ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: January 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your around.. watch the fireworks from the beach and also the electric water parade.

We just upgraded from CSR to the Poly for our 4-night trip in 12 days!!!! I have been looking through this thread but have not been able to sit down and read it all.

What are the best tips anyone can give to a total Poly newbie?

A little background- it will be myself, DH, DD (9) and DS (7). We're celebrating our 10 year anniversary, DH's 40th bday and DD getting over a very serious illness.

Thanks!!!!!

Well get reservations at Ohana for dinner and breakfast. That would be my tip but being only 12 days that might be hard to do :) You may be able to get a character breakfast but dinner is hard to get. The other is take some time to watch the fireworks and electric parade on the beach at night, that was one of my favorite things there. I have stayed at POR,CSR,POP,ASM,WL, and the Poly. At the Poly I felt the most comfortable and enjoyed it more than any of the other resorts .

Does anyone know if they are checking ID's at the volcano pool ? I remember last year when I went that they were going to check room keys at the pool to make sure someone was not there that wasnt suppose to be there. They did not enforce that when I was there. Then again it was not crowded at all when we went in September so they really need to.

Does anyone know if they are checking ID's at the volcano pool ?

Just back from a week at the Poly and did not see any ID checking at the pool.

One of best stays EVER at WDW. Poly concierge in the Hawaii longhouse spoiled me ROTTEN!

:p

Just back from a week at the Poly and did not see any ID checking at the pool.

One of best stays EVER at WDW. Poly concierge in the Hawaii longhouse spoiled me ROTTEN!

:p

I had the same experience and emailed Disney about it. I mentioned the CMs that really provided excellent service and received a call from Guest Services thanking me for my email and saying that each CM mentioned will be thanked and the manager will receive my comments and it will be noted in their files. I was so happy to give them the recognition they worked so hard for and deserved!

you are very welcome!

There are photos with approx walk times for each longhouse on that site. A lot of that info is probably in this thread, but I figured it would be a lot easier than trying to read a zillion posts :rotfl:

It really is a fab site - thank you again as I'd never have known if you had not have told me!

Think Samoa is looking promising on either 1st or 3rd floor..but I've ages to decide. :)

I'm really considering changing my reservation from POFQ to Poly and the Stay/Dine/Play offer is tempting my pockets!

So here's my question:

How difficult is to book a Rarotonga room in February? My mom has a mobility issue and being this close to the bus stop and monorail would be extremely beneficial for us.

I'm really considering changing my reservation from POFQ to Poly and the Stay/Dine/Play offer is tempting my pockets!

So here's my question:

How difficult is to book a Rarotonga room in February? My mom has a mobility issue and being this close to the bus stop and monorail would be extremely beneficial for us.

This thread has pretty much expired. Please post all questions and responses in the new FAQ thread found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter