ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: January 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG! I DID IT!! I DID IT!! I DID IT!!!!

Thank you!! :worship:

Now, can you help me with posting links to chapters in my Pre-Trip Report? :lmao: I love the organization of that set-up, You know - post #1 is the intro to your trip report and then post #2 is the list of chapters in order that you have been posting them. But I don't know how to get a "link" to an actual post, just a trip-report. LOL - does that make sense?? :confused3
I knew you could do it:yay:. Any URL that you want to hyperlink is done the same way, for example, you want to hyperlink the following:

CHAPTER ONE

Do the exact same thing you did to hyperlink your PTR, using the disboards.com address that CHAPTER ONE starts on as the URL that you're going to paste into "insert link" in the tool bar.

I'm looking forward to taking a look at your multi-hyperlinking PTR:surfweb:

I got a room pin for August and have booked the Poly for August 11 - 19th. This is my first stay there. It's our 20th wedding anniversary and my oldest son's 17th birthday!!!!! WOOO HOOO! I really would like a balcony room - do all the buildings have these and are there any buildings that are better than others?

I got a room pin for August and have booked the Poly for August 11 - 19th. This is my first stay there. It's our 20th wedding anniversary and my oldest son's 17th birthday!!!!! WOOO HOOO! I really would like a balcony room - do all the buildings have these and are there any buildings that are better than others?

Congratulations - on the pin and your anniversary, and your son's birthday! That's a lot of celebrating!

Most of the buildings do not have balconies on the second floor. All of them have a balcony on the third floor (except for the longhouse that only has two floors, but I can't remember which one that is off the top of my head!). If a balcony is a must-have request third floor!

WRT any other requests for a particular longhouse it depends on what is important to you, eg. close to the GCH (restaurants, shops, monorail platform), close to the pool, close to the TTC ... Also, what room category are you booked?

We're just in a standard view room. I think being close to the pool and maybe the beach would be the best. I can see us sitting on the beach a lot at night, even if it's just me and my hubby while an older child sits with the sleeping toddler.

AAAHHHH- we arrive on Sunday! I cannot believe how close we are to it! I've been to Disney twice before (once as a kid-stayed offsite, and once about 6 years ago, but it was offsite for half a day and umm, not fun!).

This is our 1st real family vacation more than a weekend away. It will be the kids 1st time on a plane. I've never even seen the Poly in person! Can't wait!!

Anyone there now? Any update on the pool/slide situation???

So happy to be back on a Poly thread, especially a new one!

We will be back for 6 nights in May/June and 6'ish nights in October. DH actually suggested that we stay at AS-Sports and use the money saved to attend a 2nd MNSSHP in October. I said that *maybe* we could give up theme park view and stay garden view instead...maybe. ;)

A year ago, when our first Poly stay was ahead of us, I joked that I would be spoiled and would never be able to stay anywhere else again. Now that we've been there, I realize how very spoiled I became. I guess there is just something about falling asleep with the lights of the castle shining into my room that makes me wonder if I will ever be able to enjoy any other room at Disney.

Oh how I love you 3410 Tuvalu. :lovestruc

DW & I have never stayed at PR! Does anyone have an experience(s) with having stayed at Rarotonga Longhouse? We would be interested in booking a (north) facing (balcony) room at this Longhouse, if it has three floors! Also, do the Longhouses have elevators?

Close enough to departure that I'm starting to make a packing list, and I'm trying to figure out what I *don't* have to pack. Do all the Club Level rooms definitely have two bathrobes, slippers, and a working alarm clock?

Any other amenities I might normally pack but don't have to because they're available in the room?

Close enough to departure that I'm starting to make a packing list, and I'm trying to figure out what I *don't* have to pack. Do all the Club Level rooms definitely have two bathrobes, slippers, and a working alarm clock?

Any other amenities I might normally pack but don't have to because they're available in the room?

I know they have two robes in all the CL rooms, alarm radios are in all rooms. Don't know about slippers.

Just spent last Summer in Poly CL. Had 2 bathrobes, no slippers. Had alarm clock. Actually, all levels of rooms I stayed in at Poly had alarm clocks. I did notice that they did provide extras like mouthwash, shaving cream and disposable razors for DH, dental kits, that the non-CL buildings did not provide. It was a nice touch. Have a great trip!

We're just in a standard view room. I think being close to the pool and maybe the beach would be the best. I can see us sitting on the beach a lot at night, even if it's just me and my hubby while an older child sits with the sleeping toddler.

I might suggest Samoa. It runs parallel to the volcano pool. Since you had said that a balcony is the most important for you I would word your request like this: "third floor, Samoa, volcano pool side." The room assigners will then know the order of importance of your priorities, keeping in mind that requests are never guaranteed. You could always just be a little more general and say "third floor, near pool and beach" and see what you get! Good luck!

Single digit dance for us too! :cool1:Looks like we have a few of us that will be there at the same time. We are GV CL Hawaii...how about the others?

Woohoo - my son and I will be there at the same time too! I requested Tokela (sp?) but dont know anything for sure yet. I also requested top floor as we paid for GV and I read might get a glimpse of the castle.... :cool1:

Just booked our first stay at the Poly. I've heard the coffee at Kona Cafe is great. Can you get it 'to go'? Any other suggestions/must-do for a first timer?

I have 12 more days and I will be at the Poly. :cool1:Can someone tell be about the online check in and the best place to request. GV near the GCH and not too far to go to see the water parade.:confused3 A balcony too if not too much to ask.:goodvibes Thanks so much in advance:goodvibes

I have 12 more days and I will be at the Poly. :cool1:Can someone tell be about the online check in and the best place to request. GV near the GCH and not too far to go to see the water parade.:confused3 A balcony too if not too much to ask.:goodvibes Thanks so much in advance:goodvibes

I believe Fiji Building has a GV class room that over looks the marina, yes it is still a GV room and is close to the GCH. If you want a balcony, try for these rooms: 3311-3322

These rooms do offer a side view of where the parade comes by. AKA you look off and to the left of your balcony and there you go. You don't need to hang off of it or anything to see the water parade.

We are going to be there in one week so I figure it is not time to unlurk!!! Looks like we will be there the same time as Brea, Preachermouse, Cricketgirl and others. We are only there for four nights -- it is a quick girls trip. Me, my dd (11) and a good friend and her dd (10) and dd (13). She hasnt been in years and her daughters have never been. We have a GV room so I requested Tokelua, third floor when I made the reservation. I am excited out of my mind about the trip and am hoping that her girls love WDW as much as my daughter does. The girsl all go to camp together in the summer so they know each other well and we should have good chemistry on the trip.

So, my question for all of you -- I have never done online check-in before but see that others going the same time period have already done that. Where do I go to do that? Since I made my longhouse request, should I see that on my reservation? Once you do online checkin -- do they send you a confirming email back with your longhouse on it? What is the advantage to doing this?

Thanks.

Lauren

Just so you know, you can't make a room/longhouse request with the online check-in. You have to call to do that (the central reservation number) and ask to have it noted on your reservation.

If you request Figi make sure you ask for the marina side if you want the water view, but given that the building is set back in from the beach I'm not sure, because of the angle, if there would be a great view of the EWP from your room. It is however, very close to the GCH & volcano pool.

Another option to be near the beach, GCH & pool would be Samoa. Tokelau is also close to the beach if you are on the beach end. But nothing at the Poly is really a big walk.

So, my question for all of you -- I have never done online check-in before but see that others going the same time period have already done that. Where do I go to do that? Since I made my longhouse request, should I see that on my reservation? Once you do online checkin -- do they send you a confirming email back with your longhouse on it? What is the advantage to doing this?

Thanks.

Lauren

To do online check-in log into your WDW online account. On the drop down menu under "My Disney Vacation" there is a link for online check-in. I can't remember if you will see requests in there or not. You do not get assigned a longhouse at the time that you do the online check-in. You will not find out where they have put you until you check in at the resort.

If you do online check-in you go to a separate area at the front desk when you arrive. They will already have your arrival package and key cards made up for you. It's meant to expedite the check-in experience, especially during busier times. Some people feel that doing online check-in might affect your requests - either favourably or unfavourably. Based on reports here it doesn't seem to be more avantageous one way or the other. The main difference would be if you don't like the room they give you - if you have done online check-in and they can move you, you will have to wait to get the keys redone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter