AKV- If YOU bought how many points

We are buying 3, 50 point contracts tomorrow. We had to wait to see if my former company would be re-hiring me, which they are, all confirmed today. Timing couldn't be better. :cool1: So, DH:love: said " go ahead with the add-on":banana:

So now I have a job AND points at AKV. I think this is the best Monday I have ever had.

Will your company hire me too? Of course, I want to be able to work from my villa ;)

We are still trying to decide on the number of points to add-on at AKV, but we are leaning toward 69. Now no funny comments about that!!! It is the number that will give us either 3 week days at the end of a trip, or a 1 bedroom SV for a week in Adventure season. That was the way I looked at it for figuring out how many we are likely to want. I first thought we would add on just 50, but too many problems with that number. After some exhaustive research and planning different point scenarios, it looks like 69 is our best bet.

No funny comments from me, especially since you have admitted to exhaustive research into that number.....

I just want to add, that for some reason, I think (if you ever need to) that will be an especially easy contract to resell!

-Tony

ETA: 5 50-Pointers for us, add us to the list, Mr. Lincoln!

No funny comments from me, especially since you have admitted to exhaustive research into that number.....

I just want to add, that for some reason, I think (if you ever need to) that will be an especially easy contract to resell!

-Tony

ETA: 5 50-Pointers for us, add us to the list, Mr. Lincoln!

Actually, that is our thought as well. I know I wont be around to enjoy AKV for the whole of the contract, but if I choose to sell it in 20 years, it should hold its value well.

Actually, that is our thought as well. I know I wont be around to enjoy AKV for the whole of the contract, but if I choose to sell it in 20 years, it should hold its value well.

This was definitely in our minds as well!
Bobbi:goodvibes

See, in 20 years, my OKW contracts will have lost a great deal of value because there won't be much time left on them, but the AKV contract will still have significant value. It is the one reason we actually considered selling one OKW contract and replacing it with AKV.

6655 points now

I know there are alot of new buyers out there since this post has been bumped up. Let me know whatcha got

We bought 100 points in 2 50 point contracts Saturday. I had thought we could do with 60 points but dh wanted the $8 off incentive. I am just still surprised he agreed to add on.:)

100 AKV points mailed paperwork on Mon.. 325 SSR points just wanted some AKV points for the 11 month access. 100 should get me everyother year or a split vacation with SSR and AKV. Help I'm hooked!:rotfl:

We bought 105 at AKV which will cover a week in a Savannah view studio every year during Adventure season. That supplements our 185 SSR points, it all works out well to guarantee that I get to go to WDW at least once a year and then we can decide what to do with the other point.

I bought 2 100 point contracts Dec use year. I am ready to watch animals!

SimbaCub
OKW April 2007
VWL Thanksgiving 2007
VWL Week before Christmas with friends

I added 150 points today to become a Founding Member. That brings my total to 380 points with most at OKW.

We put in a preorder, for the general public on sale of AKV, with our guide for 200 points.

There's 5 of us, my wife, DD4, DS2, and DD 5 months. We were initially going to do 175. We decided to do 200 becasue, figuring 6 day trips with only one weekend night during adventure season, we can bank about 40 points a year, for 3 years. Then we can book a 2 BR, as the kids get older and might want their own "space", for the next 12 years.

120 POINTS!

2 60-Point Contracts (one for each of the kiddies for when I can no longer have my body dragged down there :)

120 points because between that and the 150 BCV we can truly go every year, and because I couldn't justify $$$ for any more. (let's just say I started out with the addonitis thinking we would buy 30 points. . .by the time I called our guide, I had quadrupled that, not bad huh??;) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter