And all at once, everything was different. Literally. *WDW NYE 2019 TR* Updated 4/11x2*COMPLETE*

I have RENT "Live" DVRed but haven't had the opportunity to watch it yet. I saw it on Broadway right before it closed and it was my final performance in college (it was actually the very first musical my college was ever allowed to do, the beginning of what is now a hugely successful Theatre department. It feels real weird that I was a part of that lol). I'm curious about it but sometimes you just can't beat a real, live performance.

This is probably why I'm so bad when it comes to watching sports on television vs real life too lol!

I am in love with this photo

Has anyone ever actually had GOOD eggs at a Disney breakfast, or are we all just in agreement that they're kind of wet and blah??

We can definitely agree to that. Canned eggs, that's what they are.

The "potato barrels" (Quit trying to make Fetch happen, Disney. They're tater tots.)

I legitimately roll my eyes EVERY TIME I have to call them potato barrels.

That's awesome that you were able to snag a last minute breakfast like that! I feel like I read so many people stressing trying to get a super early PPO breakfast and you snagged one on the way over :rotfl:

My DH is definitely in agreement with you about Disney eggs. Hes not a fan of their breakfast whereas I have brainwashed myself into thinking its good! haha I definitely need to try Garden Grill now!

Hi hi! I'm back from my extended absence from the Dis and checking in here! Looks like I've got a lot of catching up to do, and I"m looking forward to it!

I’m all caught up, so glad the VIP tour and guide ended up being awesome!!

Great luck getting the ppo garden Grill breakfast, it looks like a fun experience. We have loved it the 2x we have done it. The cinnamon roll is very yummy.

We peeked in on the meet with Wreck it Ralph but the line was really long so we skipped it. I do love to meet characters I haven’t yet so bummed no one wanted to wait. Love the picture you got from the meet.

Garden Grill is one of our favorites. Our first visit didn't go so well either (at least for me) but our second time was great.

Meeting Ralph and Vanellope were musts for us too. We actually got to meet them twice! The boys loved it!

Oh and since I just lurked on your update with the VIP tours.... still jealous! It sounded awesome. I especially love the HEA experience. I'm to the point where I just want to see it in the park so I can see the castle projections.

Ok, so maybe it just takes two times to really enjoy it then!! I'm sorry you had a bad first visit too, but glad the second one was better. Our first one was so amazing character wise, but not so much food wise. It was so nice for both parts to come together during this trip, because it really is a lot of fun with those characters!

Ending the VIP day with HEA was perfect! I had so many failed attempts at seeing it up close before this, that watching close enough to see the projections clearly was my must do for this trip. I had the party booked before we found out about the guide, so one way or another I was going to see those darn projections closer than the end of main street!!

I got to start off discussing RENT "live" because I have a lot of thoughts. I'm also a huge fan (and of theater/musical theater in general... I did graduate with a minor in theater lol). I saw the off-Broadway revival as well as an amateur production than I've also seen the Filmed Live on Broadway movie and the actual movie. All were VERY differently done so I think I have a different view on how it should be done. I think Jordan Fisher is the best Mark yet. His rendition of Halloween hit me harder than any rendition I've seen before even Anthony Rapp's rendition. Vanessa also was fantastic as Maureen, which shocked me since I watched vids of her as Mimi at the Hollywood Bowl and did not like it but Maureen she went all in, not better than Idina (who I don't really like as a musical theater actress so this a lot for me to say). Her and Jordan held the show together. I think Brandon Victor Dixon was great (I recommend watching the concert the cast performed while the pre-recorded dress rehearsal was shown), but Jessie L. Martin... you just can't beat that voice. I LOVE Valentina, the drag queen who played Angel, so I'm a bit biased but she is new, she's not a trained theatrical actor or singer like the rest and I felt so bad she choked during "Today 4 U", that's a difficult song but overall I felt she turned it out and I'll Cover You and Contact were really well done. Tinashe was good, I personally think everyone's being harsh about her. Her voice wasn't great. Brennin Hunt was bland af as Roger and the biggest disappointment for me. Mario was forgettable as Benny. Joanne was good, nothing incredible. I hated how censored they made it and what they censored (like it just didn't make sense some times) and all the added script, it was so distracting and didn't add anything. "Contact" was staged beautifully and that final image was unreal. I thought "La Vie Boheme" was very nuanced choreo-wise and had cute nods to the original choreo so I liked that (changes to lyrics tho... ew). Act 2 overall was stronger than Act 1. And the finale had me in tears, that was the big highlight. Overall, I enjoyed it but I am bitter they didn't have an understudy. It was so unprofessional imo Still, as a Rent-head, I'm just glad the world knows more of such an incredible show.

Ok, that got long, oops. Please don't feel like you have to respond to all of that lmao (the theater buff/student just went WILD)

Anyways, the update!

Love all your Spaceship Earth photos. The emptiness and the calm of the morning are just so evident, it looks so beautiful. And gotta love those character topiaries.

So glad despite having to change all your plans, you had a great morning! I love Garden Grill, but haven't been in nearly ten years back when it was only dinner. Loved the food, loved the characters (Pluto is ALWAYS the best), but this definitely has me wanting to try breakfast there. And your character selfies are so sweet, especially the one where Dale gave you a hug. Best chipmunk for sure.

I'm sorry you didn't get to see Vanellope with Ralph. I met them back when they were at Studios when the Animation building existed and the first movie had recently come out (feels so long ago WOW) and she was the highlight (didn't even realize Ralph was there tbh). You gotta go back to see her. Glad you still had fun with Ralph. Having the whole family and the other CMs there, it's more fun when everyone is involved.

Honestly, no haha I love the heat! I spent a whole day at Disneyland in up to 116 degrees and it was one of my favorite days, nobody was at the park so I was living for all of it, could care less it felt like an oven outside and if I wasn't comfy (you're gonna be uncomfortable one way or another with FL or CA heat in the summer). I mostly judge on what I think I'd enjoy the most. Like I'd love to work Haunted Mansion just because of the character you have to take on, same with Character Performer or Attendant. Also a good amount roles have multiple costumes, like attractions and food & beverage roles, so I feel like judging the costume is way too much foresight in judging a role since it's just one factor and you're not guaranteed it. It's all up to what I think fits me personally and what would be enjoyable for me. If I was having fun, I could care less how I looked or how hot I was in the costume.

Fellow theater kid here! Theater and Film were my majors until I switched to Public Relations, and I still work with theater students!! Theory and script analysis were my favorite classes b/c I mean, I got graded for judging things?? Come on, that's the best! :rotfl: I love that you actually enjoy Rent, first of all, because a lot of the students i teach think it's very dated and don't "get it". Granted they're all younger than you, like 15 - 18ish. The show debuted when I was a freshman in high school and "purists" thought that my age group was too young to appreciate it, and I was always so offended, lol. My script analysis professor was this very self-important dude who went to college in NYC and worked as an extra and did bit parts on soap operas, and occasionally off-off Broadway shows. He was so condescending about anyone who liked that show, b/c they didn't "live it like he did" (puh-leez, he had no actual experience with any of it outside of living in new york!!) and couldn't possibly understand. Like he had some kind of market on who could and couldn't like things (I mean, not that I'd ever do that about anything :rolleyes1 )

I'm actually glad to know that Valentina wasn't a trained singer, b/c that was very rough. It's sad her first show like this had such a shaky performance. I don't know her as a drag queen, but I can imagine she's great. I love Ongina from season one of drag race, and Alyssa Edwards, but i'm not current on queens!

I never get tired of taking SE pictures!! especially when it's empty and people aren't ruining my pictures by having their own fun, LOL!! Sunlight hitting it just right makes it even more beautiful, and there's something extra magical seeing it from the monorail, too.
Our character interaction at GG was awesome, and the one consistent thing from our previous meal there. Thank goodness the food matched up with it this time, too.

Shh!! Don't talk about the Animation Building :sad::sad:

I was very disappointed that Vanellope wasn't there. That just means I'll have to try again in June (hopefully they'll still be hanging around then)

There was a heat wave of days over 100 during our DLR trip, but sadly the park was not empty then. It was wall to wall our entire time there, but we also had some cool days in the beginning (during June Gloom) to balance it out. I would totally base my role preference around how hot/cold I'd be, at least at the Florida parks :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

We didn't even ride it our first like 5 trips or so I think? (Well Josh rode it back when it was Soarin' Over California but I didn't). I liked it a lot once we did ride it!

I love this too! My lock screen is that super pretty sunset I saw at Disney in May :rotfl:

I may have googled videos of Haunted Mansion with the lights on the other day...:laughing: I really want to see under the ball room.

:rotfl:

He did better than I did when I tried to monorail back to the room by myself after that MVMCP where Josh got a headache :rotfl:

I love that you have the same taste in cupcakes :laughing:

I can't watch those "live" Broadway shows they keep doing every year, I always find them really disappointing.

I really want to go back there! I haven't been since 2015.

I can't remember did you ever get to Shula's?

I love her, I follow her on Instagram, and for the month of October she posted Halloween stuff 24/7 :rotfl:

I didn't even know they were meeting there!

That looks yummy. We've never made it to the Garden Grill, and I want to go someday!

I once thought I had good eggs at Tusker House, but I was pretty sick that day so I think I was hallucinating. Other than that nope, never!

It's so true, stop trying to fancy them up! (That said I do love a good tater tot myself too).

Bacon twins! :rotfl: I also love crispy bacon, and Disney's rarely is.

I hate to miss Soarin' now, and I feel so bad that I ever trashed it as hard as I did originally :rotfl:

Ooh, I didn't think of youtube for HM videos!

The photopass pictures were cracking me up!

I think he ended up taking a few detours "accidentally", but mostly managed to be fine on his own.

It was pretty much the only choice for cupcake, but it was at least a good one!!

I have never made it all the way through one of the "live" broadway shows...still haven't finished Rent and not sure if I will. I get annoyed b/c the sound mixing is never right, and it's hard when a show you love is being presented terribly.

We never made it to Shula's :sad::sad: Even though I swore we wouldn't cancel it :sad2:

Yay for bacon twins!! We're going to have so much fun eating our way through the parks :rotfl::rotfl:

Last minute restaurant decisions are the best. I feel like breakfasts tend to have the most spontaneous availability. Probably families cancelling when they realize they want to sleep in the next morning. How fast your meal went and that cinnamon roll have me really debating if I should switch my Garden Grill dinner in June to a breakfast. In and out with enough time to enjoy Epcot before park opening sounds like it was really nice.

What a bummer about Vanellope! Hope you get another chance to meet her.

Both of our GG breakfasts have been really quick, less than an hour. That's the best prat for me, no wasting park time and a head start to whatever we want to do first that day!

I hope Vanellope is still meeting in June, she's a must for me!!

Ok, if you are old there is no hope for the rest of us........

I love that breakfast!

I hope they are doing M&G's in July as it would be a must do for us too!

Puto meets are always amazing!

So cute!

Now you have me thinking of adding it in this summer! I really enjoyed it when I ate there on my first solo trip. :)

Well, I only feel old I guess. Like, about 107 years old :rotfl::rotfl:

I really hope they stick around!! I hate when they tease us with fun character meets and then take them away. I'm still bitter about missing out on Moana

Aw, I bet it was a really great character meet solo, and just an easy meal in general while solo. Hmm...I'm going to be considering this now, too!! I'll have some solo days in September so that's something to file away for that trip

I have RENT "Live" DVRed but haven't had the opportunity to watch it yet. I saw it on Broadway right before it closed and it was my final performance in college (it was actually the very first musical my college was ever allowed to do, the beginning of what is now a hugely successful Theatre department. It feels real weird that I was a part of that lol). I'm curious about it but sometimes you just can't beat a real, live performance.

This is probably why I'm so bad when it comes to watching sports on television vs real life too lol!

I am in love with this photo

We can definitely agree to that. Canned eggs, that's what they are.

I legitimately roll my eyes EVERY TIME I have to call them potato barrels.

I still haven't finished it!! When they went on tour in 2009 with Adam Pascal and Anthony Rapp I saw it at the Fox in St. Louis from only a few rows from the stage and it was awesome!! Ah! That's so cool about your college performance!! I feel like this particular show was at a disadvantage b/c they didn't even get to do it live, it was mostly the dress rehearsal and some of the songs were really rough.

Canned eggs :crazy2::crazy2:

Right?? What is even the point of calling them potato barrels anyway?? They call them totchos at Friar's Nook and Andy's Lunchbox so why are we cute-ing them up other places??

That's awesome that you were able to snag a last minute breakfast like that! I feel like I read so many people stressing trying to get a super early PPO breakfast and you snagged one on the way over :rotfl:

My DH is definitely in agreement with you about Disney eggs. Hes not a fan of their breakfast whereas I have brainwashed myself into thinking its good! haha I definitely need to try Garden Grill now!

I felt pretty awesome getting that reservation. Like, here is the real VIP experience, ok? PPO breakfast reservations from the monorail :rotfl::rotfl:

Garden Grill characters are the best, and I was so glad the food was good this time. I think it's a worthwhile breakfast for sure!

Hi hi! I'm back from my extended absence from the Dis and checking in here! Looks like I've got a lot of catching up to do, and I"m looking forward to it!

Hiii!! :wave2::wave2:

Welcome and enjoy!! This was a different kind of trip for us, but so fun!

I’m all caught up, so glad the VIP tour and guide ended up being awesome!!

Great luck getting the ppo garden Grill breakfast, it looks like a fun experience. We have loved it the 2x we have done it. The cinnamon roll is very yummy.

We peeked in on the meet with Wreck it Ralph but the line was really long so we skipped it. I do love to meet characters I haven’t yet so bummed no one wanted to wait. Love the picture you got from the meet.

Yeah, I was nervous for awhile, but the VIP day ended up being great. It could not have ended any better, that's for sure!!

The line kept us from going back to see Vanellope. I'm glad so many people want to meet them though, hopefully it means they'll stick around for awhile!!

I’ve finally caught up from 2014 to now! I’m enjoying your trip reports!

Aw, thank you so much! I'm glad you still want to read along after going through them all, and that I didn't scare you off!!

Fellow theater kid here! Theater and Film were my majors until I switched to Public Relations, and I still work with theater students!! Theory and script analysis were my favorite classes b/c I mean, I got graded for judging things?? Come on, that's the best! :rotfl: I love that you actually enjoy Rent, first of all, because a lot of the students i teach think it's very dated and don't "get it". Granted they're all younger than you, like 15 - 18ish. The show debuted when I was a freshman in high school and "purists" thought that my age group was too young to appreciate it, and I was always so offended, lol. My script analysis professor was this very self-important dude who went to college in NYC and worked as an extra and did bit parts on soap operas, and occasionally off-off Broadway shows. He was so condescending about anyone who liked that show, b/c they didn't "live it like he did" (puh-leez, he had no actual experience with any of it outside of living in new york!!) and couldn't possibly understand. Like he had some kind of market on who could and couldn't like things (I mean, not that I'd ever do that about anything :rolleyes1 )

Lol I was just talking with someone on Twitter today about how I should've been a film major (my school has never offered it). Like I spent the week prior to the Oscars last year watching all the Best Picture nominees because why not? (which is funny considering my longstanding negative opinion of the awards show). But omg that sounds like a cool class. I don't think anything like that was ever offered at my school. And wow, 15 to 18 year olds, really? Not like RENT? My youngest sister is in that age group and she likes RENT. Guess I got her into it early enough. And lol, that sounds like every theater professor I've ever heard of, which is kinda why I always enjoyed theater professors, just big personalities that you had to laugh and joke about.

I'm actually glad to know that Valentina wasn't a trained singer, b/c that was very rough. It's sad her first show like this had such a shaky performance. I don't know her as a drag queen, but I can imagine she's great. I love Ongina from season one of drag race, and Alyssa Edwards, but i'm not current on queens!

Valentina's quite the character. She lives in her own little world, but she's so talented and she actually is a decent singer. She has released a single and I have watched her sing a bit of Today 4 U when not having to do the full drum and dance routine and she sounds good, but she definitely is not as trained as the rest.

ALYSSA IS MY ALL-TIME FAVE!!! I'd cry if I met her. I've met Shangela and Tatianna, I'm sure you know them. Both sweethearts actually.

There was a heat wave of days over 100 during our DLR trip, but sadly the park was not empty then. It was wall to wall our entire time there, but we also had some cool days in the beginning (during June Gloom) to balance it out. I would totally base my role preference around how hot/cold I'd be, at least at the Florida parks :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

To each his own. I feel like I def had friends who questioned my choice in roles exclusively on temperature regulation of one's body.

My youngest sister is in that age group and she likes RENT. Guess I got her into it early enough.

You're teaching her right!! My brother secretly loves Grease b/c I raised him on it, lol. Seeing as how he's more into trucks and hunting, his wife thinks that's hilarious.

My own kids aren't as into shows as I am (besides Hamilton), but they like the music from Rent because they've heard it since birth.

ALYSSA IS MY ALL-TIME FAVE!!! I'd cry if I met her. I've met Shangela and Tatianna, I'm sure you know them. Both sweethearts actually.

She is so perfect!! How is her makeup so amazing??? I hope there is a second season of Dancing Queen on Netflix b/c I'm obsessed. I do know Shangela and Tatianna, that had to be a super fun meet with them!! Drag is art!

I have never made it all the way through one of the "live" broadway shows...still haven't finished Rent and not sure if I will. I get annoyed b/c the sound mixing is never right, and it's hard when a show you love is being presented terribly.

I haven't either! The last one I tried to watch was Grease, but I couldn't bring myself to finish it.

We never made it to Shula's :sad::sad: Even though I swore we wouldn't cancel it :sad2:

Aw, maybe we need to have a fancy steak dinner night :rotfl:

Yay for bacon twins!! We're going to have so much fun eating our way through the parks :rotfl::rotfl:

Yes! :cheer2:

Your time at AK may have been quick but you did the two most popular rides so that's pretty awesome!

I'm sorry X was feeling so crappy :(

I'm glad that C ended up being a great tour guide! Such a sweet story about how still feels the Disney magic!

OH that castle pic you took while heading to Splash is perfect!!

C's face on Pirates is hilarious!! And then on SDMT!

What a great spot to watch HEA.

I'm so happy that your VIP day was a success!

Great pics from the monorail and as you entered Epcot!

Yay for scoring a GG breakfast. All the character pics are so cute!

I'm sorry you didn't get to meet Vanellope, that totally stinks :(

Friday again, woo!!

MMfe2Cg.gif

I don't know about you, but I very much need a weekend right about now!!

Here's a TR update to celebrate our few moments of freedom!!

Chapter Six Part Two

After our lucky breakfast and super fun Ralph meet and greet, it seemed like our luck had kind of run its course for the day. Soarin's line was already over an hour, Living with the Land was down, Nemo was down...so we did the only thing we could

https://www.flickr.com/photos/89161658@N04/

We went to hang our with our little friend, full of purple pigment

89Hmwp2.gif

We were the only people in our set of ride cars, and it was a little creepy!!

After riding, I tried to force the boys to recreate a fun moment from years' past:

We somehow managed not to buy everything Figment related in the store, and checked the app for wait times. I've mentioned before that our FP times were not ideal on this day b/c we rearranged things late in the game after finding our we were getting the tour guide. We had passes for Living with the Land, but the ride was down. We had an anytime pass, but wanted to wait and see if LwtL would come back up at some point. Anyway, we were looking for other opportunities to ride at least one favorite. The wait time for Spaceship Earth was around 20 minutes, so we made that our destination.

I wish I could install Spaceship Earth in my backyard. Like, the ENTIRE RIDE. I just want easy access 24/7. That is how much I love it.
(Oh, and I just found a Disney Scent!! You know, everyday civilian candles/wax melts/sprays that are Disney-ish. Scentsy's Palo Santo smells just like Rome Burning.)

Whenever our faces are up on the big globe we usually miss it, but this time I saw us!

Why was I so excited about this?? All those pictures look like mugshots, so I'm not sure why I always make it a goal to see it.

The boys played some of the games

I forced everyone into a Bubblegum Wall selfie

And then backtracked toward The Seas with Nemo and Friends.

After cruising through the Big Blue World we did something we haven't done in a really long time. Something totally new to us at Epcot, but that we had done previously at California Adventure - Turtle Talk with Crush!!

Sorry for the blurry picture, that sea turtle will just NOT sit still!

QOgKHEX.gif

We think this show is adorable and so funny, although I swear this one was a lot different from CA's version. It seemed like there were less questions from the kids, and more of just Crush being silly. It was entertaining either way.

I wanted to go say hi to the manatees, but they weren't in their area so we couldn't see them :sad:

So much lettuce in the water...looks like they ate and got the heck out of there. They had better things to do than be stared at I guess!

After this, I decided that I DID in fact need the Spaceship Earth bubblegum wall ears I'd spied at Hollywood Studios, so I went to Mouse Gears to get them, and DH and the kids went to Club Cool.

I realized as I was checking out in Mouse Gears that DH had my AP and ID. I showed the CM at the register my MDE with the annual pass listed, and said I know they usually need to see the card and ID, and she basically lectured me about bringing it with me, and I said, look, I'm not here to argue with you, I don't care if you give me the discount or not, but hey, I had to at least try. I will happily pay full price, but can you just ring me up and stop yelling at me. But I said it in a nicer way than that. She ended up rolling her eyes and saying, "no, no, I will give you the discount!"

Have I mentioned yet that I went bagless most of this trip? DH just kept the AP and ID in his wallet and it made things so easy...unless I was trying to buy stuff. Most of the time I didn't bother asking for the discount if he wasn't with me at the time, and the one time I did I got yelled at. Half the time I actually DID have it, they never asked to see it :rolleyes::rolleyes: I wish I could say this wasn't the case the last time I had the annual pass, but it was.

Anyway, here's a picture of the fountain I took at some point while we were split up:

We stopped to take some pictures before going on in to the World Showcase

Stopping here for the sake of picture amounts...will have the next part up as fast as I can type it

Chapter Six Part Three

Oh, Canada!

Here's the part of the day where we all realize we are tired, and we do a lot of aimless wandering and sitting and waiting before our lunch reservation.

Originally we had dinner reservations for Shula's. The night before we cancelled and changed it to lunch at Le Cellier. Everyone wanted steak, but we also didn't want to eat Shula's right before going to the Frozen Dessert Party. We were kind of worried about timing, too, b/c we'd all gotten really used to our incredibly leisurely afternoon breaks.

Anyway, somehow we ended up in France

We wanted to watch Impressions de France but we had missed it and didn't want to wait. We didn't want to go much farther into the WS b/c of our lunch reservation, so we slowly shuffled our way back around and spent some time in the UK.

and then back to Canada

I'm always so excited to see the little footprints in the concrete

Managed to talk the kids into recreating this photo

Devastated some DVC salespeople but got free stickers anyway, drooled over the smell from the maple popcorn cart, killed more time wandering around

And then FINALLY checked in for our lunch. Once again we witnessed a large group becoming irate at not being seated. Again with no reservation.

Le Cellier gets mixed reviews, but we'd never been before, we wanted steak, and we want to try as many restaurants on property as we can. It just seemed like a good one to check off the list.

Beautiful but dark inside

Leyton ordered some kind of specialty non-alcoholic drink that I can't find on the menu

This was really good. Raspberry-ish. I kind of wanted one for myself!

Pretzel bread and salted butter to start

Both boys got the Le Cellier Beef Bourguignon Poutine - Fresh-cut French Fries, Gruyère, Beef Bourguignon Gravy, Garlic Aïoli, Truffle. Xavier added the loaded boursin potatoes.

These potatoes were the best thing EVER.

I had the Le Cellier Filet Mignon - AAA Canadian Beef Tenderloin, mushroom risotto, asparagus-tomato relish, truffle-butter sauce

It was a little bit underdone in the center, but otherwise great. The risotto however, was my favorite part.

DH had a different steak, which I don't see on the menu, b/c it doesn't have anything on the side and the current New York strip has accompaniments this one doesn't.

and we also added the lobster mac and cheese

The lobster mac was good, but if given the choice, I'd rather have the loaded boursin potatoes.

After eating we were all so stuffed. And soooo regretting eating a giant steak dinner for LUNCH. On a hot day. We had to get out of there!!

We rolled ourselves toward the front of the park, and stopped by The Art of Disney

and said TTFN to Spaceship Earth

and hopped that monorail right back to the Polynesian.

We'd head back to Epcot for the evening, and that's what'll be on tap next time!!

Have a great weekend, Friends!

Last edited:
When Figment and SE are the only options for rides are the best times. Underrated little purple dragon and icon attraction.

I'm sorry you had such a negative experience with the Merch CM. I don't get why some Merch CMs just get so upset about the whole discount situation. Like is it really taking anything from you to give someone a discount they should have especially when you have proof that you do genuinely have that discount? I will never understand.

Your Le Cellier lunch looks delicious. That looks exactly like the place for me. Love a good steak and they have so many. Yum!

re-Odyssey of the Mind practice.
So, you always mention Odyssey of the Mind... What is it? I am curious!

we wanted to do THIS:

Wreck It Ralph and Vanellope were a must do for me, and everyone else was actually excited to meet them, too.
We need to do this also! Do you know if they are still meeting?

YES!!

OMG.

It was ooey. It was gooey. It was cinnamon-sugary perfection. Can I have five more, please??
Morgan would Looooove this!

The "potato barrels" (Quit trying to make Fetch happen, Disney. They're tater tots.) were awesome, crispy and salty and beautiful.
I wonder if Tater Tots is trademarked or something Potato Barrel is just too much.

He did not appreciate my efforts at photos. At this point, are any of you shocked??

Ha. I love it.

A few people had managed to get ahead of us b/c of our reunification, but we were like the third group to meet Ralph I think. Yep, sadly just Ralph. Vanellope was unavailable that morning, and I was really disappointed. They said she'd be there later, but later the line was long :sad: If they're still meeting in June I'm dragging DH back so I can meet her. She's bucket list for me, I love her so much.

OMG!!! He is awsome! We def need to meet him.

Friday again, woo!!

MMfe2Cg.gif

I don't know about you, but I very much need a weekend right about now!!
YES!!!! Me too!!!

I love this selfie!

First and foremost, I just realized that the picture of the beef bourguignon poutine didn't show up, so here it is if you're dying to see it:

I wonder if my phone camera was on a weird setting b/c all of the pictures look kind of blurry, but oh well, nothing i can do about it now, right??

Love the bubblegum wall ears on you! I really want to try Le Cellier one day, glad you enjoyed it!

They became my favorite ears, they're just so pretty!!

Your lunch at Le Cellier looks delicious!

We were happily surprised by how good it was...but it was a LOT for a lunch on a warm day. Next time I'd pick it for dinner instead.

When Figment and SE are the only options for rides are the best times. Underrated little purple dragon and icon attraction.

I'm sorry you had such a negative experience with the Merch CM. I don't get why some Merch CMs just get so upset about the whole discount situation. Like is it really taking anything from you to give someone a discount they should have especially when you have proof that you do genuinely have that discount? I will never understand.

Your Le Cellier lunch looks delicious. That looks exactly like the place for me. Love a good steak and they have so many. Yum!

I feel so bad that Figment's ride is never very full :sad: We all love that little dragon so much!

I hate ever complaining about a CM, and I am a former Disney Store CM, so I try to be especially nice to anyone working sales/customer service. I don't know why she decided to escalate my question about the discount. I was so casual about asking, like, hey, I know I don't have my ID so I understand if I can't, but here's my AP showing in MDE, will that work? I would much rather hear no than have someone launch into a speech chastising me. It just didn't warrant that, but maybe she was just having a bad day :confused3 If that's the case I'd rather her take it out on me than someone else.

Le Cellier was a surprise hit!! I'd have liked it better if I hadn't stuffed myself in the middle of a hot afternoon :rotfl::rotfl: We were like, what have we done!! You mean we have to WALK OUT OF HERE?? :rotfl2: Who am I kidding, it was worth it, LOL

So, you always mention Odyssey of the Mind... What is it? I am curious!

We need to do this also! Do you know if they are still meeting?

Morgan would Looooove this!

I wonder if Tater Tots is trademarked or something Potato Barrel is just too much.

Ha. I love it.

OMG!!! He is awsome! We def need to meet him.

YES!!!! Me too!!!

I love this selfie!

Ahh!! You open up a can of worms when you ask me about Odyssey of the Mind, I love it!! Simply put, it's an international creative problem solving competition. I have coached for six years. The kids have to do everything, there can't be any outside assistance from adults. They have a long term problem they work on during the months leading up to competition, and the solution is presented in skit form. It's kind of hard to describe without launching into a novel, LOL!!
here's the website if you're curious :https://www.odysseyofthemind.com/
We made it to Worlds two years ago, which was an amazing experience.

I think they are still meeting, it was so much fun! I'm not sure how long they're sticking around, I hope through summer at least, b/c I need to go back and see Vanellope!

This cinnamon roll thing was AMAZING!! Much better than the one we had on a previous visit

I always say "potato barrel" in a very fussy voice, LOL.

that picture cracks me up, lol

it was such a fun meet, and he was surprisingly expressive for a giant foam man :rotfl:

Friday is the BEST day. I'm very busy doing absolutely nothing right now, and it's spectacular!

Thank you!

I agree with you about SE, I absolutely love this attraction!

The poutine and potatoes look so yummy!

We have never been to LeCellier the steaks and pretzel bread have won me over, to bad Andi is a steak hater, lol!

I love the bubblegum wall/SE ears! Andi talked me out of them, she said I would never wear them, I think I would and may need them!

OH and also, I am putting Le Celier on our August trip list... I had the sampler of the steak at Food & Wine and it was sooo good. Your pictures helped pushed me to put it on the list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter