Anyone ever get the Luxury at Sea gift package?

My apologies for a dumb question, but what about the glasses? Are they for the recipient to keep? I don't know if the glasses are etched with the DCL logo or something. If so, the glasses would be nice to have.

I purchased the package on our last cruise (Alaska) and they were plush and warm and perfect for sitting on the verandah in Alaska! My hubby was pleased. Our kids ate the chocolate. The robes were very bulky and hard to pack. The robes are very warm and I can only wear mine on cold days. For our upcoming Caribbean cruise, I purchased thinner waffle robes on Etsy (embroidered) to surprise my hubby with.

Bumping this in the hopes that I can get some clarification on the current robes. The photos show what looks to be a soft, thick fluffy flannel-type material, but when I contacted Gifts to ask, they said that they were made of terry cloth and were not particularly thick. I’m not sure if they changed anything or if they gave me wrong information, or if the photo is incorrect. I don’t want to be stuck with a robe I don’t want. Does anyone know what they are actually like?

Thank you!

Hello there,
We bought this package in March. The robes are made from polyester and are soft but very hot ( they do not let the body breathe). They are not terry cloth at all, they are made from one hundred percent polyester (ie., plastic). The robes you receive (as loaners) in concierge are terry cloth on the inside and a smooth cloth on the outside (probably polyester).

The romance package robes are more like the ones you can buy from Costco for $14 to $20. My daughter has one from Costco that is very similar to the one we received onboard that Gramma bought her (from Costco) and paid $14.00, that is why I am making the Costco comparison. The robes are large and work great if you are wearing them for a short period of time or if it is a very cold day. The Prosecco, Santa Elvira Prosecco, that comes with the Romance package was good, runs about $19 a bottle off-site (not Disney). The candy was "yuk", we threw it away. I cannot even compare it to anything I have tasted before other than cheap Halloween candy. It was nasty tasting. The rose was very nice. It slowly opened over our seven day cruise. Hindsight, yes, I would order this package again "one time only" while realizing that the items are not the best quality but is a fun experience.

The robes we enjoyed while on the trip and now they are hanging in the guest room - because they keep us too warm for comfort. Our guests do enjoy them so they were worth the purchase. I think it is a great one time buy but not something I will do as a repeat purchase.

Hello there,
We bought this package in March. The robes are made from polyester and are soft but very hot ( they do not let the body breathe). They are not terry cloth at all, they are made from one hundred percent polyester (ie., plastic). The robes you receive (as loaners) in concierge are terry cloth on the inside and a smooth cloth on the outside (probably polyester).

The romance package robes are more like the ones you can buy from Costco for $14 to $20. My daughter has one from Costco that is very similar to the one we received onboard that Gramma bought her (from Costco) and paid $14.00, that is why I am making the Costco comparison. The robes are large and work great if you are wearing them for a short period of time or if it is a very cold day. The Prosecco, Santa Elvira Prosecco, that comes with the Romance package was good, runs about $19 a bottle off-site (not Disney). The candy was "yuk", we threw it away. I cannot even compare it to anything I have tasted before other than cheap Halloween candy. It was nasty tasting. The rose was very nice. It slowly opened over our seven day cruise. Hindsight, yes, I would order this package again "one time only" while realizing that the items are not the best quality but is a fun experience.

The robes we enjoyed while on the trip and now they are hanging in the guest room - because they keep us too warm for comfort. Our guests do enjoy them so they were worth the purchase. I think it is a great one time buy but not something I will do as a repeat purchase.

View attachment 404261

View attachment 404271

View attachment 404272

View attachment 404273

View attachment 404274

Thank you SO MUCH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter