AKL- is savannah view same as deluxe room?

HaleyB

I am not a robot
I have always wanted to see the AKL and with the new room codes I am thinking of adding a few days at the end of our stay there. We are at the Pop for 7 nights on the Visa dream maker package (I wish the UPH's were discounted, then I would just upgrade the whole trip...). Also- what do you think of the bunk bed rooms? From the pictures on this website it looks like there is a daybed, two bunks and a queen bed in the deluxe rooms. Is that right?
Last questiion, I have never sttayed at a deluxe- am a picking a good one? These would be non park days, is there enough to keep us busy (but not too busy after 7 days in the parks)?
Any advice or imput is welcome.

Haley.

I think bunk beds are great. As long as your kids are old enough to use them. Our boys are only 2 and 4, so we haven't tried it with them yet. :)

The deluxe rooms give you the extra daybed, that's correct. :)

I think it would be a nice place to unwind after a week in the parks. :)

Hi!
There are standard rooms at AKL with 3 different "views": standard, water/pool, and savanna. They measure 344 square feet.
Then, there are Deluxe rooms (more square footage - 381 sq. ft. - add a daybed, and can accomodate 5 guests). The views are: Water/Pool and Savanna. They are on the 5th floor. Concierge rooms are all either deluxe rooms or suites.
For 5 guests you would need to book a Deluxe savanna view room or a Deluxe Water/Pool view room.
The room configuration you mention sounds right, especially if you are booking for 5 guests. Just request bunk beds!
I think you are picking THE BEST resort for a non-park day(s).
Congratulations!!

My family has stayed at AKL. We had a Savanna View room with Bunk Beds. My Daughters at the time were 6 and 7. It was spectacular. The room was a decent size, the girls loved the bunk beds and to wake up in the morning and see a giraffe out your window along with a number of other animals is a great way to start the day. The pool is nice, not as nice as some of the other resorts. The overall place is very appealing. Has a great African feel to it. The restraunt was very good, we ate dinner there one night and was pleased.

You can't go wrong with AKL. It's much more pricey now than when we stayed there.

Thanks everyone, I love to hear all the great reviews :) I am tempted to try and extend our trip by another few days so we can stay longer... DH would love that, it is his Supervisor I am having a hard time with. He seems to think the sky will fall if DH is out of the office more than 10 days... It is good to know he is so valued, I guess...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter