Another Change of Plans (This time it's a good thing!!!)

WI_DisneyFan

DIS Veteran
A few months ago, I started a thread where I described how I had to postpone my 2007 Disney World trip until 2008 because of various home improvement projects that DW and I were planning for next year. I was depressed, but the support of fellow DISers really helped me out of my doldrums pretty quickly. Even though I really wanted to go in 2007, I was resigned to the fact that I could start to get excited about planning for WDW around this time next year. So, fast forward a couple months. DW and I have had different people in for estimates of the projects we had planned on, and we realized something. We REALLY over estimated the costs of these projects. So we sat down this past weekend and went over all of our finances again. And we found that if we keep saving like we are, then we'll have a decent amount of money left over from the improvements. So we started thinking "what can we do with this money?" (I think you can all see where this is going.) We were both brain storming for different things that we can do around the house. And then DW speaks up and says "well, we could ‘un-postpone’ our Disney trip". (I knew there was a reason I married this woman!) I did a double take. Did she just say that we might be going to Disney World NEXT YEAR!?! :bounce: :woohoo: :yay: I asked her if she was sure. And she assured me that she really wanted to go next year; that she didn't really want to wait until 2008 but felt it was the best thing for our finances. But now that we probably won't be as strapped as we thought, postponing won't really do much for us.

So now we are back in the planning stage again. But instead of December, she thought about going towards the end of September. She wanted to go when it was a little warmer so we could enjoy the pool more and not have to pack both warm and cold weather clothes. So now, not only do I not have to wait until December '08, I don't even have to wait until December '07! I am only 13 1/2 months away from Disney World! Yippee!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Congratulations on your un-postponed trip!! :banana: :banana: And heres some pixiedust: so your home improvements go as planned!! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts