Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since it has officially been sent to ROFR I should submit detail now:)

250 SSR June use year 55/point with 238 2011, 250 2012 and all going forward I pay closing seller pays maint fees

Not an awsome deal but a fair deal:)

That's a very good price for such a small contract. Bummer that they didn't bother to bank the 2011 points -- that's like them throwing away $500. :confused3:confused3:confused3
Nice!
Good luck both of you with ROFR.

Thanks!:) It's a shame losing those points, but still a nice deal!

It may be a long shot but if you close before august 31 you might be able to use the one time late banking exemption. So the 2010 points are pretty much gone, but you may be able to salvage the 2011 points. Good luck! :)

I asked my broker about doing that, unfortunately she told me 60 days to close, so not counting on it. I'll be there for 2 weeks in late August, It would've been cool to close by then. I would've extended my vacation a few days and used up the points!

Thanks for the good luck! :)

Since it has officially been sent to ROFR I should submit detail now:)

250 SSR June use year 55/point with 238 2011, 250 2012 and all going forward I pay closing seller pays maint fees

Not an awsome deal but a fair deal:)

I would call that an awesome deal. Good Luck with ROFR!!

Our contract went to Disney for ROFR today:
230 points VWL $58.00 pp.
190 points from 2012 (we are paying part of those MF)
June UY (Exactly what we were hoping based on our usual travel time of year)

Now the waiting begins... Thanks to all of those who have shared great information on these boards. It has been helpful in making decisions, knowing what to look for and making offers!

Submitted today (7/30/12)!!

OKW/2042 (Aug UY) 100 points @ $54/pt. Buyer pays closing.
0 for 2012, 100 for 2013, 100 for 2014.

Been seeing a lot of OKW being snatched up so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Our contract was submitted today.

250 points at AKV, $65/point
dec UY
70 points 2011 UY points banked
I (buyer) paying closing costs

MickeyFan612 said:
Congrats on first contract. Does it have any 2011 points? Wow 400... You will some wonderful lengthy Disney trips:)

It did not have any 2011 points but all 2012 were unused. It also has a March UY.
It was a bigger contract than we originally were going for but we are a family of 5 so we need more points to book larger units - Especially at BCV... Thinking it would be nice to invite family or friends along too..

zeferjen said:
What feels longer? 30 days of ROFR or 30 days until your next Disney trip?

ROFR without a doubt! At least in the days leading up to a trip, you know there will be a trip at the end. With ROFR, you could potentially find yourself back at the drawing board trolling the listings again.

Submitted today (7/30/12)!!

OKW/2042 (Aug UY) 100 points @ $54/pt. Buyer pays closing.
0 for 2012, 100 for 2013, 100 for 2014.

Been seeing a lot of OKW being snatched up so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Our contract went to Disney for ROFR today:
230 points VWL $58.00 pp.
190 points from 2012 (we are paying part of those MF)
June UY (Exactly what we were hoping based on our usual travel time of year)

Now the waiting begins... Thanks to all of those who have shared great information on these boards. It has been helpful in making decisions, knowing what to look for and making offers!

Our contract was submitted today.

250 points at AKV, $65/point
dec UY
70 points 2011 UY points banked
I (buyer) paying closing costs

Congrats, congrats, and connnn-grats! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Monkey bait --- :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

It did not have any 2011 points but all 2012 were unused. It also has a March UY.
It was a bigger contract than we originally were going for but we are a family of 5 so we need more points to book larger units - Especially at BCV... Thinking it would be nice to invite family or friends along too..

Still a great contract:) DVC is a great way for allowing you to afford friends and family to tag along. I love the ability to let the grandparents join us for the kiddos! Best of luck passing ROFR and to everyone else this week:)

What feels longer? 30 days of ROFR or 30 days until your next Disney trip?

Definitely ROFR! Time flies when you should be preparing for trip! I always find myself packing last minute! In fact, I leave for beach this weekend and should be packing now:) What really stinks is I'll probably get my ROFR e-mail notifications while I'm away with no internet:( Going Camping!

Passed ROFR today!!! Felt like the longest wait ever hahaha

Details:
BWV 200 points, $65, DEC UY, 51 pts in holding, 132 pts 2011, 200 pts 2012
Buyer pays closing, buyer and seller split maint fees

Submitted to Disney July 6, passed ROFR July 30

Thanks to all! This thread was great for research

Is it bad that I am already itchin to do a 2nd contract? Haha

Ha! Not at all. We were just submitted to ROFR yesterday and I'm already looking around again. Unfortunately, I don't want to pull the trigger on anything else until I know the contract I submitted will fly because I'd like to keep them at the same resort. (Hoping for OKW but if it doesn't pass ROFR I might switch to SSR based on recent ROFR trends.)

This is apparently quite addicting! Some people watch the stock market all day... I watch the resale listings. :p

Passed ROFR today!!! Felt like the longest wait ever hahaha

Details:
BWV 200 points, $65, DEC UY, 51 pts in holding, 132 pts 2011, 200 pts 2012
Buyer pays closing, buyer and seller split maint fees

Submitted to Disney July 6, passed ROFR July 30

Thanks to all! This thread was great for research

Congratulations!!! :thumbsup2

On average does Disney usually take the full 30 days to evaluate resale contracts for ROFR?

rg35 said:
On average does Disney usually take the full 30 days to evaluate resale contracts for ROFR?

From following this thread for a while, it seems like typically if Disney is going to grab your contract they do it in the first 2 weeks. If they will let you buy it they will make you sweat it out for 4 weeks or close to it.

My own contract was submitted on 6/25 & passed ROFR on 7/17.

From following this thread for a while, it seems like typically if Disney is going to grab your contract they do it in the first 2 weeks. If they will let you buy it they will make you sweat it out for 4 weeks or close to it.

That's an interesting trend I hadn't noticed before. Looking at the master posting with all the dates, it DOES seem like the waivers tend to be a little more drawn out. Some of the ones they snag have been as short as 11-15 days.

Either way, it seems like forever when you're in it...

CLOSED!! 9 weeks so far. Hopefully the loading of the points will happen quickly.

For all those keeping track of timelines........MS is in the process of loading my points this morning. Exactly 1 week after closing. The contract is up on the Members Site but all points are not there yet. I called and was told they are right in the middle of loading them. Will try to be patient. :rolleyes2

10 weeks so far.

Points fully loaded. Took 2 days.

Found out that we passed ROFR today. I am not sure the exact date it was submitted to Disney but we signed the contracts on 7/10.

SSR 50 points, $69, Dec UY, all 2012 and 2013 points
Buyer paid closing and MF

We were looking for a small add on for what felt like forever. So glad this one worked out! :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter