Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
What frustrates me now is since they released the CM dates they know very well when the AP dates are. Just release them already it's not fair to us that are out of state and have to book a flight and a room

It might come down to wanting real vacation bookings in their hotel instead of AP holders who will go possibly only for Star Wars. If they wait until lets say July 29th or August 5th and the times start on the 16th you still have 2 or 3 weeks before travel which "should be enough" likely in Disney's mind.

I completely agree though that it would be great for everyone trying to do this if they announced at least how they will do the process such as a 48 warning before it goes live or something.

The CM options are interesting, and I wonder if those options will be utilized for the AP preview. I’d like to look around Oga’s, but it’s not imperative for me, as I’d be there with my 7-year-old daughter. It would be like hanging out at Trader Sam’s for an extended time. She just won’t be all that interested. I couldn’t care less about the lightsaber build. I just really would like to explore the land and fly on the millennium falcon.

We'll be at WDW Aug 9th-28th, so any dates should be fine for us... but ONLY if it turns out that we can register with AP vouchers rather than active APs, as obviously we won't be able to activate our passes until 9th August.

Andre
We're in a similar situation - we have our vouchers and arrive on the 16th and won't activate them until then. I'm starting to lose hope that we will get the email to register for the previews based on reports I read for the Pandora AP previews.

We're in a similar situation - we have our vouchers and arrive on the 16th and won't activate them until then. I'm starting to lose hope that we will get the email to register for the previews based on reports I read for the Pandora AP previews.

I think it's a forgone conclusion now that AP Voucher holders will not get an email. However we've yet to see whether that new wording on the AP page merely means that not-yet-active passholders should not expect to get an invite email, or that the online registration link will actively block you from registering unless your AP is already active.

Shame on you Disney if you do enforce that though, I've paid the same money as everyone else, and I physically can't activate it until I get there, and you've always allowed me to do everything else with just the voucher - such as book AP-rate hotel rooms, buy discounted tickets for hard-ticket events, etc.

Andre

I think it's a forgone conclusion now that AP Voucher holders will not get an email. However we've yet to see whether that new wording on the AP page merely means that not-yet-active passholders should not expect to get an invite email, or that the online registration link will actively block you from registering unless your AP is already active.

Shame on you Disney if you do enforce that though, I've paid the same money as everyone else, and I physically can't activate it until I get there, and you've always allowed me to do everything else with just the voucher - such as book AP-rate hotel rooms, buy discounted tickets for hard-ticket events, etc.

Andre

They are a nightmare. I don’t get emails full stop cause in UK and apart from controlling numbers I don’t see why if it’s not activated you can’t register cause they have your money. I’m just lucky we are only back so our renewed AP’s have been activated.

Andre
It is so frustrating - like you said, I can book anything else with my AP voucher and I paid just as much for my pass - it is frustrating that it just won't show up on MDE if you're a pass holder - especially if you already have a hotel stay booked and ADR's and FP booked during the window of the AP previews - any thoughts that if we don't get an email, if we can call to try to book it through Disney instead? I'm sure by the time we would get through waiting on hold, all the times would be filled.

It is so frustrating - like you said, I can book anything else with my AP voucher and I paid just as much for my pass - it is frustrating that it just won't show up on MDE if you're a pass holder - especially if you already have a hotel stay booked and ADR's and FP booked during the window of the AP previews - any thoughts that if we don't get an email, if we can call to try to book it through Disney instead? I'm sure by the time we would get through waiting on hold, all the times would be filled.

If you don't get the email, and they are allowing vouchers to book, you'd just use the link that will undoubtedly be posted here. From all reports, you'll see it here first anyway. Count me as not believing they're going to block vouchers. I don't think they currently have the capability of discerning that.

I about freaked out just now. I did get an email from DISNEY destinations regarding SWGE. It was just informational explaining all about the land and all the shops, food places, and announcing the date of opening as well as the expected date for RotR. I suppose this means I'm kind of in the email loop?

I about freaked out just now. I did get an email from DISNEY destinations regarding SWGE. It was just informational explaining all about the land and all the shops, food places, and announcing the date of opening as well as the expected date for RotR. I suppose this means I'm kind of in the email loop?
I just got it too! Got excited for nothing.

I did too!! But, maybe that is a good sign that at least I got the email :)

I got it too and am a non activated AP. I hope this means I will get the preview email as well!

I did not get that email, and neither did my mother😂 Oh well!

It cannot be email specific. The amount of people who do not receive Disney emails is too significant for Disney to rectify a situation in which the emails were for specific people.

Let’s say it is email-specific. The amount of people in the US who don’t receive emails, plus all of the Canadian APs and European APs who physically cannot receive emails due to laws, would be utterly frustrated and angry if they couldn’t sign up simply because of Disney’s inadequate IT team. That would be a PR nightmare for Disney. Disney would have a hard time trying to explain and fix the situation. Not sure if Disney even could fix that kind of situation, or if they would even want to, but lots of angry guests is not the best thing. That’s just my opinion, but having an email-specific link would be a disaster.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter