Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, wish me luck. Been through 300+ posts and 24 pages -- hopefully the updated master list will be correct (mostly).

mac_tlc

Thanks! It's a lot of work to update this thread, and I very much appreciate it! It was a lifesaver (ok, moneysaver :rotfl:) as I was pricing out deals! :thumbsup2

Minor tweak to the data -- for both my pending BWV and VWL deals, seller paid mf.

I too, appreciate the effort to maintain the list. The info in this thread greatly informed my offer. I for sure would have overpaid if not for this forum. As it is, I believe I paid a fair market price for my contract. Many thanks to the keepers of the list. :)

Nice update of the list, I can only imagine how must work it must have been. This is my go to list for figuring out what to price an offer at.

THANKS

I also want to send a "thank you" for this list. It has been a great guide to help me gauge the current buying and selling prices of contracts.
Thank you!
Stephen

My three contracts are now signed, counter-signed, and in the hands of the title company (First American), so I guess it's time to post them here.

• OKW: 300 points, $49.98/point, Dec UY, 300/300/300 points from 2010/2011/2012 (2010+2011 banked), buyer pays closing costs, buyer+seller split MF
  • VWL: 400 points, $55/point, Dec UY, 400/400/400 points 2010/2011/2012 (2010+2011 banked), buyer pays closing costs, seller pays MF
  • BWV: 300 points, $65/point, Dec UY, 226/300/300 points from 2010/2011/2012 (2010+2011 banked), buyer pays closing costs, seller pays MF
The OKW contract is at high risk for ROFR. I paid asking price on that one and seriously considered offering a couple of bucks over asking just to get past ROFR. Wish me luck!

The VWL contract will be really nice to get through. I hope the monkey continues to ignore VWL.

I did not negotiate hard enough on the BWV contract. I meant to offer $60/point, failed at math, but figured it was still a solid deal so I didn't rescind. If any of you are interested in a similar contract, the seller has an identical one available (asking $68/pt) --- PM me and I'd be happy to put you in touch with the agent.

And now you know why I said (in another thread) that I may have a "crap ton" of expiring points to deal with come mid-September!

HEY MONKEY! LOOK OVER HERE! IGNORE THESE CONTRACTS ---> :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Good luck getting your points here swiftly! I ended up ditching my 415 contract I talked about in another thread. The couple still hadn't signed contracts and I had a terrible vibe about it. Hopefully yours are moving along quickly:) To replace the 415 contract I'm currently looking for a boardwalk villa if you wouldn't mind messaging me agent name. Again good luck and your contract prices look good to me:) Really hope the OKW goes through for you!

So it looks like my offer of $68 per point for Beach Club 250 points, is not as low as I thought. I wonder now if I should have offered less? Oh well...I'm still happy to be becoming an owner!:cheer2:

michelleiada said:
So it looks like my offer of $68 per point for Beach Club 250 points, is not as low as I thought. I wonder now if I should have offered less? Oh well...I'm still happy to be becoming an owner!:cheer2:

Someone will always have gotten a "better deal.". You still will have saved a considerable amount when compared to buying direct -- currently at $115/pp. Also know that recently Disney has exercised their ROFR on BCV contracts priced as high as $64/pp.

When my seller took my initial offer without haggling, I too wondered if I had made my best deal possible. In the end I decided it did not matter. I offered a fair price and it was accepted.

Good luck getting your points here swiftly! I ended up ditching my 415 contract I talked about in another thread. The couple still hadn't signed contracts and I had a terrible vibe about it. Hopefully yours are moving along quickly:) To replace the 415 contract I'm currently looking for a boardwalk villa if you wouldn't mind messaging me agent name. Again good luck and your contract prices look good to me:) Really hope the OKW goes through for you!

That SSR 415 point contract was one I had tried to buy when it first came out. The seller was nothing but a big pain in the butt and I ended up walking away from it. They originally decided to accept my offer that was within 10% of their asking price, then they changed their mind and said they wanted more, but didn't say how much more. They then proceeded to ignore the broker's calls for nearly a month. It was at this point that I gave up and walkd away.

That sounds like one awful seller. Messing with not one, but two regular DisBoard-ers. I would not be surprised if the broker dropped them.

You are better off walking away.

That's a good BCV deal. I've been keeping my eye out for low-priced BCV contracts for a few months and haven't seen any. As a PP said, don't stress it -- no matter how good the deal, you're almost certain to see one even lower, but the person who got it might have waited many months or found a truly desperate selller or ..., and it's a crap shoot to pass ROFR.

Done. Sounds like you were right to run, not walk, away from that seller. Geebuz. Great priced contract, but wth.

I just had an offer accepted 50 pts. at Saratoga -Sept. use year-$60 per pt. Owner pays MF, I pay closing. I offered asking price. For a smaller contract $60 a point seemed reasonable. The small contracts seem to go super fast. I was comfortable at 60 per, if it were a bigger contract, I would most definitely have offered less. I did try to get owner to split closing costs, they refused. It's at my current resort, same use year so it was perfect for me. It just is easier keeping everything in one place! The only negatives about this deal is I won't close on time to use the banked 2010 points and the 2011 points, which for some reason weren't banked. They couldn't use their 1 time banking exemption, so I'll (they'll be losing 100 pts.) I do get all 2012 and 2013 points.
Contract is getting E-mailed to me Mon. signed then returned. I'll keep posted on ROFR, that list is an excellent idea and really helps in the whole decision process. Thanks for the updates! :)

But the will be YOUR points, and that is what counts!:thumbsup2

Stephen

We started ROFR on 7/25 for SSR 190 points June UY. 380 points for 2012, 190 2013, buyer pays closing, MF split.

That SSR 415 point contract was one I had tried to buy when it first came out. The seller was nothing but a big pain in the butt and I ended up walking away from it. They originally decided to accept my offer that was within 10% of their asking price, then they changed their mind and said they wanted more, but didn't say how much more. They then proceeded to ignore the broker's calls for nearly a month. It was at this point that I gave up and walkd away.

I really don't think they are interested in selling and unfortunately if they let all those points expire it will be hard for them to sell such a large contract for what they want! Curious to see if it gets reposted back on site:)

I just had an offer accepted 50 pts. at Saratoga -Sept. use year-$60 per pt. Owner pays MF, I pay closing. I offered asking price. For a smaller contract $60 a point seemed reasonable.

That's a very good price for such a small contract. Bummer that they didn't bother to bank the 2011 points -- that's like them throwing away $500. :confused3:confused3:confused3

We started ROFR on 7/25 for SSR 190 points June UY. 380 points for 2012, 190 2013, buyer pays closing, MF split.

Nice!

Good luck both of you with ROFR.

That sounds like one awful seller. Messing with not one, but two regular DisBoard-ers. I would not be surprised if the broker dropped them.

You are better off walking away.

Yeah my first unpleasant experience with a seller. Lucky for me other contracts have signed paperwork and gotten back to broker's hands as fast as me:)

Good luck with that one! I'm also waiting on a SSR June use year to get to pass:)

dopeyone said:
I just had an offer accepted 50 pts. at Saratoga -Sept. use year-$60 per pt. Owner pays MF, I pay closing. I offered asking price. For a smaller contract $60 a point seemed reasonable. The small contracts seem to go super fast. I was comfortable at 60 per, if it were a bigger contract, I would most definitely have offered less. I did try to get owner to split closing costs, they refused. It's at my current resort, same use year so it was perfect for me. It just is easier keeping everything in one place! The only negatives about this deal is I won't close on time to use the banked 2010 points and the 2011 points, which for some reason weren't banked. They couldn't use their 1 time banking exemption, so I'll (they'll be losing 100 pts.) I do get all 2012 and 2013 points.
Contract is getting E-mailed to me Mon. signed then returned. I'll keep posted on ROFR, that list is an excellent idea and really helps in the whole decision process. Thanks for the updates! :)

It may be a long shot but if you close before august 31 you might be able to use the one time late banking exemption. So the 2010 points are pretty much gone, but you may be able to salvage the 2011 points. Good luck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter