Annual Pass Rumors??

Status
Not open for further replies.
My answer is they knew that when they bought them. I still maintain they are but hurt cause they can't go 365 days a year.
Maybe. Maybe not. What about all those who held passes before the reservation system began? How did we know?

Maybe. Maybe not. What about all those who held passes before the reservation system began? How did we know?
When the reservation system began they were already into the new pass program. It's why they cancelled the passes to begin with.

I have never understood how the DL pass issues have anything to do with the WDW pass issues. Their passes and our passes do not operate the same. They don’t have the same problems, never have. DL has been known to move around blackout dates, add them were there were none, etc, way before reservations came. AP’s always got screwed out there. WDW never really did all that

Huh? My pass never got cancelled.
I was referring to the DL passes. They cancelled their passes.
I have never understood how the DL pass issues have anything to do with the WDW pass issues. Their passes and our passes do not operate the same. They don’t have the same problems, never have. DL has been known to move around blackout dates, add them were there were none, etc, way before reservations came. AP’s always got screwed out there. WDW never really did all that
I don't think the DL pass issues have anything to do with WDW pass issues. I think they are looking at changing it, same goes for Genie+.

I think those who are stating that it is really about maximizing profits are correct. If an AP pass-holder theoretically were to use that pass every day that is a huge amount less gate profit vs someone using a ticket. That person is also less likely to spend as much per year on Hotel or merchandise. So it looks to me that it is the close in state pass-holders that this is really all about.

Also, on a semi related front, does anyone know why Disney only sells the lower tier passes to in state guests? I have always been curious about this. My guess would be it is also profit related aas they don’t want out of state people to be able to buy the lower pass level and then craft their vacation around it but I was just curious if there was more to it then that.

My answer is they knew that when they bought them. I still maintain they are but hurt cause they can't go 365 days a year.
Your argument falls apart in lights of the fact they sell day tickets with passes. Consider any analogy. If dominoes sold a “pizza every day” option for 1500 dollars. You may. It actually be planning to get a pizza everyday. However when you show up and ask for you pizza and they say “sorry, all the pizzas are sold out. You can buy one at regular price” well, then you, sir, have been had.

In other news

I would say they are waiting for the outcome if they had made changes to the reservation system too. However, it seems way more likely to me that they paused sales because they have so many people with back planned trips, travel credits (both with Disney and from airlines) and DVC points piled up that they realized they can make more money forcing those people to buy tickets, given the pre-commitments . AP will come back once all that backlog of credits etc are spent.

No reservations available is not the same thing as no blackout dates.
Exactly. And that's what the law suit is about. I agree with you, they are butt hurt. They paid for access they did not get.

The wording now is clear that there are no "blackout" days but every day access is not guaranteed. It wasn't clear when hundreds of people purchased their passes.

My sympathy is with those who are butt hurt that they cannot get what they paid for. Yours seems to be with Disney. Thus the lawsuit.

It's because WDW did the same thing. I had a Gold pass for 2020/2021. Bought BEFORE the reservation system went into place. Was only allowed to book 3 reservations ahead of time (I'm out of state and was down for 10 days or so). After I used my first day I could then book another day. When I used the next reservation I was UNABLE to book another yet others could still book. My family was LOCKED OUT of going even though there was still availability in the park and was not a block out day.

Disney needs to ditch the stupid reservation system in it's entirety. There is NO NEED for reservations for 340 days of the year!

Frankly I wonder if it was a communication error gone haywire. It would make sense to create different buckets for logistical concerns. The goal being to estimate how many AP are likely to show up, then creating a bucket for regular tickets to ensure you have enough AP set aside. If the regular tickets sell out, then that would be it, at least until maybe morning of if AP demand is underutilized. In that case if demands exceeded expectations everything including AP might sell out, but they would have been operating reasonably and fairly. It obviously would be about planning and logistics, not denying access to AP.

Yet somehow somebody took this idea the wrong way, and thought “hey, we could make more money if we just shrink the AP bucket.”

personally, I wonder somebody in charge didn’t understand what was happening, and nobody around him or her had the nerve to point out that this is stupid, immoral, and might be illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter