Anyone not do mobile ordering at CS?

Dakota731

DIS Veteran
I’d rather not order that far ahead but wondered if the lines are terrible then to go order at the counter?

I read somebodys comment a day or so ago and they just played dumb and went to the counter. I think one of them even showed a flip-phone ;) Silly games = silly responses, but if it works I say go for it.

Oh I wasn’t aware you didn’t have the choice! We haven’t been at WDW since the month before covid. So all counter service are now mobile order?

My habit on my last trip was "Mobile order in the parks, but not at the resorts." Satuli Canteen wouldn't let me in until I showed the CMs at the door that my order was ready. I showed them that I'd placed the order and given the "I'm here", but they made me wait until my order was ready. After that, I didn't even try going without mobile order in the parks. However, at Mara the first night, they had soup on the menu, but not on mobile order, so I went in and ordered-so did lots of other people. I also just went in and ordered at Gasparilla Grill and Captain Cooks.

I haven't come across any QS that doesn't have a cashier there (now) but that has changed in the recent past. For a good year, they wouldn't even let you order in person.

That said, there is usually only one register open and the line gets loooong plus you may have to give the door CM a story on why you need to order in person. I'd highly recommend you order on your phone to save lots of time and hassle. You don't have to order it that far ahead. We tend to order 10-15 minutes in advance as we're walking over.

I think you are still going to be much better doing mobile ordering. Even pre-covid, it was wonderful to order our food while we waited in an attraction line in the morning, then click the I'm here button when we were ready to eat near our selected time, not have to wait in a LONG line and walk up and get our food. For those that are smart phone averse, walk up is an option, but IMHO, not a good option.

When I was there at the end of Sept (2021) they all had walk up lines. But only a couple and the lines could be long.
I’d rather not order that far ahead but wondered if the lines are terrible then to go order at the counter?
You don't have to order that far ahead - I would walk up, see a line and then do mobile order. At Harbour House I found an empty table and then used mobile order.

We walked up to Cosmic Ray's in MK last Friday night. The evening we were there, they had separate entrances for those who did mobile order and those who preferred to order with a cashier.

Does anyone know if you can now order just an extra entree or an extra side? We went went in April, a kids meal somewhere had a single chicken drumstick and a side and I knew my 8 year old DGS would need more. I wanted to order just mac and cheese, but couldn't. Had to order a whole extra meal. I was like the momma bird giving out extra dabs of food to all the grandkids.

Call me old fashioned, but I like ordering my meal in person at Disney. I can't say I've tried the mobile ordering, but something about it doesn't appeal to me.
I guess I should try it before I judge it completely.
How have other's experiences been?

Does anyone know if you can now order just an extra entree or an extra side? We went went in April, a kids meal somewhere had a single chicken drumstick and a side and I knew my 8 year old DGS would need more. I wanted to order just mac and cheese, but couldn't. Had to order a whole extra meal.
As I was sitting down with my meal I noticed the next table had mac and cheese. I pulled out my phone and ordered a side of mac and cheese - no problems at all.
Call me old fashioned, but I like ordering my meal in person at Disney. I can't say I've tried the mobile ordering, but something about it doesn't appeal to me.
I'm with ya. I like ordering from a person. On my last trip I found mobile order to be much faster. There were some long lines. But at every place I went to you could still stand in line to order.

When we went in early September 2021, we never used the mobile ordering. We looked a couple of times and each time the wait time for mobile ordering was showing 45 minutes to an hour. So we tried to see what would happen if we walked up. Several times the cast members at the door told us if we didn't have a mobile order in it would take "significantly" longer to do an in person counter order but we could do it. Never took more than 10 minutes. So we just continued to do walk ups our entire trip.

We were hesitant with the mobile ordering requirements, but since we've been using it, we really like it. You place the order, get a time window it'll be ready, click "Im here" when you're ready, and 2 minutes later your order is put together and available for you. It took all the indecision 'delays' out our our experience - those people staying there taking 10 minutes to try and figure out what they might want to eat!! But it is very different, and is probably not going to be for everyone.

I'm old as dirt and I have to say I absolutely love mobile ordering! I can customize my order, no waiting in line and best of all no issues getting a table. I show up, it's ready and there's a place to sit and enjoy myself.

If I'm worried popular time slots will fill up, I pick the time I want and order early. You can change and edit... even cancel the order... until you submit the "I'm here prepare my order" button. Or do what a lot of folks do, press the button as you walk over... food is ready when you arrive!

Even an old dog can learn new tricks... I'm definitely a convert!

So in September we only had one place that required mobile order and that was Columbia Harbour House. Everywhere else, even if it was to get a snack or soda, we could walk up and go to the lane(s) reserved for non mobile order.
It’s not that we don’t like mobile ordering (we do it all the time at home between Dunkin and various fast food places), but so many menus changed and we have some allergies and food intolerances so it’s easier to walk up and ask and order. All were very accommodating.

I usually prefer mobile ordering, but at HS yesterday, Backlot express was showing first available time for 35 minutes away (10:30 am with 11:05-11:35) window. We walked in and ordered since we only wanted a cupcake and soda- no wait.

I like it because I can order food in-line and skip the wait at the cash register. If you hit the "I'm here" button about 5 minutes away from the restaurant, the food is usually ready just as you arrive. I also don't have allergies and can order pretty much everything as is, or add a note to the order.

I'm happy some of the more crowded places are not letting people in without a mobile order. It makes getting a table easier, especially as a solo traveler who can't send family to reserve a spot.

Most places seemed to prefer mobile ordering, but some will let you order in person.
We were at Satu'Li on Thursday and saw several come up and want to order in person and were told they only do mobile order. Personally, I LOVE mobile ordering. I can order while waiting in an attraction line. There are very few if any sitting inside reserving seats for whenever they get their food, so finding a table has not been an issue. Hope they keep it.

We only used it once in the parks, as we did very little CS places and mostly ate at Food & wine kiosks, but it was definitely the way to go at Sleepy Hollow for a waffle. Checked the app as we left Pirates, ordered our food, walked over and picked it up, skipping the long walk-up line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter