Anyone fly to HH from New England?

Jenn

DIS Veteran
If so,

Which airports did you fly out of and into?

Did you find any non-stop flights and with which airlines?

What price range did you pay?

I searched around various travel sites yesterday looking for flights out of Boston and Providence going to HH, Savannah, or Charleston and found no non-stops and varying price ranges of $200 or so to $600 or so PP.

We are looking to go sometime in June/July of 2003 so I used this summer's dates just to get an idea of price range and flight availability.

Those prices seem right to me. While lovely to visit, neither Charleston nor Savannah really generate the type of traffic that will push fares down. I did my own search recently leaving from Newark, NJ and the best that I could do was a price around $240 pp with at least one stop. The corresponding travel time simply made it unworkable.

I know that it seems like much too long to drive, but you should really consider doing that for your trip. Even if you decide to rent a car and drive, it would be cheaper than flying into either of those locations, especially since you would be renting a car in any event.

If you are traveling with more than two people, then I further stress the wisdom of driving, especially if you drive during "off hours" to get a jump on traffic and have the smaller members of your party sleep.

Good luck with your planning. HH is truly lovely and you will enjoy it there!

:smooth:

Many moons ago I flew out of Philadelphia to HH airport. There were no direct flights and the connection through raleigh-durham put me on one of those tiny, noisey and oh so cool to me at the time prop planes. I'm sure the airport is still there. :)

Ok..that probably doesn't help you much. :)

What you may want to do is look at the websites for the airports into which you are considering flying. Check to see which airlines serve them. You may find that smaller airlines (like spirit or sunsomethingoranother) service the airports, but for whatever reason, these small airlines don't show up in the popluar travel search engines. Knowing which smaller airlines fly into where you wish to go means you can go directly to their site to get departure and fare information.

Hope this helps,
Joe

Hi, Jenn!

We live in Westminster, not far from you, and have driven to WDW a number of times. I don't know about flying to HHI, but the drive really isn't bad, if you've got the time. It'll add a couple of days to your trip as it would take two days to get there and two days to get back, as opposed to losing one day to fly down and another day to fly back. We get Trip Tix from AAA, which provide lots of useful info about the areas you drive through. And the maps they provide will help you to avoid construction. And you'll have your car once you get there, which may be handy.

Good luck with your plans...

I flew the Boston - Atlanta - Savannah route last May. The price was in the $200 range. It wasn't too bad of a flight. The Atlanta airport is HUGE though and I'd recommend taking the shuttle train they offer that takes you from gate to gate. I walked and it was a good hike.

In Savannah I rented a car and drove to HH. The Savannah airport is tiny and the rental car booths are right near the luggage pickup. Very easy drive to HH.

We flew from Boston to Atlanta to Savannah 3 years ago. This year we went Boston, DC, Charlotte, Savannah....UGH!!! But the tickets weren't that bad, I think around $200 pp. I don't know about any non-stops to Savannah, but once you're there it's very easy to pick up a rental car and drive. I think it was about 45 minutes to the resort. Hope this helps.

Hi,

We've had many relatives fly into Savannah from Boston via Atlanta to visit HHI. They flew Delta (offers the most flights) for about $ 155.00 pp. Delta offers the best variety of flight schedules.

Hope you have a wonderul trip. HH is my favorite Disney Resort.

Paula

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter