Any indications of when Fall 2020 Discounts will be released?

I’ve got a friend who just got a Pop room on Hotwire for just over $80 a night for September. He’s local but would’ve been able to book this no matter where he was from. Very interesting. Seeing more reports of this.
I saw Pop yesterday on Priceline for this weekend for $89/night. Pretty sweet deal!

I saw Pop yesterday on Priceline for this weekend for $89/night. Pretty sweet deal!
And that right there shows why they won’t be reopening more resorts soon, like All Stars. If they can’t fill Pop at the normally low rates, and are now offering them for All Star prices on Hotwire, they’re not going to open more resorts, unfortunately

I think you’re right that discounts will most likely start to be offered by the end of the fall due to the decreasing FL numbers, but I don’t think it’ll be tied to an increase in park capacity. I think we’ll most likely see capacity remain static for the rest of the year unfortunately. Especially since they’re no where close to hitting capacity right now, and we’re entering into the slower season.
True -- But I would guess capacity limits would go up (maybe even unannounced) at the same time they announce discounts.

If they TRULY are going to be opening more resorts by the end of the year, you'd think that park capacity would go up a little (even if just by 1000 or two).

Disney is thinking that they don't want out-of-state guests ... for now. And that made sense due to the restricted nature of things, lack of air travel, etc. They don't want to encourage guests to come right now (even though they aren't hitting their max capacity limit).

That may change as the Florida case numbers have plummeted from the spike in July.

So .. i would expect Disney start to release discounts once they feel comfortable UPPING their capacity limits.

It's a shame you have to dig to find a hotwire or priceline deal and Disney just can't offer a discount on rooms that OBVIOUSLY aren't being filled.
Disney is thinking that they don't want out-of-state guests ... for now. And that made sense due to the restricted nature of things, lack of air travel, etc. They don't want to encourage guests to come right now (even though they aren't hitting their max capacity limit).

That may change as the Florida case numbers have plummeted from the spike in July.

So .. i would expect Disney start to release discounts once they feel comfortable UPPING their capacity limits.

It's a shame you have to dig to find a hotwire or priceline deal and Disney just can't offer a discount on rooms that OBVIOUSLY aren't being filled.
I don’t think Disney has to worry about upping capacity considering they are not very close to even reaching their current capacity. Also I feel like out of state guest are coming regardless and just not staying on Disney property bc of mostly only deluxe resorts being available and the full price rates. Wouldn’t Disney want to persuade the out of state guest to stay on property instead of local orlando resorts, universal resorts or Airbnb’s

True -- But I would guess capacity limits would go up (maybe even unannounced) at the same time they announce discounts.

If they TRULY are going to be opening more resorts by the end of the year, you'd think that park capacity would go up a little (even if just by 1000 or two).
I think capacity will remain the same at first and AP only guest just would not get the last minute pop up park reservations that Disney has be releasing lately. It just shows the resort and single day ticket guest are not coming and most park guest are APs. If everything is this slow now during summer I just can’t imagine what will happen come fall when kids are back to school. I would be shocked if Disney continues opening more resorts and doesn’t offer some sort of discount for sept-thru mid Dec minus holiday weekends and Thanksgiving

This thread has all of the information you need. @JJTNY has some tools he posted in the thread to help you identify Disney hotels on PL express deals.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/priceline-express-deals.3598657/
Thanks .. I see some great Bonnet Creek area deals .. but they all seem to be sold out for different dates I tried. Try, try again.

Back to the topic -- I think Disney needs to start offering some discounts to start getting people coming back .. or start offering discounts for NEXT year to get people on the books and read for next year.

I have reservations for next year booked .. but probably won't keep them if:
1) Things aren't FULLY back to normal
2) There are no discounts

I do plan on going in November to check it out for a day or two (staying offsite)... so discounts are less needed.

I would think a good thing for Disney to do is offer some sort of AP discount and start selling them again. Having an AP may make it "worth" going with the restrictions AND it sorta locks people in for coming back for a more fuller vacation (spending more money) next year.

Thanks .. I see some great Bonnet Creek area deals .. but they all seem to be sold out for different dates I tried. Try, try again.

Back to the topic -- I think Disney needs to start offering some discounts to start getting people coming back .. or start offering discounts for NEXT year to get people on the books and read for next year.

I have reservations for next year booked .. but probably won't keep them if:
1) Things aren't FULLY back to normal
2) There are no discounts

I do plan on going in November to check it out for a day or two (staying offsite)... so discounts are less needed.

I would think a good thing for Disney to do is offer some sort of AP discount and start selling them again. Having an AP may make it "worth" going with the restrictions AND it sorta locks people in for coming back for a more fuller vacation (spending more money) next year.

I'm of the opinion APs won't go back on sale for new customers until park hopping is an option again and I think we are looking at Q3/Q4 2021 before things are "fully" back to normal..

I don't think there will be any discounts as they may still need to deal with pole who want to move rewservations but are waiting for more of 2021 to open u becuse they are in plces that are still restricting travel to the US.

I don't think there will be any discounts as they may still need to deal with pole who want to move rewservations but are waiting for more of 2021 to open u becuse they are in plces that are still restricting travel to the US.
They did room discounts for September. I don’t see why they wouldn’t do more. They aren’t filling their rooms now. They also aren’t filling the parks.

They did room discounts for September. I don’t see why they wouldn’t do more. They aren’t filling their rooms now. They also aren’t filling the parks.
They may only do them as they know what the actual inventory is as some rooms are still being used by the NBA and then you also may have people who are still on the fence about cancelling or also waiting for more information for next year too.

I’ve been looking & most resorts that are open still have every room category available. A pp mentioned that there would be no need for discounts b/c those who will go during a pandemic will go no matter what the price is, but I disagree. I know plenty of ppl who want to go but who will not pay current prices for a reduced experience. And, if there is that much room availability, it would seem wdw isn’t a full as they would like to be.

I’ve been looking & most resorts that are open still have every room category available. A pp mentioned that there would be no need for discounts b/c those who will go during a pandemic will go no matter what the price is, but I disagree. I know plenty of ppl who want to go but who will not pay current prices for a reduced experience. And, if there is that much room availability, it would seem wdw isn’t a full as they would like to be.
Exactly!!! I know so many people who are out of state and don’t have AP that would visit for if there was a discount. People don’t want to pay full price with half the experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter