and mostly because my last kid started all day school in the fall and no more daycare:banana: ..Geez I'm rich!! No not really, we're now saving all that money and it is so nice to save a substantial amount every month instead of the pitance I was able to the last 12 years while I had daycare for 3. I only have 6 more years till the oldest heads to college so this is probably as good as its gonna get.

Oh we also have no debt other then our mortgage and that's scheduled to be paid off when DD starts college. Good luck to everybody, I hope we all stay on track in these rough times ahead.

Ours has steadily improved - through hard work and divine intervention ;)
10 years ago, I was a single mom making WAY below the poverty level, no government assistance and no child support. DH was a single dad working a minimum wage retail job. Then we became the brady bunch :laughing: We made a lot of mistakes with credit and overborrowed, but we have moved up and up and we make 6 figures now.

After years of digging ourself into debt, we have recently (the last few years) been digging ourselves out of debt which is MUCH more painful. But it is rewarding. We see other people doing what we did and we just shudder to think we did the same things and are paying for it still. Now if we can lose that $1500 a month daycare bill we'd be really kicking it!
:hug: Good for you! Its nice to know things can get brighter:lovestruc

We are doing the best we ever have. DH and I both had a very good year at our jobs. We have no debt other than the house, which has less owed than 1 years combined income, money in retirement and in kids college fund.
Everything could fall apart tomorrow but we are inpretty good shape to weather a storm.

Things are definately looking up for us. In the three years we have been married we have almost 3x our take home pay. Now we are trying to pay off the years when we were cash poor. But things are looking up and we are waiting to hear about this 'substantial' raise my DH has been promised.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter