Ant and Dec TV show LIVE from Magic Kingdom in April

There is nothing like snt in North America. Nothing on Saturday the family looks forward to watch together. I'm pretty sure they did a I'm a celeb years ago. One season without ant and dec.

Yes the game show was so odd and disjointed. Not them as presenters. But I do know people have trouble understanding them.

Somethings don't translate- like Robbie too. Ant and Dec have done so well to go through Biker grove to rapping and then won over men and women.

I am very surprised they haven't done a US version of I'm a Celeb already! And SNT, with a few tweaks, would be perfect for the American audience! It sounds like the shows they did were what failed, and not necessarily them as presenters?

Checked to make sure. They did two seasons of I'm a celeb USA. Hosted by a hear say girl

Checked to make sure. They did two seasons of I'm a celeb USA. Hosted by a hear say girl

I was going to say they did do I'm a celeb here in the USA (several countries actually have their own version - including Australia, filmed funnily enough in the same space as the UK version if I'm not mistaken).

The problem with Ant and Dec's shows here is that the format doesn't translate well. SNT works well as the show is able to more or less interact with the whole of the UK, something that is much, much harder to achieve here in the US (where the geographical distance is much bigger and time zones differ).

Also, lets be honest, their show Wanna Bet was pretty awful. Not that having money go to charity is ever a bad thing, but there was very little incentive for the American public to be involved in participating or watching the show; even though it was in the vein of game/variety shows, there was nothing for the audience/non-celebrity participants to win.

If they want to make an impression here, I honestly think they should take over hosting America's Got Talent (they clearly do well hosting in the UK). Then once the US public gets to know them, they will at least have a larger fanbase here!

As a side note. Has any one seen their movie Alien Autopsy? Cheesy, but got to love it! :D

While it may not be a promotion for the Ant & Dec TV show, Disney is always looking for opportunities to promote itself.
To an outside observer it may appear to be lot of effort, but for Disney it's just another special event.
The importance of international guests should not be understated.
Well the first page of this thread shows an awful lot of amendments to the normal MK event schedule in order to accommodate this "special event". Do they do this sort of adjustment for U.S. tv broadcasters with just 7 million viewers? I suspect not. Which suggests either ITV (the UK broadcaster) are paying Disney a lot of money, or Disney marketing has bought into this big style. Perhaps re-enforcing my original speculation that UK bookings for 2017/18 are substantially down...

This is the first time I've seen the Town Square transformed to this degree for a non-Disney event.
Could it be a Disney event? WDW flew 4 VIP characters over with Management and a technician for the WDW trip reveal when there's already a Disney unit based in the U.K.

The U.K. Unit is also in Paris right now.

It could very well be, but I meant like the annual Christmas show or a ABC production, etc. For all we know, maybe Disney owns whoever is putting this on. Their tentacles run deep.
Disney don't own ITV, the TV network Saturday Night Takeaway is on. They did though used to own 25% of ITV's breakfast show though before ITV bought it back in 2009!

Was quite the bummer/eyesore to walk in to Town Square.

If it were my once in a lifetime to enter MK :sad2:

A283770F-1B24-4D79-ABB9-08D76781EBB8.jpg

925BF646-F4EB-4ED5-A7CC-F16B12B6B077.jpg

8F94E60C-E986-424E-B4AD-CD6152F8933C.jpg

F4409DED-6A2A-426C-840E-F38D954F7585.jpg

C07E0880-2766-43AE-9619-0C5506D2367F.jpg

I would agree I wouldn't be too happy- but since it's Ant and Dec I would be thrilled to see them! The View owned by Disney didn't even get that spot. IMG_7822.PNG [GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

A few quotes from Ant and Dec interviews on UK sites...

Ant adds: “This is much harder than a normal show. We have to build a brand new set and wardrobe. It’s the most ambitious thing we have ever done in live TV. The ‘End of the Show show’ is huge. We have horses, stilt walkers – everything.”

The duo said: ‘The big problem is apparently the heat and the humidity because we are on at 3pm in the afternoon Florida time. All the people behind the scenes are incredibly stressed about it.’

But Ant says he feels confident the show will go off without a hitch, saying: ‘It’s a huge undertaking but that’s what we aim to do with this show every year – push the boundaries of what can be done. ‘It’s going to be 27 degrees, humid and the whole show will be outside in the daytime, so it will certainly feel very different!’

Dec said: "We still want it to feel like an episode of Takeaway, so absolutely there will be surprises in store, but of course we also want to celebrate the fact that we are at Walt DisneyWorld." His co-host Ant added: "We have a few special items up our sleeves and an End Of The Show Show that everyone will be able to singalong to.

Was quite the bummer/eyesore to walk in to Town Square.

If it were my once in a lifetime to enter MK :sad2:

A283770F-1B24-4D79-ABB9-08D76781EBB8.jpg

925BF646-F4EB-4ED5-A7CC-F16B12B6B077.jpg

8F94E60C-E986-424E-B4AD-CD6152F8933C.jpg

F4409DED-6A2A-426C-840E-F38D954F7585.jpg

C07E0880-2766-43AE-9619-0C5506D2367F.jpg
Yes, it does take up a lot of room and isn't the prettiest looking setup. But considering most peoples once-in-a-lifetime trips will typically be more than a week, they'll see Magic Kingdom back to its full glory next week.

ITV clearly paid enough money (or Disney cared about the advertising enough...) to warrant all this work. Its going to be an epic show tomorrow!

Yes, it does take up a lot of room and isn't the prettiest looking setup. But considering most peoples once-in-a-lifetime trips will typically be more than a week, they'll see Magic Kingdom back to its full glory next week.

ITV clearly paid enough money (or Disney cared about the advertising enough...) to warrant all this work. Its going to be an epic show tomorrow!

But not everyone has long trips. This has started before our trip which was Monday on, so if they were only there this week, loss.

I didn't detect any widespread outward signs of unhappiness from guests due to the setup. Many, many guests stopped and asked what was going on, and after being told, accepted it and moved on. If a significant number were bummed out or thought it was an eyesore, they didn't express it at the time.

Are there any Brits left in the UK because it seemed like they were all at MK today.

It was run through, aka rehearsal day for tomorrow's live broadcast. Ant & Dec were there, of course, and so were hundreds, possibly thousands, of fans. But there will be a lot of disappointed fans tomorrow because they will not be able to watch the show live from Town Square even if they're at MK. They'll have to watch the show from a remote location in Tomorrowland.

Today was a challenging but pretty good day for crowd control CMs. I think tomorrow will be an even more challenging day. I'm just glad that the vast majority of those wanting to get a glimpse of Ant & Dec rehearsing on stage were from the UK because even though they were a little aggressive, they were polite and understanding. I saw no rudeness or improper remarks towards CMs, which was very much appreciated. All and all, not a bad day.

I didn't detect any widespread outward signs of unhappiness from guests due to the setup. Many, many guests stopped and asked what was going on, and after being told, accepted it and moved on. If a significant number were bummed out or thought it was an eyesore, they didn't express it at the time.

Are there any Brits left in the UK because it seemed like they were all at MK today.

It was run through, aka rehearsal day for tomorrow's live broadcast. Ant & Dec were there, of course, and so were hundreds, possibly thousands, of fans. But there will be a lot of disappointed fans tomorrow because they will not be able to watch the show live from Town Square even if they're at MK. They'll have to watch the show from a remote location in Tomorrowland.

Today was a challenging but pretty good day for crowd control CMs. I think tomorrow will be an even more challenging day. I'm just glad that the vast majority of those wanting to get a glimpse of Ant & Dec rehearsing on stage were from the UK because even though they were a little aggressive, they were polite and understanding. I saw no rudeness or improper remarks towards CMs, which was very much appreciated. All and all, not a bad day.

Well I don't think you will find folks lining up at GR to complain that Town Square is an eyesore and their magic was ruined when they walked in. We surely didn't, but we def felt disappointed .... and we are able to travel often. I'm sure there were plenty who were not happy to walk in to that but aren't going to say anything to anyone as there was no point.

Well I don't think you will find folks lining up at GR to complain that Town Square is an eyesore and their magic was ruined when they walked in.
In your opinion, will it have a lasting negative effect on today's visit?

No Brits left here, they are missing out on wonderful sunshine here too! :P

I bet it was challenging! I expect you'll have a lot of people who want to watch from Town Square and can't, so good luck! Good to hear the Brits are being nice to CM's!

Enjoy the show!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter