Any rides I can go on while pregnant?

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
Are there any rides I can go on while pregnant in either IOA or Universal? It’s been a while since I’ve been to the park but I don’t remember there being much that wasn’t an intense ride

I didn’t realize until you asked but there aren’t very many rides for pregnant people.

ET
Seuss land rides

Possibly:
Men in Black ?
Jurassic Park ?

Not sure about King Kong and Fast and Furious because they throw you around a lot and there are no seat belts.

Actually, I’m going to revise my previous reply and say NOT King Kong or Fast and Furious... they stopped short once and we all went flying forward.

Mib will spin you around. JP has the big drop. So I don’t know about them. The Seuss rides would be okay, Minion mania has some stationary seats . But not a lot of rides that would okay.

Yeah, it really isn't a great place for pregnant people. EVen Seuss spins. It wouldn't be dangerous but if you are having morning sickness, it may not be pleasant. The Bourne Stunt show and the special effects make up shows are both quite entertaining. There's a pet performing show that is cute, too. They aren't rides, but at least they are something. You can ask for a behind the scenes tour of the Race through NY ride and they'll show you some Emmy's and stuff. The ET ride would be safe. The little Seuss train in the sky would be ok too, but that line moves like molasses. There really isn't anything else you can do in the parks. Even the Poseiden Adventure is closed. You may have a better time riding the boats to the resorts and walking around them.

You can walk through the queue of Forbidden Journey and not go on the ride. You can watch the Frog Choir, Celestina Warbeck, or the Tales of Beedle the Bard, meet a Goblin at Gringotts, see the Ollivander's show, or get a wand and do spells to your heart's content. You can ride the Hogwarts Express both ways.

In the rest of the parks there's the Seuss rides (I think a pregnant person could ride all of them), ET, the Hollywood Horror Makeup show and other shows, greet characters, visit the Dinosaur Discovery Center and meet a raptor, squirt people on the Popeye water rides, relax waterside with a frosty drink, get your photo taken with Jaws, and watch parades!

There's also the Blues Brothers show, and I think they do another show at that location, but I can't remember what it is or if they still do it. There are quite a few show you could do around the park. Could you do some of the tamer simulator rides? Would something like Minions or Race Through New York be possible? The seats move, but it's more the illusion of motion than actually getting tossed around the way you do with some of the more intense rides.

Probably not advisable to do Minions in the regular motion seats, but the stationary seats would be fine. As a small bonus, the wait is often quite a bit shorter for those. There's a separate entrance for the stationary seats.

OP could also perhaps go through a number of ride queues, like Hogwarts Castle and MiB. Universal's queues have lots of details that many people overlook. I can't say for certain if you can use them when pregnant, but Universal offers child swap lounges inside many rides (unlike WDW). The lounges are not fancy, but they have AC and a place to sit.

Another attraction that comes to mind is Hurl N' Twirl. (Similar to Dumbo and Red Fish Blue Fish). Universal has character greets. Getting a wand via Olivander's and really exploring the Harry Potter areas is another very good non-ride option. It is also fun to watch other people as they try to master the spells.

Last, if your family is not familiar with Universal, then a potential big plus of having a non-rider in your party is that the non-rider can hold everyone's stuff while they ride. That way they don't need to use the lockers, which can save quite a bit of time.

I find it hilarious that "handheld infants" can enjoy Ollivanders and Minions stationary seating, but for some reason they aren't on the pregnant women list.... (per above link)

What does Universal think goes on in those attractions to be of any concern for pregnancy?

I find it hilarious that "handheld infants" can enjoy Ollivanders and Minions stationary seating, but for some reason they aren't on the pregnant women list.... (per above link)

What does Universal think goes on in those attractions to be of any concern for pregnancy?
Took a gander @ the list you posted.

supposedly handheld infants are ok on:

• Me Ship, The Olive®
o_O That has to be a mistake

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter