ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: January 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I checked in online this morning but it wouldn't let me add a request. :confused3

Oh well, I am sure that wherever we end up will be great!!! :thumbsup2

From what others have posted you can get other drinks, including soda, in the pineapple shells, but you will pay a premium for it.
Well, I could splurge for one :rolleyes1 Then I could share with my nieces, they'd probably think that was fun (ages 2, 4) or at least enjoy the yumminess. Having said that I will probably need to put some more money away for that, cause I probably wouldn't get away with buying just one ;) I just have to find a spork--right?!

Mindystar, looks like you arrive at the Poly the day after we do :cool1:
That's so cool!!! And it can't get here fast enough!!! (well until I look at what still needs to be done before then. Then it's right on track :rotfl:) Maybe I'll see ya!!! I need to find my LGMH pin ::yes::

Well, I checked in online this morning but it wouldn't let me add a request. :confused3

Oh well, I am sure that wherever we end up will be great!!! :thumbsup2

They don't have a general request feature online. Just call Disney reservations and put your request on that way. I've alwasy reqeusted this way and always received our request (Tokelau 1st floor :thumbsup2). Good luck and have fun!

My computer won't let me look at the link for some reason. :worried: What does it say?

Here's the text from the link:
Walt Disney World Resort will again be under “planned maintenance and nearby construction” starting on April 30, 2012 which means that the operating schedule will have to be adjusted. Guests need to make sure to pay attention if you’re planning on visiting Disney World any time soon because it could upset your daily plans. A notice was placed in the rooms of resort guests to advise them.

Beginning on Monday, April 30, Monorail service on the Magic Kingdom Resort and Express beams will be temporarily suspended during non-peak times, between 11:30 AM and 6:00 PM.

This is the same time frame that the monorails had been shut down back in the beginning of March. Construction and maintenance was planned then for a few weeks, but it was completed quickly which got it back up and running within about a week.

As of now, Disney expects the Monorail work to be complete in early May. Weather permitting, of course.

During this maintenance time, buses and watercraft (where applicable) such as smaller boats and ferries will be available to transport guests where they may need to go on the monorail tracks. If resort guests are heading to Epcot, that monorail will still be fully operational via the Transportation & Ticket Center. Buses can be taken to the TTC where guests may transfer to a monorail.

While the resort monorail maintenance interruption is an inconvenience, staying at the Poly is still a godsend. If at MK, you can take a boat back to the Poly or if needing to roll a stroller or wheelchair, just take the ferry to the TTC and walk back to your room. To Epcot, it has always been easier to just walk over to the TTC to take the direct monorail. I do feel sorry for the folks staying at CR and GF as it does make it a bigger inconvenience for them....especially getting to/from Epcot.

Here's the text from the link:
Walt Disney World Resort will again be under “planned maintenance and nearby construction” starting on April 30, 2012 which means that the operating schedule will have to be adjusted. Guests need to make sure to pay attention if you’re planning on visiting Disney World any time soon because it could upset your daily plans. A notice was placed in the rooms of resort guests to advise them.

Beginning on Monday, April 30, Monorail service on the Magic Kingdom Resort and Express beams will be temporarily suspended during non-peak times, between 11:30 AM and 6:00 PM.

This is the same time frame that the monorails had been shut down back in the beginning of March. Construction and maintenance was planned then for a few weeks, but it was completed quickly which got it back up and running within about a week.

As of now, Disney expects the Monorail work to be complete in early May. Weather permitting, of course.

During this maintenance time, buses and watercraft (where applicable) such as smaller boats and ferries will be available to transport guests where they may need to go on the monorail tracks. If resort guests are heading to Epcot, that monorail will still be fully operational via the Transportation & Ticket Center. Buses can be taken to the TTC where guests may transfer to a monorail.

People make way too much of a deal about the monorail being down. Even with that option taken away, you still have more options available for transportation available at the Polynesian Resort than anywhere else.

People make way too much of a deal about the monorail being down. Even with that option taken away, you still have more options available for transportation available at the Polynesian Resort than anywhere else.

If it were down during my stay it would be a very big deal because my mother needs an ECV and that only leaves us with using a bus or having to walk to the TTC and taking the ferry. That's not very convenient when I'm paying top dollar to stay on the monorail.

If it were down during my stay it would be a very big deal because my mother needs an ECV and that only leaves us with using a bus or having to walk to the TTC and taking the ferry. That's not very convenient when I'm paying top dollar to stay on the monorail.

I agree. My mother uses an ECV as well and the boats from the Poly to the MK don't hold the wheelchairs so its TTC or a bus. We always use the monorail for the MK so this would make a huge deal in our decision if it were the case when we were going.

Yes, however when staying at the Polynesian it is a transportation option that might be the reason why someone wants to stay there. I have heard plenty of people say that they want to stay at the Polynesian because its on the monorail. The monorail is convenient.

Is there even a bus that goes to the MK from the Poly?

Just a quick little thing - yesterday we took the boat back to our hotel after being at MK and it was not busy at all which surprised me.

It would be a big deal to us, between having our little one and my mother with us, the ease/convenience of the monorail is what finally swayed us to book the Poly, as opposed to the WL (our second choice, but we didn't want to be limited to boat/bus service). This could be a once-in-a-lifetime trip for us, esp. with my mom with us, and while I know things happen and nothing is perfect, the monorail is honestly what made us book Poly.

That being said, I finally heard back from our travel agent's sales manager, and we're keeping our fingers crossed that the Orlando weather cooperates so that the reduced hours are done by the time we arrive (or, at least only go for a coule of days into our stay). Here's what her email said:
I have been out of my office traveling for business and not at home since April 22 and just returned late last night, so I am behind in my email answering and I do apologize. In checking my Cast Advisory for the Walt Disney World Resort, I learned the following…To accommodate planned maintenance, we will be temporarily adjusting the operating schedule for the monorail system. Beginning April 30, monorail service on the Magic Kingdom Resort and Express beams will be temporarily suspended during non-peak times, between 11:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. During this time, watercraft and additional buses will be available to transport Guests to their destinations. Weather permitting, we expect this work to be complete within a week. From the information being communicated right now, it shows this work will run up until May 3 and of course, is subject to change.

At least they are allowing people to plan around the down time instead of closing it completely. I know it doesn't work for everyone, but I'm sure the guests would rather put up with a partial closure than constantly having it malfunction. Bummer that they can't accomplish it during regular maintanence hours.

Completely selfish moment here

Today is my ADR day!!! Just waiting to hear from IPO :yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter