Any indications of when Fall 2020 Discounts will be released?

Looks like some discounts dropped last night
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/magic-is-here-vacation-package/https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/magic-is-here-room/
Edit: Based on the fine print, it looks like AP discounts will be extended to a book by 12/25 (the offer itself still says September though)
I keep trying the AP offer but it redirects me to the home page. Anybody able to get to the offer? I never know if it is an aversion to the browser I am using any more.

I keep trying the AP offer but it redirects me to the home page. Anybody able to get to the offer? I never know if it is an aversion to the browser I am using any more.
I had the same problem. I had a reservation already in place and I had to go into change reservation to get the AP offer. Good luck!

I keep getting redirected to the "Return to the Magic" page (the home page I guess?). Seems like they are still working on it.

I used the front home page to put my dates in, it brought up the discounted room rates. Was able to put room in cart. Not able to check out. So had to call Passholder VIp to actually book.

Drive market

My first thought as well. But I'm curious if this is not a COVID strategy as well. The less mixing of people from all over the country the better?

Or they don't want to be swamped with people coming in so they are limiting to the people who are more likely to come (driving) and they are able to control their occupancy better?

My first thought as well. But I'm curious if this is not a COVID strategy as well. The less mixing of people from all over the country the better?

Or they don't want to be swamped with people coming in so they are limiting to the people who are more likely to come (driving) and they are able to control their occupancy better?
I think all the above.

Looks like some discounts dropped last night
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/magic-is-here-vacation-package/https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/magic-is-here-room/
Edit: Based on the fine print, it looks like AP discounts will be extended to a book by 12/25 (the offer itself still says September though)
That's the discount I was figuring they would come out with soon .. a discount targeted to the "a day's drive away" market. (which I am).

A discount is a discount, the problem is the "rack rate" of these hotels have gone up quietly so much that the discount isn't really a discount (compared to even last year) Pop Century (after discount) for early November is still WAY more than I've paid for any Value hotel at ANY time of year in the past 5-6 years (including that same time frame in 2018).

I feel they are discounting the wrong thing though ... discount the TICKET price as well to encourage the people who are willing and able to drive a few hours to come down to "check it out" for a few days to make it feel like a value to go with all the reduced hours and experiences. Sure .. I get they want to fill their hotels (their money makers), but I feel they need to encourage people to get in the door due to the reduced hours, reduced demand to vacation, increased encumbrance to go to parks (masks) and reduced experiences inside the parks themselves.

So maybe I will splurge on a Deluxe or Moderate resort for a night or two for my anniversary, just don't think I'm ready to drag the whole family there yet. I even have reservations for late January that feel VERY questionable right now still. (which shocks me).

I think a lot of us will be waiting for the inevitable early 2021 discounts.

That's the discount I was figuring they would come out with soon .. a discount targeted to the "a day's drive away" market. (which I am).

A discount is a discount, the problem is the "rack rate" of these hotels have gone up quietly so much that the discount isn't really a discount (compared to even last year) Pop Century (after discount) for early November is still WAY more than I've paid for any Value hotel at ANY time of year in the past 5-6 years (including that same time frame in 2018).

I feel they are discounting the wrong thing though ... discount the TICKET price as well to encourage the people who are willing and able to drive a few hours to come down to "check it out" for a few days to make it feel like a value to go with all the reduced hours and experiences. Sure .. I get they want to fill their hotels (their money makers), but I feel they need to encourage people to get in the door due to the reduced hours, reduced demand to vacation, increased encumbrance to go to parks (masks) and reduced experiences inside the parks themselves.

So maybe I will splurge on a Deluxe or Moderate resort for a night or two for my anniversary, just don't think I'm ready to drag the whole family there yet. I even have reservations for late January that feel VERY questionable right now still. (which shocks me).

I think a lot of us will be waiting for the inevitable early 2021 discounts.
They’ll never discount the ticket. The tickets are their bread and butter and discounting it would open too many issues for them going forward. Resort discounts are going to be all we get for the foreseeable future. If they discount the hotels, they’ve already got you and you’ll buy tickets anyway. If they discount the tickets, people will buy tickets and stay off property.

They’ll never discount the ticket. The tickets are their bread and butter and discounting it would open too many issues for them going forward. Resort discounts are going to be all we get for the foreseeable future. If they discount the hotels, they’ve already got you and you’ll buy tickets anyway. If they discount the tickets, people will buy tickets and stay off property.
If you're a FL resident they actually *did* discount the tickets with the FL Flex Tickets $65 a day for a 2 day ticket, which I'm hearing is a ticket offering they haven't had in over 15 years.

If you're a FL resident they actually *did* discount the tickets with the FL Flex Tickets $65 a day for a 2 day ticket, which I'm hearing is a ticket offering they haven't had in over 15 years.
True. Florida discounts are a different animal. They routinely have special tickets or AP discounts for FL residents. I was speaking more to general admission tickets for out of state guests.
The Florida discounts work a different way. They’ll discount the 2 day tickets severely in order to tempt locals (or those within an hour or so) to come and perhaps spend a night or 2. So it’s the same premise, just executed differently. Whereas out of state guests they need to lock into the resort first and then they’ll buy the tickets.

This . plus they offered a "4 different parks in 4 days" ticket twice in the past few years. I think that price was like $300-350 ..which was much cheaper (with a restriction) than the normal 4 day Magic Your Way ticket. That brought the ticket price to well under $100/day, which was significant at the time.

They have also offered tickets in the past that never expired .. which was essentially a discount if you hung on to them for years.

But yes .. tickets are their bread and butter. $400/day for a family of four is way more income for WDW than $150-300/day for some of their hotel rooms.

A guy can wish, right?

I swapped my Pop reservation for a GDT today with the discount (I live in VA). It's a special trip long weekend trip for my adult DD so I decided to go for it. Normally we'd be doing a character dinner or two so I figured this was almost cheaper, Disney math! lol. Actually if the whole family was going, it would be cheaper lol.

(And if for whatever reason CSR doesn't open, we're Ok with moving again! Getting used to it now after our third time's the charm August trip :) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter