AKL-Noise, construction and PortOPottie view

Loverly

Lots of Chocolates for me to eat
First-I was upgraded from Parking lot to a lovely Savanah view King/sofa/fride room at AKL

BUT-the CM LIED when she said we would not even see the construction

If you are on the left side of the AKL you will see and hear (at 6am) construction (The center of the "U" and right side dont see it)

We were awakened most mornings at 6am with Big truck/tractor noise (and we had a noise machine) and a lovely view of 20 Port-O-Potties all in a row!:scared1:

Also-the bar/lounge was terribly understaffed. went there one eve around 7pm and had to wait at bar to order drinks & there was no Appetiser menu like previous visit. only ONE barmaid behind bar-no waitresses-disappointing.

We changed our reservation to AKL we have a pool view. Does anyone know if this view is affected by the construction noise or pottie view?
Thanks

If you have a pool view then you shouldn't see any of the construction. We were on the far left in June and saw all of the construction. Luckily, the animals were still out so we were excited about that. I thought I read that even the animals have been blocked off from that far left area now. We were really on the farthest left you could be! It was a hike to the room.

Loverly:

When you say the "left side," do you mean rooms facing the Sunset Savanna?

The "U" is the Arusha? The "right side" is the Uzima?

Or perhaps you're not as familiar with the names of the savannas as I am! ;)

If it's the Sunset Savanna you're talking about, you'd be able to see the new construction going up for the DVC property from there. It can't be seen at all from the Arusha or the Uzima.

I spoke to someone at AKL a couple of days ago. The information on allears that the Sunset Savanna will have no animals on it from January 15-April 15 is indeed correct. The woman I spoke with assured me that during this period the rooms on the Sunset Savanna would not be considered to be savanna-view rooms. She was pretty sure (although not 100% certain) that if one books an SV room for this period, the room will not be on the Sunset. I hope this is the case, since I have an SV room booked for the end of January.

Loverly--Did you let the front desk at AKL know that you were unhappy with your room? Even though it was a so-called upgrade, you might have been able to change locations.

We changed our reservation to AKL we have a pool view. Does anyone know if this view is affected by the construction noise or pottie view?
Thanks

The pool view is not impacted by the construction as it is on the other side of the resort. Just so not accept a "free upgrade" to a savanna view room unless that room is going to have a view of the Arusha or Uzima savannas. Right now they are considering the rooms that overlook the Sunset Savanna to be standard view rooms. So if someone booked a standard view they could get a view of the construction as well as some animals that are not bothered by the noise out on the Sunset Savanna.

We were there Oct 17-22...I had emailed the AKL CL IPO for a week before we arrived and they promised no work was being done in the area I was to be placed at.

They were still painting on the Zebra Trail, had to keep the drapes closed unless I wanted a bunch of guys looking in. They were also painting all the inside hallways and it stunk of paint and they were pretty noisy, they started at 8am!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter