• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKL Conci/GF/Poly

FeeFeeWhite

<font color=blue>No longer needs to beg for update
I am posting this for a friend who is a newbie, so let's give her a big response please.

She is torn between staying AKL Conci, Poly Conci., and GF Conci. AKL Conci is over $1,000 cheaper.

(Maybe she can post and add to this with more details.)

I voted for AKL Conci. since it is my fav and you can't beat that $$$ savings for the time period.

My reasons for voting for AKL Conci are the quality of food offerings and it's uniqueness. Transporation is spotless there (yes bus service can be great) and the activities for the kids are great for a day out of the parks or a rainy afternoon.

Anyone?

Isn't a Garden View Concierge room at the Polynesian cheaper than Concierge at AKL?

Does she have children? That is why I choose the Polynesian. Can't beat the transportation-boat or monorail to MK and walk to TTC for direct Epcot monorail. I also love the relaxed atmosphere of the Polynesian-it feels like a world away from the hussle of the parks but yet you can see the castle and space mountain. And the tiki torches and beach and castle lit up night and the music...........

I did spend some time exploring AKL after a great breakfast at Boma and it was really nice too. The pool looked like a lot of fun and I have heard lots of good things about Concierge at AKL.

She has one DD6. We spoke of the monorail, but she said she was not concerned about the monorail. After I spoke to her today, I remember the wonderful beach area for the fireworks at the Poly. I also encouraged her to go to the Tea Party at the GF. Yes she said that for the time she was looking at the AKL Conci was cheaper than the Poly Conci.

We've done both Akl and Poly Conc. and GF GV and Lodge Tower! We prefer Poly! I just love the theming (Love those lit tiki torches at night and all that pretty landscaping)! We also love eating at Kona and Ohanas, and the use of the monorail doesn't hurt! :rotfl2: We also really enjoy having desert and cordials in the Concierge lounge while watching Wishes! Also the Hawaii building is in a great location! It's close to both Volcano pool and the quiet pool! :Pinkbounc But, whichever she choses, I am sure she will enjoy! You really can't go wrong with any of them! :cheer2:

Never have stayed Concierge but have stayed Savannah AKL and Garden View Poly...I would opt Poly. And my daughters at that age (one is still that age) loved the Poly over the AKL...they just loved the slide and pool area better and the ability to go back for a swim and be back at Splash Mountain in a snap...

Have a blast!
Tara

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter