ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: January 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hoping we can stay at the Poly again this September!!!!! We didn't want to spend as much on vacation this year so I was actually contemplating a split stay at POFQ for 4 days and then Poly for 4 days. We will see, 8 days at the Poly would be better! :dance3:

I am hoping we can stay at the Poly again this September!!!!! We didn't want to spend as much on vacation this year so I was actually contemplating a split stay at POFQ for 4 days and then Poly for 4 days. We will see, 8 days at the Poly would be better! :dance3:

We started out trying to save money on our WDW vacation this year too, and got an amazing deal for POR, but it just didn't feel right to us. After a little discussion and pleading on my part (not too much pleading though, more like just planting a seed:rolleyes1) DH and I switched back to the Poly.
Now all is right with the world:hippie:

I need your honest thoughts! Ok... so I am a Poly girl but WL is my second choice. My mother and I are actually staying at the WL in 18 days and I am trying to decide one of two options. I have stayed at the Poly in CL but no where else. So...

Do I upgrade my WL room to CL? We will be having a relaxed trip.

OR... do I change to the Poly in a GV room?

They are about the same price and as much as I want to spend at this point. Your thoughts are appreciated!

We are staying 5 nights and will do the parks but not from open to close. We are passholders so spending all day in the parks won't happen for us. We want this to be a relaxed Disney trip, if thats possible. LOL. :rotfl: TIA!

Well you certainly have a dilemma! We have stayed at both and I can give you some things to think about.

The WL is a relaxed laid back atmosphere with rocking chairs rustic decor with
beautiful flora but whispering canyon gets really loud In The lobby. It is possible to get glimpses of wishes in certain areas. Artist pointe is a signature restaurant with some really awesome mussels. The buses make it difficult to just jaunt back to the resort for a nap or a swim.

The poly is über relaxing laid back atmosphere.. Rooms are extra large, the pool is absolutely gorgeous! You can be back at the resort from MK or Epcot in about 20 minutes there or back. Sitting by the pool sipping a Lapu Lapu as the sun sets is something that is heavenly! Waking up early nursing a fresh cup of coffee from the 24 hr captain cooks while walking along the totally vacant beach as the sun rises! Hearing the faint sounds of the cast members at MK getting fired up for the day.. Priceless! Sitting on the beach watching the castle change colors.. Fabulous! Did I mention WISHES from the beach? It's a head on view. The reflections on bay lake as the fireworks dance in the night sky cannot be discounted! The smell as you walk leisurely walk through the tropical rainforest lobby.

Not being biased or anything..:rolleyes1

Fuzzy photo from the poly beach
29016f98.jpg

Good morning poly!

97689eb7.jpg

Well you certainly have a dilemma! We have stayed at both and I can give you some things to think about.

beautiful flora but whispering canyon gets really loud In The lobby. It is possible to get glimpses of wishes in certain areas. Artist pointe is a signature restaurant with some really awesome mussels. The buses make it difficult to just jaunt back to the resort for a nap or a swim.

The poly is über relaxing laid back atmosphere.. Rooms are extra large, the pool is absolutely gorgeous! You can be back at the resort from MK or Epcot in about 20 minutes there or back. Sitting by the pool sipping a Lapu Lapu as the sun sets is something that is heavenly! Waking up early nursing a fresh cup of coffee from the 24 hr captain cooks while walking along the totally vacant beach as the sun rises! Hearing the faint sounds of the cast members at MK getting fired up for the day.. Priceless! Sitting on the beach watching the castle change colors.. Fabulous! Did I mention WISHES from the beach? It's a head on view. The reflections on bay lake as the fireworks dance in the night sky cannot be discounted! The smell as you walk leisurely walk through the tropical rainforest lobby.

29016f98.jpg

Good morning poly!

97689eb7.jpg

ALL this :thumbsup2

29016f98.jpg

Good morning poly!

97689eb7.jpg

Good points... I think I have been swayed! We will see! :goodvibes

Though I've read through them before, I just reread all the initial posts on the thread. :lovestruc I am excited about all the resort activities - we never seem to make time for these, but I'm determined to this trip.
I cannot wait!

:rotfl2: :lmao::rotfl:
Sorry I just have the fever! Each day is one day closer.
Party:

The good news is I got both of my 2 week vacations approved at work so now I can plan and extend till my heart's content! Since my August trip started as 4 nights and is now at 8....:rolleyes1 I'm not making any promises on the October trip. ;)

I am COMPLETELY THERE! I have 18 days and since I have decided to switch to the Poly from the WL I am SUPER excited! YAY! :goodvibes
18 days!!:worship: think you made the right decision.. :thumbsup2

The good news is I got both of my 2 week vacations approved at work so now I can plan and extend till my heart's content! Since my August trip started as 4 nights and is now at 8....:rolleyes1 I'm not making any promises on the October trip. ;)
Hmm sounds like an extension is in order. If were to do that I would not tell the kids. Make em pack up to leave... Then tell em were staying.. :rotfl2:

Thanks for starting the new thread Rob! I am so excited. Ticker says 2 months, 4 weeks now! Getting down in the days, I don't know what on earth I'm going to do with myself AFTER the trip!! Cry maybe. Cry and whine. Yup, that sounds about right. LOL

Movin' on over! Thanks, great job again Rob! :thumbsup2

I am COMPLETELY THERE! I have 18 days and since I have decided to switch to the Poly from the WL I am SUPER excited! YAY! :goodvibes

and a great sales job by Carl! :thumbsup2 although I suspect it wasn't too difficult ... :rolleyes1 and wow, 18 days - so soon! Have a fantastic time Gina!

subscribing...Can't wait for our first stay at the Poly this June!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!