Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too many spam e-mails are out there and too many e-mail software "kindly" throws e-mails you WANT to get into SPAM .. even after you tell it (several times) not to.

Looks like calling disney and having them check my settings on their end worked- got the same email today. So much for it taking 30 days to take effect- it’s been less than a week. My daughter who has a voucher got it as well, but she’s been getting them.

I got it and I'm Canadian so our laws prevent them from sending us special offers but not publicity stuff??? It's supposed to be the other way around. >:(

I did not get that email, and neither did my mother😂 Oh well!

It cannot be email specific. The amount of people who do not receive Disney emails is too significant for Disney to rectify a situation in which the emails were for specific people.

Let’s say it is email-specific. The amount of people in the US who don’t receive emails, plus all of the Canadian APs and European APs who physically cannot receive emails due to laws, would be utterly frustrated and angry if they couldn’t sign up simply because of Disney’s inadequate IT team. That would be a PR nightmare for Disney. Disney would have a hard time trying to explain and fix the situation. Not sure if Disney even could fix that kind of situation, or if they would even want to, but lots of angry guests is not the best thing. That’s just my opinion, but having an email-specific link would be a disaster.
this is why they've never done email specific links and won't start now.

So I emailed VIPassholder from the WDW site to inquire about the use of a voucher as getting access to the AP previews.

Edited to remove the CM response.

Basically, the CM told me that I cannot book the preview with just a voucher because the system will not allow it.

Last edited:
You are correct that you are able to potentially book resort offers and special event tickets, however you are required to show proof of your active Annual Pass by providing your Annual Pass card and photo ID at check-in and Will Call to retain these discounts. The FastPass+ planning acts similarly in the sense that the system assumes you will have activated your Annual Pass at the time you plan to use your selections.

The same would apply for Preview Events as it would for pre-booked hotels, hard-ticket events, etc - you would still need to show your active Annual Pass card and photo ID at the entrance to confirm eligibility, so that answer is completely contradictory. Nothing new there for Disney of course. :(

Andre

The same would apply for Preview Events as it would for pre-booked hotels, hard-ticket events, etc - you would still need to show your active Annual Pass card and photo ID at the entrance to confirm eligibility, so that answer is completely contradictory. Nothing new there for Disney of course. :(

Andre
Exactly. I did email her back and point out that her response was contradictory and asked for further explanation of the difference. I stated exactly as you did with having to use the AP card and photo ID for checking in for the preview just like I'd need to show for the other things. I asked for clarification of how the system can recognize the voucher for those things but not the preview. I know that the answer will be just as contradictory or won't really answer anything. I just figured I'd ask.

What did the email say ...
Dates and times plus a link to sign up when and how ?????
The email was just an informative email indicating the fact that SWGE would be opening on Aug 29 and that Rise of the Resistance would be opening Dec 5. Nothing related to Passholder Previews at all.

I got it and I'm Canadian so our laws prevent them from sending us special offers but not publicity stuff??? It's supposed to be the other way around. >:(

I’m Canadian and I’ve been a pass holder for years. I’ve never received any type of passholder email. I wouldn’t even realize passholders get emails at all if it weren’t for these boards. Any time I enquire about passholder emails either over the phone or at guest services, I’m always told I should be getting them, even as a Canadian. But I don’t. And so far, I haven’t heard of any Canadian who does.

It’s funny though, because they always insist I should be getting them, no matter what country I’m from, so they go into my account and say, there, I fixed it for you! :rotfl:I’m hoping one day, a cm will finally hit the right magical button. :rolleyes:

The email was just an informative email indicating the fact that SWGE would be opening on Aug 29 and that Rise of the Resistance would be opening Dec 5. Nothing related to Passholder Previews at all.

I'm going to add that at the top of the email it said "This message is from a mailing list". The unknown is *which* mailing list and just how many mailing lists does Disney have?! :rotfl:

@Ferrentinos They are wrong about what you put in bold. That may be their intention but it is not how "the system" works. This is why their same response regarding the preview sign up is in doubt.

And in addition, the mods have requested everyone stop posting any responses from CM so odds are high this post will not stay in the thread
A couple of requests for those participating in the thread.

The DIS is an open forum and discussion of all topics is welcome. Per DIS guidelines, we do not believe in censorship.

However, given the context of this situation and the goal of this thread, the moderators may remove certain posts (and quoted posts) deemed off topic or unhelpful.

Some things to keep in mind:

1) Let’s try to avoid posting information from phone, chat, or e-mails with CMs from various Disney departments. While we appreciate people wanting to share what they have been told, it can lead to confusion or mis-information. We then debate who is right/wrong and it just goes around in circles. Unless your source is a WDW bus driver, don’t post it. (That last part is a joke, BTW). We should share information from official Disney sources - press releases, the Disney Parks Blog, the AP website, or similar. We will all find out soon enough how this thing is going to work anyway. And we should all be prepared to be flexible and decisive with whatever sign-up system ultimately presents itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter