Anyone in December getting FP+ and MB

What are the benefits of doing the online check in?

Never done it, but the Disney info states that there is a special online check-in desk that will have a welcome folder and cards ready to go. I did it mostly because it marks one more step closer to a Disney vacation. I'm hoping that the check-in process is fast and smooth. On our last trip in 2001 it took over 45 minutes to check-in at POR, so any improvement on that would be welcome!

Never done it, but the Disney info states that there is a special online check-in desk that will have a welcome folder and cards ready to go. I did it mostly because it marks one more step closer to a Disney vacation. I'm hoping that the check-in process is fast and smooth. On our last trip in 2001 it took over 45 minutes to check-in at POR, so any improvement on that would be welcome!
It definitely is quicker. I use it on the time.

So are customized MBs arriving one month or two weeks before arrival date?

Most recent posters on this thread are saying a month, give or take a few days, while a couple are saying 2 weeks.

Most recent posters on this thread are saying a month, give or take a few days, while a couple are saying 2 weeks.

My arrival is 11/29. Last day to customize was 10/29, they shipped 10/30 and delivered on 10/31.

I'm pretty sure that the customization day is 30 days prior, and they are shipped right after that.

I think the consensus is that if you personalize right away then the MDE date applies and they will send them out after that date. If you don't personalize right away then you have until the test invite email date to personalize, and after that date you get the default gray bands. After the test invite email date I don't know if then send the gray ones to you, or you have to pick them up at check-in. :confused3

Thanks for the tip! I just tried this a couple times & I'm still getting an error message. :( I am renting points and have 2 consecutive reservations that are linked, so maybe those are some of my problems? I just called the helpline & she can't help me because DVC services aren't back in until Monday, so she asked that I call back Monday. She thinks my online check-in went thru even though it isn't showing up, but claims DVC needs to add something to my reservation before the Magic Bands option pops up...I've tried logging in from my pc and ipad and have the same issues. Ugh... :confused3

OK, we have the exact same situation then! I have 2 linked reservations, the first one is rented, then I added another day with my own reservation. That must be the reason why we're having problems. I can't check in at all - errors every way I try including mydisneyreservation.com. Will have to talk with DVC, that's also what they told me. :sad1:
Hopefully after the check in gets resolved that also solves the MB issue.
Will let you know if it gets fixed somehow and keep me updated!

We are booked to be there Dec. 5-14. I still have not received my email or snail mail invite. However, I have already customized my bands and make fp+ reservations. :confused3

We arrive on 12/7 and are doing a split stay and just got both MB invites by snail mail yesterday and the packet for our first hotel today. I am in MD a few states above you so hopefully you will get it on Mon or Tues.

We ck in to BWV Dec.9-15......today we received the invite...but on line i had been doing the fb/mb for the last few days...
already had ADR's for the week...just DH and I so it more about dinner,golf, poolside,shopping than the rides....we do that when we are with the kids & gr-kids....

I was able to now book my FP+ for Dec 31 on, but still cannot do anything to customize MB's. It only shows my card/ticket and nothing about bands. I called IT and she said that it's only a test and certain people eligible are allowed to, and if we do end up getting them then we can get gray ones at the hotel. Don't know if it has something to do with being DVC reservation? First, if I can do FP+ then obviously I will be getting bands. Second, I DO NOT want all gray bands - ugh!!

Anyone else had this problem not able to customize MB for December or is it just me???

I'm renting DVC points, too. I opened my MDE on the first day they opened up Dec, on like Wed, Oct 9th I think? I was able to book FP+, but not do anything with bands. I called that Saturday evening, and the first CM told me to try to check in, but I didn't want to because I have requests i want to ask for at the check in desk. Then she said I couldn't do anything because my trip started Dec 7th, I'd have to wait. She asked if I had an invite yet and I said no, so she said oh that's why! You must wait till you get the invite before you'll be able to do anything! :rotfl: Funny, as I already had all my FP+ all set up! I asked, she didn't know why I could do that but I had to wait for the invite! So I said thx and then called back to another CM. She was great and said oh, that's easy and she fixed my DD23's ticket issue and I was able to set up and personalize bands in less than 10 min! And, I never told her I was renting DVC points, maybe if you call back and don't mention the DVC points thing, since it shouldn't matter at all in fixing things, they will try to fix it instead of passing it along saying you need to speak to DVC people! I'd definitely try that! :) Oh, and I still haven't received my invite, either snail mail or email.

Random, but I keep seeing everyone say that their "Manage Magic Bands" buttons changed to say "Customize Magic Bands" only mine didn't change to that. Mine says "Personalize Magic Bands". Anyone else? I have also had NO problems with the system at all and have not received an email invite (but am able to customize and select FP+).

It does say personalize, but I think people are using them interchangeably.

If a guest personalizes by the date they give, about 32 days before the trip, they will ship the next day after the date they give for personalizing. And you get 30 prior to trip. If you don't personalize until the date 2 weeks before your trip, you can do it and still get color I think, but will pick up the bands at resort check in. Wait until 5 days prior to do bands and you will get bands at check in but they will be grey, no personalizing.

And, though it seems to work for some, it is not required to do online check in to be able to do bands.

Thanks for the tip! I just tried this a couple times & I'm still getting an error message. :( I am renting points and have 2 consecutive reservations that are linked, so maybe those are some of my problems? I just called the helpline & she can't help me because DVC services aren't back in until Monday, so she asked that I call back Monday. She thinks my online check-in went thru even though it isn't showing up, but claims DVC needs to add something to my reservation before the Magic Bands option pops up...I've tried logging in from my pc and ipad and have the same issues. Ugh... :confused3

I'm renting points too and had no trouble:confused3. Well I did have trouble as I kept getting an error message doing online check in on the website. So I did it on the app and it worked. Then I could go back in to the website and personalize my bands. Can you try doing it with the app? Or is it the app that you use on the ipad? I'm not sure as I don't have one and used it on my iphone.
DVC didn't need to add anything to my reservation. The owner made the reservation in dh's name, so entered his name, the reservation number she gave me and that was that.

Got my Mb invite in mail yesterday but made fp and Mb selections a few weeks a go. Today I received my ME packet. We leave in 35 days. Can not wait:cool1: now I hope we can get rp for bog lunch.

Also as a previous poster mentioned.. use this..mydisneyreservation.com if you can't check in with the website or the app.

OK, we have the exact same situation then! I have 2 linked reservations, the first one is rented, then I added another day with my own reservation. That must be the reason why we're having problems. I can't check in at all - errors every way I try including mydisneyreservation.com. Will have to talk with DVC, that's also what they told me. :sad1:
Hopefully after the check in gets resolved that also solves the MB issue.
Will let you know if it gets fixed somehow and keep me updated!

Just so both of you know - DVC is open on the weekends. I think Sunday hours are 9am - 5 or 6pm EST. Also, if you are on rented points I don't think DVC will talk to you about the reservation because you are not the member. The member you rented from will have to call if any changes need to be made to the reservation.

Not sure if the problems you are having are because you have a linked reservation or something else but should not have anything to do with having rented points. If the reservation shows up under your MDE account then you should be able to check-in and personalize your MBs. HTH
HTH

DVC4US said:
Just so both of you know - DVC is open on the weekends. I think Sunday hours are 9am - 5 or 6pm EST. Also, if you are on rented points I don't think DVC will talk to you about the reservation because you are not the member. The member you rented from will have to call if any changes need to be made to the reservation.

Not sure if the problems you are having are because you have a linked reservation or something else but should not have anything to do with having rented points. If the reservation shows up under your MDE account then you should be able to check-in and personalize your MBs. HTH
HTH

DVC will not talk to either of these posters. They will only talk to the member who owns the points.

I have tried to see if someone has already asked this question so sorry if its been asked. I have made Ffp selections on our last day but one ride is showing up in my reservations and in my itinerary. However when I go to change selections all three are showing. So will the two other rides eventually show up? Or should I cancel all three and start over? One other note, only the one ride is showing up on the Disney ap too. Thanks.

I have tried to see if someone has already asked this question so sorry if its been asked. I have made Ffp selections on our last day but one ride is showing up in my reservations and in my itinerary. However when I go to change selections all three are showing. So will the two other rides eventually show up? Or should I cancel all three and start over? One other note, only the one ride is showing up on the Disney ap too. Thanks.

It's a quirky glitch... But from those who have had the same issue- it sounds like, so long as they are reflected correctly when you go into your day (as if to change your FP selections- then it is correct in the master system and will work for your designated return time. Good idea to write them down and not rely on MDE to have proper list or times of your FP choices! But your MB should be correct

We arrive on Dec. 8th and I received the invite through MDE on October 18th. It said I have until November 7th to customize.

Then I just received an invite in the mail telling me I have until November 27th to customize. :confused3 I think they got the date wrong on the mail invite or something?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter