Airmiles Armchair Chatter

If you are Shell Go+ you can get 50 miles for a car wash. The Shell store always has some instore offers for miles....things like spend $10 get 20 miles, get 10 miles for 2 Coke products etc. Just be sure that you are buying the correct items as nothing will post on the receipt and there are excluded items/products.

You can online shop through airmilesshops.ca look for stores with multipier offers. Some that post quickly are Old Navy, The Body Shop, The Bay and Walmart.

If you don't have the Air Miles app...get it. You will find all the offers there.
thank you!

Thoughts and opinions gang - hubby says less is more and just leave this as is but I'm not sure if I should do more stitching before I sew the blocks together. I'm just doing machine quilting BTW, ain't got the desire to fiddle around with hand sewing :P
That is beautiful!!!! It looks perfect!

When they are heavily stitched/quilted together, it also makes them less cuddley/squishy/fluffy. It also depends on what you use for your batting. I love to use a bamboo natural batting. It is a little more $$$ but the quality of the quilt is 1000X better than using a cheap polly fill that bunches and balls up when you wash it.

Does anyone know how to install the airmilesshops assistant? I just got a new computer and can't find the extension.

Does anyone know how to install the airmilesshops assistant? I just got a new computer and can't find the extension.
I wasn't able to find it a few weeks ago, not sure why but it's gone from the Chrome extension list. Really annoying!

What do I need to know about booking a hotel using miles? I'm trying to nail down the last few details for the cruise. I've got a car booked. It's a cash booking but will switch it to AM depending on what I find for a hotel. Are WDW resorts on AM or is it a sometimes sort of a thing. I've tried a couple of different search options and see only the Dolphin.

I've ordered some dresses for formal night. I'm trying to find some t-shirts for Pixar at Sea day. Also, trying to figure out how I can make some magnets for door decor.

Update time......
So DD has completed her first week. They docked back at PC and all crew have to be ready to go through immigration at 5am. They have to get off and immediately get back on before going about their day...even if that means they are getting off the ship for the day. She texted me that she was back in bed at 6am and would call me later.

She has been basically having a working vacation. They have had late night rehearsals....as in 1am. She has had daily appearances and had some really heart warming interactions with little kids. Also a couple of really stupid adult interactions...some lady did not think she should have to wait in the line because it was her kid's birthday. They have also had large chunks of free time. Lots of enjoying the ship has been going on. Not sure if I mentioned that they had 3 hours (free time) at one port and got off to take a wander around and found a great store that was sort of Walmart like. I thought that was great to know in the event that she needs anything. At the very least it's a place to grab a snack supply. The Castaway day she was sent to go and explore the island. I got pics of her riding bikes and eating ice cream. I asked her if she ever worked. The answer was 'this was my assignment for the day'. I suspect that this is only going to happen during this training/rehearsal period.

There was one day with rough seas and she was not feeling well at all. She has ginger gravol, sea bands and some ear patches that I found on Amazon. It didn't do much for her. Oddly, some of the others in the group thought it was super weird that she had ginger gravol. :confused3 I've read that a lot of people use Bonine when they cruise. So I'll make a trip across the boarder to get some before she goes back in January. Hopefully this next week is better. Anyone have any motion sickness tips/tricks?

As much fun as she has been having she is excited to come home next week. She misses the dog a lot and our dog had surgery this week. DD was worried and wanted to be here for that. LOL....she thinks that I haven't given the dog enough extra princess treatment. UM, hello....I've taken the dog to work with me at great disruption to my day. My mom is coming today to cook an egg for the little princess. Anyway, DD has already made several comments about organizing and packing immediately when she gets home. So I know she's excited about going back too.

Today...DH and I are going to get our booster shots so that we are ready to roll for January! I'm excited about going too.

Update time......
So DD has completed her first week. They docked back at PC and all crew have to be ready to go through immigration at 5am. They have to get off and immediately get back on before going about their day...even if that means they are getting off the ship for the day. She texted me that she was back in bed at 6am and would call me later.

She has been basically having a working vacation. They have had late night rehearsals....as in 1am. She has had daily appearances and had some really heart warming interactions with little kids. Also a couple of really stupid adult interactions...some lady did not think she should have to wait in the line because it was her kid's birthday. They have also had large chunks of free time. Lots of enjoying the ship has been going on. Not sure if I mentioned that they had 3 hours (free time) at one port and got off to take a wander around and found a great store that was sort of Walmart like. I thought that was great to know in the event that she needs anything. At the very least it's a place to grab a snack supply. The Castaway day she was sent to go and explore the island. I got pics of her riding bikes and eating ice cream. I asked her if she ever worked. The answer was 'this was my assignment for the day'. I suspect that this is only going to happen during this training/rehearsal period.

There was one day with rough seas and she was not feeling well at all. She has ginger gravol, sea bands and some ear patches that I found on Amazon. It didn't do much for her. Oddly, some of the others in the group thought it was super weird that she had ginger gravol. :confused3 I've read that a lot of people use Bonine when they cruise. So I'll make a trip across the boarder to get some before she goes back in January. Hopefully this next week is better. Anyone have any motion sickness tips/tricks?

As much fun as she has been having she is excited to come home next week. She misses the dog a lot and our dog had surgery this week. DD was worried and wanted to be here for that. LOL....she thinks that I haven't given the dog enough extra princess treatment. UM, hello....I've taken the dog to work with me at great disruption to my day. My mom is coming today to cook an egg for the little princess. Anyway, DD has already made several comments about organizing and packing immediately when she gets home. So I know she's excited about going back too.

Today...DH and I are going to get our booster shots so that we are ready to roll for January! I'm excited about going too.
What a wonderful experience for DD! I'd like that job at Castaway Cay please.

Bonine is terrific. It's meclazine if you want the generic name and buy the Walmart brand. I've used it for years for DH at WDW and when we initially went on cruises. I still have it for those extra rough days, but rarely use it now.

Good job on getting your boosters!

What do I need to know about booking a hotel using miles? I'm trying to nail down the last few details for the cruise. I've got a car booked. It's a cash booking but will switch it to AM depending on what I find for a hotel. Are WDW resorts on AM or is it a sometimes sort of a thing. I've tried a couple of different search options and see only the Dolphin.

I've ordered some dresses for formal night. I'm trying to find some t-shirts for Pixar at Sea day. Also, trying to figure out how I can make some magnets for door decor.
As far as magnets for door decor, there is a lovely FB group that do designs for no charge. You look at their albums and let them know the name of ship, date, person's name, anything you might want on it. They post the finished item on the page and you copy to your computer to print. I use magnetic paper but some just laminate and glue magnets on to that. I'll post the page here but if it doesn't work, I'll PM you.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/601254070302277/

Since we have a Pixar day at sea, I hope to see lots of pics and hear all the details. My FB group is trying to figure it all out and we are all just guessing.
As for booking hotel using miles, it's actually pretty easy. You just go into travel, then hotel and work from there. If the hotel you want isn't listed, I believe that you can get a personal shopper to price it out for you. Good luck.

What a wonderful experience for DD! I'd like that job at Castaway Cay please.

Bonine is terrific. It's meclazine if you want the generic name and buy the Walmart brand. I've used it for years for DH at WDW and when we initially went on cruises. I still have it for those extra rough days, but rarely use it now.

Good job on getting your boosters!
Thanks…that’s good to know

As far as magnets for door decor, there is a lovely FB group that do designs for no charge. You look at their albums and let them know the name of ship, date, person's name, anything you might want on it. They post the finished item on the page and you copy to your computer to print. I use magnetic paper but some just laminate and glue magnets on to that. I'll post the page here but if it doesn't work, I'll PM you.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/601254070302277/

Since we have a Pixar day at sea, I hope to see lots of pics and hear all the details. My FB group is trying to figure it all out and we are all just guessing.
As for booking hotel using miles, it's actually pretty easy. You just go into travel, then hotel and work from there. If the hotel you want isn't listed, I believe that you can get a personal shopper to price it out for you. Good luck.
That’s great. I’ve just joined the group. Thank you!

I joined a group for the specific week that we cruise. Someone posted some screen shots from the app showing a couple of PDAS things that became available for the Jan 7th sailing. I mentioned to DD about joining the group and she got all official on me. You can’t post any info, it’s all confidential. I said , I know and I have nothing to offer anyway. I’m in the group to learn.

That’s great. I’ve just joined the group. Thank you!

I joined a group for the specific week that we cruise. Someone posted some screen shots from the app showing a couple of PDAS things that became available for the Jan 7th sailing. I mentioned to DD about joining the group and she got all official on me. You can’t post any info, it’s all confidential. I said , I know and I have nothing to offer anyway. I’m in the group to learn.
Hope DCL doesn't think it's all going to be a big surprise for everyone when they cruise. There will be loads of pics and YouTube videos from that very first cruise. We will all know then. That's what I am waiting for, then the real planning can begin......(She says, rubbing hands together with an evil grin). :rotfl2:

Booking hotels online
I've done a few.
Make sure you check to see the cancelation policy on the room.
Try looking under:
Bay Lake, Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States of America
B Resort & Spa in the Disney Springs Resort Area, Lake Buena Vista
Disney's Boardwalk, Florida, United States of America
Swan
Dolphin
I used to be able to get Disney resorts to show up easily but lately not so much,,, I wonder why?
Best wishes
Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter