And all at once, everything was different. Literally. *WDW NYE 2019 TR* Updated 4/11x2*COMPLETE*

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by xlsm, Jan 6, 2019.

1. SweetSerenity

SweetSerenity Thank you evenin' star!

I have become disappointed by the Figment shop. Like the Muppet store, I feel like the merchandise is definitely less. I have several limited edition Figment plushies that are numbered and other more unique merchandise. Now, it seems like everything is more generic: plain little plushies, keychains, a few shirt. I wish they would bring back the original concept of Figment.

2. Raeven

Raeven DIS Veteran

I love boursin cheese and that sounds so good :lovestruc

I've always wanted to try their poutines yum

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. suse66

suse66 Mickey Bars should be a daily food group!

::yes::It just never gets old!

I love Turtle Talk! It is a must do for me. One of my favourite memories was when Stuart was 6, we were at Turtle Talk and Crush showed the bikini top (wondering what it was). Stuart piped up "that's for girls" and burst out laughing . It was so cute!

What is with people not making reservations???

Must have those in my life!

5. carlypaigesmom

carlypaigesmom Mouseketeer

If you had spaceship earth in your backyard I’d be coming to visit often lol. We live in north east Arkansas. Have you heard the rumor of a possible refurb for it lasting 2 years?

6. amazingact21

amazingact21 Upendi

Glad to see lunch at Le Cellier turned out pretty good. I'll be eating there for the first time in June and was happy to hear the steaks still lived up to their reputation.

Sorry about the lecture from the MouseGears Cast Member, though.

7. CaseFace5

CaseFace5 DIS Veteran

I have never eaten at Le Cellier but that steak looks SO GOOD! Maybe I will have to put it on the list for next time!

I also love SE. I always want to ride it, it's just so classic!

8. coloredimage

coloredimage DIS Veteran

I didn't bring enough room in January to get these even though they were my second favorite pair of new ears that have come out (after potion purple). These are going to be my #1 purchase for April lol

Well, that's fancy.

9. Disney_Alli

Disney_Alli DIS Veteran

I just found your TR (I missed my happy place and you seem fun lol) But this post just brought back some fun memories for me. In August 2015 we got married in WDW and did pics in two parks, MK (Of course) and HS because I'm Tower of Terror OBSESSED and we parked in that same area to take pics around on Sunset Blvd. You're right, it's not very pretty but it's so cool being someplace most people don't get to go that you want to document it but you can't.

10. xlsm

xlsm Snow White

The meat and sauce on the poutine was VERY rich, but good. The potatoes were insanely delicious. Maybe since Andi doesn't eat steak she would like one of the salads or sides?? They have regular poutine on a secret menu for AP holders I've heard (but haven't asked, so don't know from personal experience). The pretzel bread was really good, and they have the cheddar soup, too.

Maybe they will accidentally jump into your hands and onto the checkout counter on your next visit...they really are some of the prettiest ears I've seen. I just love them!

If they decide they're interested, and if you ever have any questions about it, let me know!

I was surprisingly pleased by the whole meal, and would definitely go back

Ugh, don't get me started on the Muppet store :sad::sad:

they were the best potatoes!!

i only got a tiny bite of the poutine b/c the kids were not into sharing, but what I had was delicious!!

Aww, that's adorable!! Turtle Talk is just so much fun, I have promised myself that I will visit it more often!

I don't know! It seemed like everywhere we went there were large groups with no reservations who just did not understand why they couldn't be seated. I mean, look around people! There are a gazillion others here, why are you shocked there's no room for you?? :rotfl::rotfl:

they were SO GOOD!

Haha!! If I had it in my yard I'd say slide on over to my side of the state!! I have heard the rumor, in fact I did ask our VIP guide and he said that yes, they've heard a refurb is coming at some point, but they haven't heard anything about a start date, an end date, or length of time.

We felt it was a great meal, and I"ll be honest, I was trying to keep my expectations low just in case. I hope you have a similarly good experience!!

It was frustrating...I just felt like a simple "no, sorry" would have worked a whole lot better than a lecture and then giving me the discount anyway.

I think it's definitely worth trying!!

Definitely a classic. It isn't a complete visit without at least one ride

My purple potions were my favorite until I got the bubblegum wall ones!

I wish i remember what it was called, i know it was raspberry something but i can't find it on the online menu. If I go back, it's what I will order, it was really good!

Yay, welcome!!

Ugh, yes!! Not taking pictures backstage was so hard, especially at Epcot!!

StarWarsMomofGirls! and Raeven like this.
  11. xlsm

xlsm Snow White

Hello everyone!!

I will try to get an update posted on Monday afternoon. This past week was just too busy and today I am being lazy!!

Have a great weekend!!

12. MeghanEmily

MeghanEmily DIS Veteran

I finally got back long enough to mostly catch up!

I love this. <3 Such a beautiful photo. The morning light....I can almost feel what those kinds of mornings in Florida on vacation feel like in your soul! :lovestruc

:lovestruc Well sign me up then, cuz I totally belong! Oh...right...we can't afford it yet. Whoops!

The one and only. What a beauty!

Yay! So exciting! An August visit would be better, just sayin', but still I'm pumped for you guys!

Oh my goodness!! Adorable! Any time I hear anything about Fozzie I immediately think of you.

Amazing ears. I'm so glad you got them later!

This is so amazing, I still can't believe it! But part of me totally gets the anxiety about changing plans.

This is beautiful! We only ever went to the lava pool when we were there, but it was crowded and loud, so we definitely should have tried here instead!

Totally. :lovestruc

Oh my gosh, amazing! That's some serious customer service right there, going the extra mile!

Ooh, I've never noticed this, how cool! I'll have to look next time.

:rotfl:

Wow. Magic... :goodvibes I imagine that's exactly how I'd feel, or most of us here on the Dis would feel, if we got to do his job.

I have become similarly obsessed with Soarin'! The best!

Oh my gosh! Nathan would be so jealous!

That's so thoughtful :)

Wow. This would make the experience almost worth it for me right there! I hate that horrible moment in the HM queue (or lack thereof.)

Amen.

:laughing:

Niiiiice!

Dislike pictures of Spaceship Earth!? Blasphemy! Of course you feel the need. It's what's done!

Totally. Wet and blah.

Yes!! Such delicious "potato barrels" when we were there, too!

:goodvibes Yay! We got Vanellope and not Ralph on our visit, so now you and I need to swap character experiences!

Oooh, good to know! We're big fans of the Rome Burning smell.

Momee likes this.
  13. Where'sPiglet?

Where'sPiglet? DIS Veteran

I read through your entire trip reportand have been enjoying it! Your flight troubles sounded exhausting; the pool time was a great idea to recover.

Your NYE day sounds like it went better than expected. I'll have to watch the fireworks from the Poly pool sometime; looks amazing. Also, the VIP experience with the plaid sounds so cool!

14. NJlauren

NJlauren DIS Veteran

Joining in a little late!

I am always debating two things wdw right after Christmas 26-1 and a VIP tour. Neither of which I have been able to pull the trigger on.

I worry the crowds would kill me Christmas week (ok more like DH would kill me after I made him go). Then tour I had booked for a March trip when I was prego and at the last minute (3 weeks out, which is last minute for Disney) I canceled because I could justify the cost no matter how hard I tried!

Moral of all that rambeling is I love reading your report it gives me an idea of what I’m missing onboth fronts and can’t wait to hear more!

15. ArielSRL

ArielSRL DIS Veteran

I know we have had conversations about our June trips but I wanted to say that I specifically noticed how great the AP rates are in June! We are staying DVC for that trip but I took notice of that awesome Yacht Club rate!

We are huge SW fans but we’ve yet to see this!

All us mommas have to remind each other!

So far I haven’t talked my family on this but I’m hoping I can for June.

16. ArielSRL

ArielSRL DIS Veteran

Ok maybe I’m remembering wrong but the last couple trips the fountain hasn’t been running and it’s been grass there! Good to see it working again!

This will sound funny but this sounds yummy...except for the mushrooms! I’m not a mushroom fan but everything else is right up my alley!

Yum! This looks wonderful. I haven’t eaten at MM in a really long time and it gets a bad rap...but maybe I should try it again at some point.

17. ArielSRL

ArielSRL DIS Veteran

We definitely plan to try it before we judge!

If you can believe it, in 43 years and 19+ trips I’ve never had a kaki gori. I do plan to remedy that. I know they have an alcoholic version so I may try that but I’m not certain yet.

All these sound yummy.

Similar to the TotWL view though not exactly bc it is one building over and a tad higher up.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen crab cakes so small! I plan to get some at Ale & Compass in about 2 weeks. I hope they are bigger!

I would like to, as well.

Me too! Another “never done at Disney” that I need to rectify.

You guys definitely did it right. We are going for Independence Day but we booked the dessert party. Hopefully that will help somewhat.

18. ArielSRL

ArielSRL DIS Veteran

Completely off topic but this is how McDonald’s French fries make me feel.

I so want to stay here! Fortunately with DVC I think we can though it isn’t our home resort. I want to do Beach Club or Boardwalk in June 2020 so maybe the Poly will be on the list for 2021.

DH and I loved it! Unfortunately my kids are not thrill rides fans so unless we have someone with us (we did in Octiber) we have to do rider swap and ride alone. Which just isn’t as much fun.

19. Lesley Wake

Lesley Wake May the force be with you!

(Got pretty far behind)
    Now they have the more-permanent M&G at the Imagination Pavilion! On distwitter they showed the character entrance and it looks like Ralph and Vanelloppe come through the internet portal! It seems awesome!

I wish they would start verifying AP with a magicband! I know they can, because everytime I scan at a restaurant I can see at the top of the mobile device it pops up "passholder". You'd think they could have something similar for merchandise purchases! And if they could do fingerprint verification, that'd be even better so I wouldn't need ID either!

Sounded like a good plan - we ate at Shulas and were STUFFED! We couldn't even walk back from Dolphin to Beach Club, so took a boat!

xlsm likes this.
  20. xlsm

xlsm Snow White

Oops!! It's been almost an entire month since I've updated!! If you can't guess, that means it's been a very busy month over here.

Since I last posted, we've had a spring carnival at school ("spring" being relative, it does not feel any kind of spring-like!), L got a parakeet, and yesterday my Odyssey of the Mind competed at regionals and won first place!!

@Raeven also started her PTR so the cat's out of the bag...the two of us are going on a Universal/Disney adventure in September!!

I have some time today, so I will try to get a couple of updates posted and catch up a little.

We're ready to finish up our Epcot day, so here is...

Chapter Six Part Four

In the previous update we had spent the morning at Epcot, and had just left to go back to the Polynesian for a swim break. At some point during our time in the World Showcase before our Le Cellier lunch we stopped to take this:

[​IMG]

Anyway, after another lazy afternoon by the pool, we headed back to Epcot for the evening - at that point we thought it might be our last time to see Illuminations, so we had reservations for the Frozen Dessert Party!

The light was just perfect on Spaceship Earth as we walked through the gates

[​IMG]

I look less than excited here, a kid probably made a comment about me being either old or short

[​IMG]

And then I forced everyone to pose for these awkward gems:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The sunset was being extra cooperative, though!!

[​IMG]

Everyone was more than over my picture taking, and we were all ready to head toward our first destination - Mexico!

[​IMG]

In my previous reports I always say Mexico is one of my favorite pavilions, and nothing about that has changed. I LOVE it! The last time we were there, more Coco things were beginning to be added, and I knew even more was there now, so I was eager to check things out!

The ofrenda display was so dreamy and beautiful

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We took some time at the photo kiosk to make our own skeletons

[​IMG]

The final results??

X -

[​IMG]

L -

[​IMG]

And me!

[​IMG]

Mexico was decorated for the holidays!

[​IMG]

Our primary destination was the Gran Fiesta Tour, one of our very favorite rides. It is always a must do!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Up next was a quick visit to Norway. I knew L would be excited to see the Norse Gods exhibit in the Stave Church (he is very much into all kinds of mythology, and lord help the person who gets any of it wrong, because he will launch into a detailed explanation of what is correct), and so was I! That Frozen stuff has been in there FOR-EV-ER and I was ready for a change!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And no visit to Norway is complete without annoyed kids posing with a giant troll:

[​IMG]

They weren't even really annoyed, so I'm not sure what was up with those faces!!

After Norway was a quick visit to Karamell Kuche in Germany

[​IMG]

where we all picked up a caramelicious treat for later. We weren't eating them now because it was time to go to our dessert party!!

Because of picture amounts, I'm going to finish this up in the next post - Coming up as fast as I can type it!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  21. xlsm

xlsm Snow White

Chapter Six Part Five

I took a picture across the lagoon, and then we started over to the party location

[​IMG]

The check in for the Frozen Dessert Party is the open area by the water before you get to Mexico, so we had to backtrack through the World Showcase. This meant we weren't spending as much time there as we wanted, which led to some of our plans changing around for other days of our trip. That'll come up in a later update!

We got our glittery blue wristbands and found our table. We weren't right by the water, but we had a good view!

So, I'm going to just disappoint everyone right off the bat - my pictures for this party are terrible!! I managed to only get one of the food. This is the fruit/bread/cheese fondue buffet. The best buffet area of the night, honestly!

[​IMG]

Fruit, melon, crisp bread slices, pita, soft bread, broccoli, and DELICIOUS cheese fondue. I liked it best on the soft bread!!

There was also a few different dessert stations: ice cream sundae, baked goods like cupcakes and cookies, and the warm cakes (also with ice cream).

Lighting makes photos difficult, which is part of the reason why I don't have many (another reason was b/c I was eating!)

My plates: On the right is bread covered in cheese (yum!) along with some melon and fruit. On the left is a little eclair/macaron combo thing (it was eclair shaped, but macaron in substance), some kind of mystery blob I don't remember, and two small key lime tarts

[​IMG]

I broke a Disney rule, and felt so guilty doing it, but I used flash to get a picture of the glittery tops of the key lime tarts (but why are they ORANGE??)

[​IMG]

I felt so guilty about using flash at all that I held it way down to the side so I wouldn't make a huge blinding light toward anyone, lol

The tables were pretty, with Elsa lights on all of them and filmy blue table cloths with glitter swirls, reminiscent of Elsa's blue gown

[​IMG]

We were all given 3D glasses that turned the lights to snowflakes...here's a poor attempt at showing off that feature:

[​IMG]

If you've ever done or read about the Jingle Bell Jingle Bam fireworks party, you've seen similar before. The effect is actually pretty cool, but I hate wearing those cardboard glasses, so they never last long on my face.

Before long, the show began and we all sat back and enjoyed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was beautiful as always, and a great way to end the night. But wait, there's more!! The fireworks didn't signal the end of our night, because we still had a voyage through Arendale to complete!!

The party hosts had chosen two little girls to be our guides over to Norway (dressed as Elsa, of course!). We were all asked to line up

[​IMG]

Once the exiting park guests had died down a little, we all began walking toward Frozen Ever After. Don't think you can saunter along, they move fast!

We got to an empty Frozen line (although Norway itself wasn't totally empty, there were still people finishing dinner at Akershus - I just don't think I could do a full dinner that late!)

[​IMG]

Don't worry, I didn't forget to add the required blurry nightmare photo from inside the ride:

[​IMG]

Here's our ride photo :rotfl::rotfl:

[​IMG]

Too bad the other family didn't tell us to play along!!

Once we finished our ride through the icy wonderland, we slowly made our way out of the park and toward the monorail. Spaceship Earth gave us a beautiful send off

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And that concludes our busy Epcot day!! Next up will be Animal Kingdom...I might try to get that up today, but no guarantees. Enjoy your Sunday and see ya real soon!!