Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Sorry I usually search gift card in the search box. Well I hope the rest helped as well.
In the end I took a pass on the whole thing. We had some other drama happening it our house.

Here's a fun one....DH's aunt is visiting for 3 weeks (she lives overseas). She called last week and said she needed a car while she's here. Like OK....that is his problem. Fortunately for her DD's car sitting here. He told her she can have his car and only for 2 weeks. She didn't like that. She showed up yesterday....unannounced to get the car. She refused to take his car and insisted on DD's car. I'm surprised she didn't want my car. He let her take it without saying anything to me. I flipped my lid......A. I paid for that car, B. There are no additional drivers for that car. We can drive it because we are insured for unowned cars and C. Her demands make me nuts. She doesn't ask. I get riled up because she can WELL AFFORD to rent a car but she's cheap as he77. Also, her brother has a car and he's retired. Now, when DH goes over there to visit, which is like ever 7-8 years, she will let him take her car for a day or two but not the 2 weeks that he's there. Then again, he wouldn't ask for that. Anyway, that car had better be back in my driveway today....or else!

:rotfl2:or else nothing....what am I going to do? There is a whole cultural family hierarchy....she is the boss. I'm sorry but I'm so much less tolerant of this the older I get. I actually find DH less tolerant as well....I guess he is getting Canadian-ized. He would never say anything though...it is his culture and this is his dad's sister.

Hey all did anyone order MVMCP tickets through personal shopper and rem the cost? Thinking that’s my goal for next year
I’ve done it but that was 2019. Totally a guess but with the huge price increase this year I would expect to see something around 2500+ per ticket.

And BTW…I don’t do AM ‘math’

Yeah I realized that after I posted.... Days are numbered here in Ontario.
Well I called the *My Offers* line and they added 50 Airmiles as an apology.
Picked up 10 of those Crave frozen meals for 2 sons.
I also picked up some Paper Towels, mini pack of Lysol wipes for in the car use.
Total Airmiles 244 plus the bonus 50
so not bad 294 Airmiles

Hugs
Mel

She gave me this number if people have questions about the new Scene+ program
1-866-586-2805
I need 100 dream miles for a booking - are these airmiles collected as dream miles?
I have no idea, thanks for your help

I need 100 dream miles for a booking - are these airmiles collected as dream miles?
Hi
Sobeys & Foodland in Ontario are no longer doing the Airmiles program.

Metro Grocery store is still doing the program.
You can go to Metro.ca and see if you have any Airmiles attached to your card for current purchases.
Current flyer
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/13406/1492893?sourceID=10&position=48
Metro's spend 150$ get 150 Airmiles ended 2 days ago.
A new flyer should be out at 12 pm tonight for purchases starting Thursday Dec 8- Wednesday Dec 14th.

Shell has a few offers that will get you the airmiles posted a bit faster.

"are these airmiles collected as Dream Airmiles"?
If you have your Airmiles set to *Dream Airmiles * then you should earn them as such.
Check your account is not set to cash airmiles.

Hope that helps
Regards
Mel

Hi
Sobeys & Foodland in Ontario are no longer doing the Airmiles program.

Metro Grocery store still is doing the program.
You can go to Metro.ca and see if you have any Airmiles attached to your card for current purchases.
Current flyer
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/13406/1492893?sourceID=10&position=48
The spend 150$ get 150 Airmiles ended 2 days ago.
A new flyer should be out at 12 pm tonight for purchases starting Thursday Dec 8- Wednesday Dec 14th.

Shell has a few offers that will get you the airmiles posted a bit faster.

"are these airmiles collected as Dream Airmiles"?
If you have your Airmiles set to *Dream Airmiles * then you should earn them as such.
Check your account is not set to cash airmiles.

Hope that helps
Regards
Mel
thanks!

Inflation hit me today!
Ok just a OMG moment..... I bought a muffin at McDonalds this morning and their gift card swiper was not working. So I find two loonies and hand it to the lady....,mam she says ahhh it's $2.30.........
I thought I was getting money back from the loonies I gave her.

1670378421128.png
Time to bake my own!
Hugs Mel

Last edited:

If you use the McD app you can get some good deals, got kiddo a nugget meal for $5 last night (the adult one, not the kids). I do live next to one though so tend to go there for coffee more than I should :)

I’ve done it but that was 2019. Totally a guess but with the huge price increase this year I would expect to see something around 2500+ per ticket.

And BTW…I don’t do AM ‘math’
@TammyLynn33 I looked back and for a party on Dec 8, 2019 (Sunday night) the tickets were 3300 miles for 2 adults. I don't recall what the exchange rate was at that time but I'm pretty sure it was much better than it is now. So I think that my guess of approx 2500 a ticket is pretty good. Consider that prices may go up again next year and that different nights are different prices. Also, this year I believe was a total sell out so get in on it early.

If you are Shell Go+ you can get 50 miles for a car wash. The Shell store always has some instore offers for miles....things like spend $10 get 20 miles, get 10 miles for 2 Coke products etc. Just be sure that you are buying the correct items as nothing will post on the receipt and there are excluded items/products.

You can online shop through airmilesshops.ca look for stores with multipier offers. Some that post quickly are Old Navy, The Body Shop, The Bay and Walmart.

If you don't have the Air Miles app...get it. You will find all the offers there.

@TammyLynn33 I looked back and for a party on Dec 8, 2019 (Sunday night) the tickets were 3300 miles for 2 adults. I don't recall what the exchange rate was at that time but I'm pretty sure it was much better than it is now. So I think that my guess of approx 2500 a ticket is pretty good. Consider that prices may go up again next year and that different nights are different prices. Also, this year I believe was a total sell out so get in on it early.

@TammyLynn33

Because I was interested too:

Dec 8, 2019
$109 ($116.09 usd after tax) x 1.325 (average august/sept 2019 exch) =$153.82 Cad x 2 = $307.63 value
paid $347.37 value (3300/95) means 13% markup (or fixed service fee of ~$40 or exch transaction fees)

Dec 2022 price
$169 ($179.98 usd after tax) x 1.37 current exch = $246.58 Cad per ticket x 2 = $493.16
personal shopper markup 13% = $557.27
$557.27 =5866 airmiles or 2933 per ticket

I may save for this as well but using airmiles for cash somewhere and saving money for tickets will beat this slightly, especially if you have a way to shave a few $ off elsewhere (ie dvc/ap, discount ticket supplier, no exchange credit cards).

Thanks so much @dancin Disney style, much appreciated!

Ok just a OMG moment..... I bought a muffin at McDonalds this morning and their gift card swiper was not working. So I find two loonies and hand it to the lady....,mam she says ahhh it's $2.30.........
I thought I was getting money back from the loonies I gave her.
I do like to get my earl grey tea with a muffin. it's their breakfast deal for $3.15. It is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy cheaper than tim's. When I don't have muffins made (which I try to always have as they are filling, yummy and a good snack) I will pick one up there.

It used to be 2.50...but with inflation it's now 3.15 - which is still a good deal imo.

I know this doesn't apply to very many people in the country anymore (must say that I'm annoyed on behalf of the rest of the country!) Metro's offer in Ontario this week is use 95 cash miles earn 25. They have a few decent deals this week as well that I'll be checking out -
  • frozen fruit and ice cream on a stick $3.99 (but the kind I can eat has recently gone over $7!!! doubt it will be included)
  • Their rotisere chicken 9.99 has gone up to 11 and that will give hubby 2 lunches and dinners
  • Dempsters english muffins are $3.59 buy 3 get 30 miles
  • Egg whites in the carton 3/$10 buy 3 get 40 (of course I bought 2 yesterday and only earned 10 miles )

Thoughts and opinions gang - hubby says less is more and just leave this as is but I'm not sure if I should do more stitching before I sew the blocks together. I'm just doing machine quilting BTW, ain't got the desire to fiddle around with hand sewing :P I'll be adding the burgundy as sashing and binding and it's just going to be a small wall hanging above the couch in the basement to help with the empty feeling that room still has.

1670453127987.png

Anyone else hoping the 20x BF AM don’t post so they can wait til Jan to complain and have them added to count for next year 😂
I'm actually going to be following up with my Amazon at the 3 week mark since that's when the Max Pass miles are supposed to post. I hate the whole process and I'm not looking forward to pleading my case for all of them

Thoughts and opinions gang - hubby says less is more and just leave this as is but I'm not sure if I should do more stitching before I sew the blocks together. I'm just doing machine quilting BTW, ain't got the desire to fiddle around with hand sewing :P I'll be adding the burgundy as sashing and binding and it's just going to be a small wall hanging above the couch in the basement to help with the empty feeling that room still has.

View attachment 723684
I'm in love with that. It's perfect!

View attachment 723684
I love it the way it is as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter