AKV- If YOU bought how many points

150 Points !

One contract of 100 points and a second for 50 points. This was a "no-brainer" for us as we have enjoyed every stay at the AKL, and this resort feels as much "home" here as at OKW.

We just bought 65 points...enough to add on a few days extra to our week at SSR or combine together for a nice vacation. That's two contracts in 3 months and we haven't even had our first vacation yet!

I had 1150 points before AKV came along, and decided to add 150. I'm also in the process of selling my 160 Vero points, so it's pretty much a wash in terms of the # of points I'll have. I like that my AKV points will last 15 years longer, though - so it was the right thing to do (for me)!

I thought about just doing a 50-pointer, but the $8 incentive pushed me to 100 and once I saw what the Vero points still commanded on the resale market I went up to 135.....from there I had to do the extra 15 points to get the tapestry (ok, silly reason, but what the heck)!

We bought 150 points to become charter members. :cool1:

I too liked the points charts - four levels to choose from.

Being a geek about this, I have a spreadsheet for vacation planning. I have it planned years in advance. We also own at VWL as you can imagine. Of course, the well-laid plans will go up in smoke as soon as someone has a 'special' requrest. :)

We brought 50 pts at AKV. I figure this way we can get a Savannah view studio every other year. :cool1: The new DVC pool and play area look awesome. I am sure my DS (4) will love it.

I have stay at AKL before and it was ok. My DH & I weren't really crazy about the food choices in the restaurants. We are boring meat and potato people. The weird spices just didn't do it for me. But the balcony in the morning with the giraffe were WOW! :yay:

We also have 160 pts at SSR. But my real plan is to buy about 100 or so pts at BWV next year then we are done buying points for at least 5 years. But you never know. ;)

Being a geek about this, I have a spreadsheet for vacation planning. I have it planned years in advance. We also own at VWL as you can imagine. Of course, the well-laid plans will go up in smoke as soon as someone has a 'special' requrest. :)

Welcome Home and Welcome to the DIS!!!

I know something better than a spreadsheet :). I use two computer programs to help me with my planning and point allocation.

The first is the DVC Planner by the DIS's very own Caskbill: http://web.nalu.net/~wneth/dvcplanner.htm. It will help you plan your next vacation. Just select the resort and the villa size and click on your dates and it will tell you how many points your vacation will cost. It even includes AKV! Great program!

The second is the DVC Manager by David Fredrickson: http://www.members.aol.com/DMFredrick/Download.html. It allows you to track your DVC usage so you always know how many points you have left. It does not yet have AKV info, but David said it will come soon.

We bought 100 AKV points a couple of days ago... :cloud9:

I just bought 100 AKV points - 2 50 point contracts. I got my FedEx package yesterday, and will be sending the paperwork in today or tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to using these points!!!

I also have 165 HH points and 165 BCV points. My new total is 430 points - I'm really excited about planning for next year!!!!

:offtopic:
WOW...Took you 5 months for your first post!

Stop that lurking and join the rest of the Disney crazies! :crazy: :jester::dance3:

I am curious what current DVC'ers bought at AK. I got 100 points F UY. I took the discount at 93 with 07 points.

I am curious what current DVC'ers bought at AK. I got 100 points F UY. I took the discount at 93 with 07 points.
And the answer to your question can be found in the following two threads. One is tracking the number of points purchased at AKV: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1346822. The other is tracking the specific Unit number that people purchased (the unit # will be in your paperwork): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1358162

ETA: Last I checked, the total is getting close to 10,000 points!

We bought 300 points at AKV. One 200 point contract, and a 100 point job. The "list" on the other thread has us split by contracts.
Still considering another 100. :smokin:

MG

And the answer to your question can be found in the following two threads. One is tracking the number of points purchased at AKV: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1346822. The other is tracking the specific Unit number that people purchased (the unit # will be in your paperwork): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1358162

ETA: Last I checked, the total is getting close to 10,000 points!

We're over 10,000 just at DIS (and that's just with what's been reported on the boards) with the large majority (so far) being add-ons, as "new" sales began recently. Weren't there only a total of 35,000 pts avail for the initial advance add-on period? If so, DIS made a pretty good showing early on!

100 for us... First it was 50 but then we decided the discount and the 100 points would be nice. Had a hard time letting go of the tapestry but maybe someone with the same last name bought 150 and our name will be on the tapestry anyway!!!:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter