Anyone else a recipe collector but not a cook?

pas2

Mouseketeer
I love to collect cookbooks and read them but am really not much of a cook. I make a few things really well and the rest are just so-so. Heck I still can't make a decent meatloaf or chicken no matter what. I do like to try new recipes if they are not complicated. I think I need cooking school to gain some confidence. You could never tell I come from a family of great cooks!

So fess up, anyone else more of a collector than a cook?

I also love collecting cookbooks! :) At this time of my life I don't have much time to cook but I hope to in the future. I belong to the Good Cook book club (say that 10 times fast!) and I still order from them even tho I fufilled my obligation long ago. It's a habit.

Jill

I do cook, but I have tons of cookbooks that I have never cooked anything from. I also have lots of recipes from magazines that I have never made and probably never will. I keep saying I'm going to go through the files and get rid of some.

Oh, here I am...that's me! Love collecting recipes, organizing them, planning...but I really hate to cook! and don't cook very well.
My son does a better job seasoning things than I do! LOL

HC

Me... Me...Me!! I love cookbooks!!! My saying is "I love cookbooks just don't like to use them!" :) I wish I was a better cook but some people have it and some don't... I don't...:rolleyes:

yep...they make it so easy to just have piles of cookbooks in my cabinets...the things are always on the bargain racks at the bookstores. i would love to actually make some of the delicious looking recipes, but my husband likes about 6 different things and is happy with just that. i guess i should be thankful that it's easy. :D

I'm always collecting recipes and never do them! I also have a huge collection of cook books. I always say that I will not buy anymore, but there is always one that looks so good and say that I will definitely use it. But of course, I don't!:D Glad to see that I'm not the only one.

I have two huge cabinets in my garage full of cookbooks. That doesn't count the ones that are in my kitchen that use, and the holiday ones grouped together in the bookcase with the Christmas books. I cook quite a bit, but usually the same old stuff. I have been trying lately to pick out a couple of new recipes from some of the cookbooks each week and try them tho. I never stop buying them, subscribing to them, printing recipes off the computer and cutting them out of magazines. I've been saying I was going to organize mine since before I got married. Maybe if they were organized I might try some of them, but chances are I'll just keep collecting. I'd really like to go through some of the ones I've clipped and put them on the computer. Some day! ;)

Candi

Me! I enjoy cooking casseroles etc. - anything where you have to chop stuff. My family likes meat and potatoes - plain, no chunks of onion etc. I think everything tastes terrible that way so I can't get too jazzed about cooking. So I fullfill my cooking fantasies by looking at cookbooks and waiting for the next potluck!

I have a ton of cookbooks and keep buying more as they all look so good. I also have loads of recipes that I have cut out of papers or magazines. I finally organized them into accordion folders by category and actually tossed some of them out - not enough though.

I do cook, but not much lately as I am cooking mostly for myself and end up eating the same thing all week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter