Antics of the Orange Banded Monkeys: Heartbreaking News June 2017

I can share my toy! Think I will need to find space in my luggage for Minnie for our October trip!

She is not as loose as some would have you believe, those are all tabloid rumors.

As evidence my I present this! PS. That is rumored to be a Sultry Seahorse that she is drinking...

bedeviled_minnie_by_chadrocco-d4dg0ak.jpg

I look forward to making up my own mind about Minnie's morals. :)

I suspect with the correct number of hot pretzel rolls you could be easily persuaded to see my point...

biergarten-rolls-pretzel-bread.jpg

~NM

PS:Just for the h-e double toothpick of it!
DSCF9172.jpg

Ah yes, I forgot that you have witnessed me with my weakness.

Pretzel bread is your kryptonite and you shall be my minion as long as it has that power over you. I have huge plans to rule the world and every Villain needs a side kick. We just have to come up with your persona.

~NM

I finally got a chance to read through! I'm not going to comment on everything, but here are a few thoughts:

The tribute to Bob is beautiful. He was obviously a wonderful man, and I hope Teena and her family have been able to find some comfort through their family, friends, and memories of Bob.

I love that you have a synchronized pool tube team. And uniforms. That is really awesome!

I'm so jealous that you got to go to Top of the World Lounge for Wishes! It really is such a beautiful view of the parks and the fireworks! (I really need to find a friend who has DVC and can take me up there!)

LOL at what they did to you when you were asleep. Too funny!

You guys are so much fun! Every single update made me laugh!

I finally got a chance to read through! I'm not going to comment on everything, but here are a few thoughts:

The tribute to Bob is beautiful. He was obviously a wonderful man, and I hope Teena and her family have been able to find some comfort through their family, friends, and memories of Bob.

I love that you have a synchronized pool tube team. And uniforms. That is really awesome!

I'm so jealous that you got to go to Top of the World Lounge for Wishes! It really is such a beautiful view of the parks and the fireworks! (I really need to find a friend who has DVC and can take me up there!)

LOL at what they did to you when you were asleep. Too funny!

You guys are so much fun! Every single update made me laugh!

:welcome:

Thank you so much for reading!!!

Some days are better than others for Teena and her family. She moved out to Las Vegas at the end of January and she is building a house for her, daughter Jeanne and granddaughter Lily. As you know, I was in Florida on Marathon weekend, helping Teena out with the house, and made it to the parks unexpectedly.

I will give all credit for the uniforms to ~Ninjamom. She had the t-shirts made last year. The bathing caps were a surprise (to us) addition this year.

The Top of the World was a highlight of the trip. I am so thankful that Nannette shared that experience with us!

The Dress Up Dee episode was really hilarious. I only wish I had been "there" to enjoy the antics. I honestly had no idea that had happened, so it is a good thing there was photographic evidence.

Glad we could bring you some laughs. We really are a crazy bunch!

:rotfl2:

A Final Morning Stroll

Before I get to my last few hours at the Beach Club for this trip, a little recap of the previous night is in order.

I didn’t mention that after returning to the room following Illuminations, and some girl-gab time, we turned on the tv for the first time during the trip. I don’t think anyone could possibly guess what we watched…

The channel we were watching was ESPN Classic, which was airing an old episode of Battle of the Network Stars. Holy Flashback to the 70’s, Batman! Hosted by Howard Cosell, all the favorites were there- Heather Locklear, Valerie Bertinelli, Melissa Gilbert and of course Scott Baio (CHACHI!!!), all with beautifully feathered hair. Well, except for Howard Cosell.

It was horrifyingly fascinating. We couldn’t stop watching and we couldn’t change the channel.

I took my sleeping pill and although it is normally very fast acting, it took me almost an hour to fall asleep.

There were several reasons for this

1. As I mentioned, Battle of the Network Stars! I HAD to find out if the heroes of ABC kicked CBS’s butts.

2. My monkeys were watching me and timing how long it was taking me to doze off (try sleeping to that!)

3. I was scared, rightly so, of what might happen when I did
To the best of my knowledge, however, it was an uneventful night after I finally fell asleep.

:rotfl2:

Tuesday September 1-

My flight was at 11:10 that morning, so I was scheduled on the 8:05 Tragical Depress.

As I do most mornings at Disney, I woke early, made a cup of coffee and slipped out of the room.

6 am:

DSCF9435.jpg

camera

WP_20150901_004.jpg

phone

DSCF9437.jpg

camera

WP_20150901_006.jpg

phone

WP_20150901_007.jpg

WP_20150901_010.jpg

For my running friends. If I was going to run on vacation, this is where I would do it!

WP_20150901_008.jpg

Looks like I’m not the only one crazy enough to be out here this early:

DSCF9441.jpg

DSCF9442.jpg

WP_20150901_011.jpg

WP_20150901_017.jpg

WP_20150901_019.jpg

WP_20150901_026.jpg

I have a Panorama feature on my phone. I don’t remember to use it often:

WP_20150901_06_49_27_Panorama.jpg

Well, since I'm pretty sure there are not 2 lighthouses, this picture is a fail!

Here- back to the regular pictures- this is a little better

WP_20150901_071.jpg

Quiet Marina

WP_20150901_076.jpg

WP_20150901_078.jpg

WP_20150901_072.jpg

WP_20150901_073.jpg

WP_20150901_080.jpg

WP_20150901_081.jpg

WP_20150901_074.jpg

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
Continued from previous post

Time to head inside the Yacht Club for a bit to walk around. I love seeing the resorts with nobody around. So peaceful!

WP_20150901_028.jpg

WP_20150901_029.jpg

WP_20150901_030.jpg

WP_20150901_031.jpg

WP_20150901_032.jpg

WP_20150901_033.jpg

WP_20150901_035.jpg

WP_20150901_036.jpg

WP_20150901_037.jpg

I then stood outside of Fittings & Fairings Gift Shop and took some pictures of the inside. Here are the links I added to the Beach & Yacht Club FAQ thread. The first link has pictures from this morning. The second link has pictures I took during my first visit to F&F a couple of nights previously, after the monkeys dined at bluezoo. For some reason, a lot of the pictures in the second set are blurry.

:confused3 :drinking1

Fittings & Fairings, From the Outside Looking In, September 2015
Fittings & Fairings, YC Resort Merchandise, Purses, Drinks, September 2015

I went upstairs, to the area where we had held our desk races just a couple of nights before.

WP_20150901_063.jpg

WP_20150901_065.jpg
WP_20150901_064.jpg

I'll have to play around with cropping these two pictures so they line up. Someday.

WP_20150901_061.jpg

WP_20150901_057.jpg

WP_20150901_058.jpg

WP_20150901_059.jpg

Every month I post the Activities Schedule on the Y&BC FAQ thread. Usually I have to get it from a friend or online. This time, I found copies set out at a table, so I had it posted before the sun came up!

WP_20150901_066_1.jpg

It was time to start making my way back to the room, so I headed outside again.

First, a visit to the Yacht Club Wedding Gazebo to take a few pictures

DSCF9456.jpg

DSCF9457.jpg

DSCF9458.jpg

DSCF9459.jpg

DSCF9460.jpg

Continuing on my walk back- This is NOT the Room Emmysmommy (Brenda) Paid For!

DSCF9462.jpg

DSCF9463.jpg

Back home

DSCF9469.jpg

7:03 am- I had been wandering around for an hour

DSCF9471.jpg

Next up: Final Goodbye(s), Tragical Depress, Déjà vu and A Wing and a Prayer

Last edited:
For my running friends. If I was going to run on vacation, this is where I would do it!
I loved running this jogging path back in the days when I used to run regularly. It was very peaceful. You also kept passing the same people since the path is only about a mile long.

went upstairs, to the area where we had held our desk races just a couple of nights before.
Is this on the second floor of the YC? I will have to do more exploring.

We were asleep in our room at the YC when you were wandering around taking pictures. We had a lagoon view room on the third floor, the room right next to the turret.

The YC is a beautiful resort. I hope you enjoy staying there in October. We like the fact that it is a shorter walk to DHS from there then it is from the BC. It is also the first bus stop for the park buses. :) And it is a shorter walk to get into SAB from the YC then from the BC.

I loved running this jogging path back in the days when I used to run regularly. It was very peaceful. You also kept passing the same people since the path is only about a mile long.

Is this on the second floor of the YC? I will have to do more exploring.

We were asleep in our room at the YC when you were wandering around taking pictures. We had a lagoon view room on the third floor, the room right next to the turret.

The YC is a beautiful resort. I hope you enjoy staying there in October. We like the fact that it is a shorter walk to DHS from there then it is from the BC. It is also the first bus stop for the park buses. :) And it is a shorter walk to get into SAB from the YC then from the BC.

I love when I see pictures people have taken along the path while they are out running, especially when they are out by Hollywood Studios.

I think this is the second floor, up the stairs, near the elevator??? I'm sure I've mentioned to you that my sense of direction is horrid. So I can't swear that is where the pictures are from.

I am really looking forward to our stay at the "Dark Side". I am mostly happy that I don't have to worry about whether we will get a full balcony. Although I am not settling in just yet... We are staying club level and I am waiting to see, like everyone else, when the renovations to the rooms will start.

:goodvibes:

I love your resort walks. I haven't stayed in the Mk resort area but the Epcot resort area is by far my favorite. It's just so peaceful and I love the sunrise/sunset on the lagoon.

The channel we were watching was ESPN Classic, which was airing an old episode of Battle of the Network Stars. Holy Flashback to the 70’s, Batman! Hosted by Howard Cosell, all the favorites were there- Heather Locklear, Valerie Bertinelli, Melissa Gilbert and of course Scott Baio (CHACHI!!!), all with beautifully feathered hair. Well, except for Howard Cosell.

That is awesome. Seriously awesome.

The runDisney 10Ks go along this path somewhat. It was one of my favorite parts of the course - such a beautiful area to run!

The hotels really look so beautiful early in the morning. I don't know if it's the darkness or the lack of people, but even looking at the pictures is so relaxing!

Loved the early morning pictures! Thanks for sharing.

And that phone of yours takes a very good picture.

Time to head inside the Yacht Club for a bit to walk around. I love seeing the resorts with nobody around. So peaceful!
First, a visit to the Yacht Club Wedding Gazebo to take a few pictures

DSCF9456.jpg
Third floor, left side, third room from the elbow, one of the best rooms I ever had. Watched a wedding one afternoon from the room. Loved the violinist that they had for the service Just saying if you and Mark are looking for a room request to make for your October stay, this is the area to be in. And you get two secret entrances to choose from! You may have said you were "back home" when standing outside the BC entrance, but once the "dark side" seduces you, you will never return.
Katesdad

Ah sigh:love:- I'm granny-sitting this weekend and just looking at your photos has me dreaming of an early morning stroll around the boardwalk. In reality I'm looking out at grey, rainy skies and a long night of quiz shows and home decorating programs - deep joy :crazy2:
Still, one day I will be old (hopefully) and be glad of the company of my children providing they haven't made a run for it lol

I love your resort walks. I haven't stayed in the Mk resort area but the Epcot resort area is by far my favorite. It's just so peaceful and I love the sunrise/sunset on the lagoon.

Thank you!

I have only stayed at the All Stars and the Beach Club. I adore the EPCOT resort area. The Poly is the next resort on my list if we ever stray from the BC/YC, mainly for the theming.

The resort is pretty first thing in the morning, last thing at night (and in-between)

::yes::

That is awesome. Seriously awesome.

I don't think Battle of the Network Stars had even popped into my head for a couple of decades! It was a riot watching it.

:cheer2:

The runDisney 10Ks go along this path somewhat. It was one of my favorite parts of the course - such a beautiful area to run!

The hotels really look so beautiful early in the morning. I don't know if it's the darkness or the lack of people, but even looking at the pictures is so relaxing!

Early morning is truly a peaceful, magical time at the resorts.

:goodvibes

Great pictures! Love a good early morning stroll around Y&BC. So peaceful.

Oh gosh! Sounds like I should have wakened you to join me!

;)

Loved the early morning pictures! Thanks for sharing.

And that phone of yours takes a very good picture.

I like that I took the same pictures with both my camera and phone to compare. I find myself using my phone more and more for pictures. I probably told you, what I have is not a phone that takes pictures, it is a camera that takes phone calls.
:lmao:

Wonderful early morning, no crowd pictures. I just stayed at the BCV and loved it!

I'm so glad to hear you loved BCV. The resort really is home for me! The location is my favorite thing about staying there, although the pool is a close second.

:goodvibes

Third floor, left side, third room from the elbow, one of the best rooms I ever had. Watched a wedding one afternoon from the room. Loved the violinist that they had for the service Just saying if you and Mark are looking for a room request to make for your October stay, this is the area to be in. And you get two secret entrances to choose from! You may have said you were "back home" when standing outside the BC entrance, but once the "dark side" seduces you, you will never return.
Katesdad

I know we will love the Yacht Club as well. We are staying YC CL GV. There are 5 rooms in that category. 4 overlook the wedding gazebo and 1 overlooks the back entrance courtyard. I would be happy with any of these, so I don't think I am even going to put in a room request.

:cool1:

Ah sigh:love:- I'm granny-sitting this weekend and just looking at your photos has me dreaming of an early morning stroll around the boardwalk. In reality I'm looking out at grey, rainy skies and a long night of quiz shows and home decorating programs - deep joy :crazy2:
Still, one day I will be old (hopefully) and be glad of the company of my children providing they haven't made a run for it lol

Hope all went well this weekend. We did the double-shot parent visits on Friday. Mark's parents then my dad.

:flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter