Any indications of when Fall 2020 Discounts will be released?

Well that’s disappointing. Don’t live in a Chosen State and want more than 4 days...
I think the quoted dollar discounts were for four-day stays, but you get the same daily discount for longer stays: $25 per night for values, $62.50 per night for moderates, and $125 per night for deluxes. At least that's how mousesavers describes it, and I've found that website to be more informative than the Disney website itself for Disney offers.

I'm pretty disappointed in the regular discounts. I'm not from the south. We frequently stay in values or moderates. Last year, we stayed in All Star Music for barely over $100/night and got free dining to boot. Now, they've closed the cheapest of the value resorts, hiked the price at Pop by around $50/night over the last year... then they offer about 13% off those crazy inflated rates. No thanks, Disney. We're going to be looking heavily at off site hotels since the incentive for staying at a Disney hotel is quickly going away.

I'm pretty disappointed in the regular discounts. I'm not from the south. We frequently stay in values or moderates. Last year, we stayed in All Star Music for barely over $100/night and got free dining to boot. Now, they've closed the cheapest of the value resorts, hiked the price at Pop by around $50/night over the last year... then they offer about 13% off those crazy inflated rates. No thanks, Disney. We're going to be looking heavily at off site hotels since the incentive for staying at a Disney hotel is quickly going away.
Hotwire has been having prices at Pop under $100 a night.

That's the discount I was figuring they would come out with soon .. a discount targeted to the "a day's drive away" market. (which I am).

A discount is a discount, the problem is the "rack rate" of these hotels have gone up quietly so much that the discount isn't really a discount (compared to even last year) Pop Century (after discount) for early November is still WAY more than I've paid for any Value hotel at ANY time of year in the past 5-6 years (including that same time frame in 2018).

I feel they are discounting the wrong thing though ... discount the TICKET price as well to encourage the people who are willing and able to drive a few hours to come down to "check it out" for a few days to make it feel like a value to go with all the reduced hours and experiences. Sure .. I get they want to fill their hotels (their money makers), but I feel they need to encourage people to get in the door due to the reduced hours, reduced demand to vacation, increased encumbrance to go to parks (masks) and reduced experiences inside the parks themselves.

So maybe I will splurge on a Deluxe or Moderate resort for a night or two for my anniversary, just don't think I'm ready to drag the whole family there yet. I even have reservations for late January that feel VERY questionable right now still. (which shocks me).

I think a lot of us will be waiting for the inevitable early 2021 discounts.
Yes. I have friends who were already booked on a decent room rate through a travel agency for Pop. However, they still probably will cancel b/c their tickets price is outrageous to them for the reduced experience.

Is there a way to locate the disney resorts on hotwire? i went on the site but couldn't find any. i entered pop century in the search field

I've even heard anecdotes that these "discounted" prices are more expensive than regular prices booked pre-covid for the same time frame.

Would be curious to see though how much boost these discounts do give them .. I would guess that Disney would slowly increase park capacity as resort reservations increase. Though .. I doubt they'll really know what their capacity will be now since people can cancel last minute (and probably will). I am sure there are a LOT of people who have had pre-covid vacations booked and just been holding on to them until the last minute waiting to see if things shift back to normal.

Is there a way to locate the disney resorts on hotwire? i went on the site but couldn't find any. i entered pop century in the search field
See the discussion in the Priceline Express Deals thread. Hotwire is discussed in that thread too.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/priceline-express-deals.3598657/page-306#post-62215920
Edit to add: See post 6174 in that thread too. To get the bargain price that rteetz alluded to, you will almost certainly have to make an opaque booking (a Hot Rate hotel), i.e. you won't see the name of the hotel until after you've paid. You have to take that "risk." However, it's not much of a risk if you know how Hotwire describes the hotel you're hoping to find.

Last edited:
The passholder rate is enough that we are considering going again before Christmas - we are out of state, but in southeast. I cancelled our Caribbean beach stay in Sept because I got a dedicated rental of DVC points 2 bdr at AKL for the same as I was paying at CB the same week. We have Hilton points though, so we may stay at the springs instead. Disney wins either way if we come back, we'll spend some $.

Just booked end of NOV at POP preferred room for 158$ a night, I was going to book for 228 but the transaction failed, site went down. 30 minutes later it came back with new pricing. So this could be new. I only Booked one night since this is just to tide us over till our DVC stay due to an airline change, not sure if the length matters

I think this is sort of related to fall discounts? WDW is still doing PIN offers.
Overnight I received one of these elusive PINs (!). Didn't expect to see one of these this year.
It's for PoP, which is interesting since I just canceled a November Pop stay on Tuesday to rebook at GDT when the fall discount was dropped. It's good until 12/25 like the other discounts. (Their IT really needs to get it together so marketing can do better analysis. Why send me back to a cheaper hotel to make less money because either hotel they had me at a higher rate. Unless they're trying to get me to take another trip this year lol).

It was a tough decision to switch in the first place, and now I really gotta rethink this, lol.

Last edited:
I have been pricing Disney rooms for months and have a Dolphin room booked. I’m in Texas and bought my tickets through UT so I wasn’t able to use either of the released discounts.
I got a 35% pin discount email this morning though.

I got the pin code this morning as well. Figures, we probably won’t be back till 2022.

I got a pin too, but like I said in a bunch of other threads, it's not enough to get me to go back right now. The 5th sleeper room at CBR is the same rate as my cancelled trip in March which was booked summer 2019.

No thanks. Send me a better packaged deal because I'm not paying that price for a limited experience in a pandemic.

I think this is sort of related to fall discounts? WDW is still doing PIN offers.
Overnight I received one of these elusive PINs (!). Didn't expect to see one of these this year.
It's for PoP, which is interesting since I just canceled a November Pop stay on Tuesday to rebook at GDT when the fall discount was dropped. It's good until 12/25 like the other discounts. (Their IT really needs to get it together so marketing can do better analysis. Why send me back to a cheaper hotel to make less money because either hotel they had me at a higher rate. Unless they're trying to get me to take another trip this year lol).

It was a tough decision to switch in the first place, and now I really gotta rethink this, lol.
You mean like a bounceback offer in your room?

Sort of, it’s an email going out to certain people to book with the up to 35% offer that FL residents and AP’s already are receiving.
Ah ok. I was at the Contemporary last week and didn't recall seeing any bounceback offers in the room but I also didn't really look around because I assumed they weren't doing them right now.

You mean like a bounceback offer in your room?
I'm not sure how those work (never used one). but what @skeeter31 says sounds right.
Mine isn't a percentage though (I know some others have reported receiving percentages), it's for a rate at Pop specifically. Depending on what price they used for Pop, I just did the math and it appears to be between 30% and 35% for the dates I already had booked.

I got a code today so emails must be going out. I have not gotten a code in over 10 years

Ah ok. I was at the Contemporary last week and didn't recall seeing any bounceback offers in the room but I also didn't really look around because I assumed they weren't doing them right now.
I don't think they are. When we stayed at CR three weeks ago, there were none. I did look because I'd only seen the flyer once before (AoA) and I had to look that time because I'd only learned about bouncebacks through these boards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter