Annual Pass Rumors??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momager

Mouseketeer
Hey! have any rumors come out about when they will bring back the Annual Passes? We're going in August of this year, and June of next year, and I'd really like to get a pass for both trips.

Also, if they do come back before our August trip, can I upgrade to annual passes while there??

TIA!!!!

I haven't heard when the Incredi-Pass will be available.
Yes, if they do come back before your August trip, you can upgrade to annual passes while there

Only the Florida resident pass is available right now at Disney world. Other annual passes are still paused with no word yet on when they will resume.

Waiting on the DL lawsuit?
I was just about to post this. I think Disney is waiting to see the outcome of the lawsuit with Disneyland's Magic Keys before they allow sales for the annual passes. The fact that they were even pulled was most likely due to the lawsuit in the first place. I also think if or when they return, they will most likely be a revamped version of the pass that was sold before.

I was just about to post this. I think Disney is waiting to see the outcome of the lawsuit with Disneyland's Magic Keys before they allow sales for the annual passes. The fact that they were even pulled was most likely due to the lawsuit in the first place. I also think if or when they return, they will most likely be a revamped version of the pass that was sold before.
Agreed. My hope is that they realize as they did with Genie+ that they should only sell a limited number.

Whats the lawsuit about??
This is basically what the lawsuit is about. Santa Clara County resident Jenale Nielsen is suing Disneyland Resort for $5 million for breach of contract, negligent misrepresentation, concealment, false advertisement, and unfair competition. Nielsen purchased the Dream Key, an annual pass that advertised access to the park every day of the year. However, due to the park’s reservation system, which limited the number of Magic Key holders who could enter the park each day, she was still unable to get into the parks. She eventually purchased a single-day ticket in order to get into the resort on the day she requested, despite having her pass.

Whats the lawsuit about??
To give a brief summary Disney is being sued because of the Disneyland Magic Keys (their version of an annual pass) being advertised as having no blockout dates, however an argument is being made that the park reservation system (i.e. limiting how many people with keys can enter the park) is inherently a blockout. The lawsuit is claiming that is a violation of the contract when buying a Magic Key and false advertising.

To give a brief summary Disney is being sued because of the Disneyland Magic Keys (their version of an annual pass) being advertised as having no blockout dates, however an argument is being made that the park reservation system (i.e. limiting how many people with keys can enter the park) is inherently a blockout. The lawsuit is claiming that is a violation of the contract when buying a Magic Key and false advertising.
To me what it sounds like is pass holders are upset cause they can't pop in every night like they used to. Disney could have fixed this by limiting sales in the first place

To me what it sounds like is pass holders are upset cause they can't pop in every night like they used to. Disney could have fixed this by limiting sales in the first place
I think a part of it too is that while people with Dream Keys (I think the most expensive one) are being blocked out, people that buy day tickets and/or are staying at the on property hotels still have ability. To the lawsuit that is classified as a blockout on the annual pass.

I think a part of it too is that while people with Dream Keys (I think the most expensive one) are being blocked out, people that buy day tickets and/or are staying at the on property hotels still have ability. To the lawsuit that is classified as a blockout on the annual pass.
In fairness to Disney it's how it works at WDW. There is different buckets for Pass holders, day guests and people who stay on property.

IMO due to this lawsuit I see major changes to the AP program altogether.

That's exactly what it is. The passholders were told that there were no blackout dates with that specific pass.

So, wanting to pop in every night she purchased that specific pass. And she can't pop in every night.

No reservations available is not the same thing as no blackout dates.

I guess the argument would be: you sell 200 passes that allow access every day of the year, you should have 200 spots available for them every day. If you sell 200 every day of the year passes, but only have 100 spots for them, you have blocked 100 people from accessing what you sold them.

I guess the argument would be: you sell 200 passes that allow access every day of the year, you should have 200 spots available for them every day. If you sell 200 every day of the year passes, but only have 100 spots for them, you have blocked 100 people from accessing what you sold them.
My answer is they knew that when they bought them. I still maintain they are but hurt cause they can't go 365 days a year.

I think the California residents overestimated their value and Disneyland does not want it to be a local park to be use the way it used to be. This lawsuit he’s gonna bite the pass holders in the butt and Disneyland will severely limit this kind of accessibility to the parks in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter