AKV- If YOU bought how many points

Pennyguy23

DIS Veteran
I figured we would start a thread to see how many of us bought AKV points and why you went with the number of pts you did.

I will start with 3-50pt contracts.

150pts. It is only me and my wife so a studio is just fine for us. Once we have kids that will change.

We're owners at SSR and have 160 pts there. We added on at Akv with 4- 50 point contract making our total 360 points. We will soon be a family of 5 and definitely needed lol more points.

We chose 150 points, it is enough to get you a studio savannah view for a week any week except the 2 premier weeks, without borrowing.The week we hope to use this year is 108 points, leaving us 42 to bank for next year.To be honest with you I was very happy when I saw the point chart.

We bought 60 points. Our thinking was, we would go during value season (usually September or December) for 6 nights in a Savannah room each year. That is 75 points, so with 60 we would just borrow 15 points each year from the next year and on the fifth year we would just skip AKV. This gives us alot of flexibility on what to do with our VWL points. DW is especially interested in looking into II exchanges. So I figure one week each year at HHI, one week at AKV and then use our VWL to either exchange with II or augment our HHI and AKV points so we can stay longer or in a 1BR or stay an additional week or two at Vero or WDW. It just gives us a lot of flexibility, we didn't have before.

We bought 160 points . I wish I thought about it more and broke it up into smaller contracts.

We own at BWV and OKW. We bough 2 50-point contracts for a total of 100 points. We were going to buy 75 points, but the incentives made it more attractive to buy 25 points more than we had planned. We intend on staying at AKV every other year and banking and borrowing to do it.

We bought 3-50 point contracts. We figured we can stay in a studio savannah for a week. Or we can bank them and stay in a one bedroom every other year. We are sure glad we bought points at AKV. :dance3:

We're adding on 3-50 pt contracts. We'd like have enough to stay sun-fri in a 1BR savanah view during july-aug. If we get lower point rooms, fine with us. But, we didn't want to be shut out because we didn't have enough points.

We bought 160 points . I wish I thought about it more and broke it up into smaller contracts.

Why can't you still do that? You haven't signed any documents yet; they are still processing your purchase. Call your guide and ask if they can void the first contract and issue you a new one that breaks the 160 up into, say, 4 contracts of 40 or 2 of 80. It will be worthwhile later when you need to sell some points.

We bought one 200 point contract, and may buy another 100.
We figured 1/2 of our May trip in a 1br concierge villa, with two of the days on a weekend. That came to around 184 points, so I rounded up.
I just couldn't bring myself to do the entire trip with no VWL, that's why I figured 1/2! :thumbsup2

We opted not to break it into smaller contracts, since that would increase the resale price by 5-10/pt just in closing costs.
I figured a 200 pointer isn't hard to unload should the unfortunate need arise.

MG

We bought a 150 point contract. I thought about 200 but scaled back since we still have a little left to pay on our SSR contract. If the resort turns out to be extremely well done we may add another 50 points in 2009.

We bought three 50 pointers. That will give us a one bedroom every other year. We aklready have 400 at BWVs and 250 at VWL.

Had originally purchased 171 based on the Frog's original point chart, but talked to my guide and was able to change that to 180 (50+50+80).

grim pirate:

I'm not buying, will stay there at least once with the 7 month.

We bought three 50 point contracts. We go on an annual trip with my folks each fall and the 150 will allow us to do every other year in a 2 bedroom savanah view with a few points to spare. (30 if we do first week in December, 5 if we do November)

I just got 55 points. Really didn't need anymore points, but when you've bought into the first 7 resorts, how can you not buy into the 8th??

Should be enough for 5 days in a 1-br every other year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter