AKL value studios and booking at the 11 month window

Ohhhhh lawd, I'm so confused!:crazy::crazy::crazy: No problem, not even going to worry with this one right now. May never even need that option. Lol.

Most will say that walking is never needed. Many people walk a ressie without actually needing to.

The most likely rooms that walking is beneficial are AKV club, AKV value, BWV standard (during fall and any race/holiday weekends). BWV boardwalk might also benefit from walking -- but they definitely go more slowly than the standard views.

I've never had to walk for BCV studios or VGF studios, including during busy fall season.

It's hit or miss. We usually book at 11 months and the values usually do show up for our dates. For example we're doing a 3 night trip over new years, and the value rooms were available all 3 nights. We still prefer the standard rooms for two reasons: 1) a little bigger 2) partial savanna or pool view. Since we only go for shorter trips, the point savings aren't worth it to us (mostly due to the view being a tossup in the value category). If we were traveling for 7 days, however, we could potentially change our minds, but again, we'd be very unhappy with a parking lot view which approximately 1/3 of the value studios are parking lot views.

Overall, it's nice to own at AKV and to have the option for both the values and club level. You never know when situations will change; in 10 years we may really favor value rooms for example.

And I am a true lurker of the RAT on the website...with imaginary trips using imaginary points....no FB account but I do love me some value studio stalking...

Not to sound stupid, but we are doing our research for resale and adding points direct later, but what is "walking" when it comes to a resort reservation? We are looking to buy Animal Kingdom for our home via resale.

Not to sound stupid, but we are doing our research for resale and adding points direct later, but what is "walking" when it comes to a resort reservation? We are looking to buy Animal Kingdom for our home via resale.
I have an idea of what it is, but now I am not so sure of how it is done. Someone else will chime in I'm sure.

following, I would also like to buy at AKL, and we also travel in the fall, occasionally in February, and are looking at 160 pts. but we only go for a week or so, and would likely have to bank/borrow for the 1 bedroom and go every other year.

following, I would also like to buy at AKL, and we also travel in the fall, occasionally in February, and are looking at 160 pts. but we only go for a week or so, and would likely have to bank/borrow for the 1 bedroom and go every other year.

Good luck with this. There seems to be a lot of these 160 point contracts around. We are now going through the closing process on ours so hoping it goes smoothly... Depending on when in the fall you go, you could get a week in a one bedroom for pretty close to 160 points: http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-vacation-club/AK-Points.htm

Good luck with this. There seems to be a lot of these 160 point contracts around. We are now going through the closing process on ours so hoping it goes smoothly... Depending on when in the fall you go, you could get a week in a one bedroom for pretty close to 160 points: http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-vacation-club/AK-Points.htm

160 points was the minimum for new owners back when AKV started sales. That's why there are so many of them.

Right now, you cannot book a value studio out at 11 months. I have been looking daily, and for studios, club and value, the first night is already gone.

Because I recently used the RAT and got a CL studio for 2 nights in April, I have had the time and inclination to check. One bedrooms CL and value are often available but studios are not.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!