Air travel policy updates

Where? Is that the nasal swab or antigen rapid test?
In Richmond right by the airport. I found it last night when I was searching for a friend but can't find the link for the info now. I'll tag you here if I can find it again. I believe it was an Antigen test. She's going to Shoppers in Burnaby and paying $199 a person for a PCR test. I told her about this one in Richmond for less money.
I found this one, hopefully it's ok to link it.
https://covid-medical.ca/yvr-rapid-testing/ Looks like we can test before flying out of YVR?

Thanks. I’ll have to ask Shoppers here in BC to see which does it. That will be a huge help.
oh no, just saw Starwinds post of not in BC. Dang.

It may be worth printing the press release about shoppers in alberta and ontario having the tests and then going to your shoppers and asking the pharmacist when they will be getting it. It is possible Shoppers in BC will be getting it, just at a later date and the Pharmacist might know when that is. Even if they don't know a specific date, they may know they are getting it at some point [or, that they definitely aren't getting it...].

SW

The only private lab I could find operating in MB charges $495 😬

I found this page for Manitoba: https://www.biomb.ca/covid-19-testing

The Star facility on their website says they have Antigen testing for $150 and PCR for $350. It isn't clear if they are an accredited facility as the BioScision Diagnostics facility claims they are the only accreddited one in Winnipeg. Not sure what's up with that.

So you'd have to do your homework to ensure the test is the right test and that it will be accepted.

I'm in Ontario so it looks like any Shoppers test will suffice. And for anyone else interested I found this for the return to Canada; it's about a $15 Uber:
https://covidtestingllc.com/Beside old town
Prices vary depending on speed. They can do it in half a day.

My question is would I have to return for the results, or will they email them to me. The government websites say that electronic copies of results are valid

I'm in Ontario so it looks like any Shoppers test will suffice. And for anyone else interested I found this for the return to Canada; it's about a $15 Uber:

My question is would I have to return for the results, or will they email them to me. The government websites say that electronic copies of results are valid
Thanks for this. I saved the site just in case tests are still required for fully vaccinated people when I come back from my trip in September. I hope that won't be the case but we will see.

It may be worth printing the press release about shoppers in alberta and ontario having the tests and then going to your shoppers and asking the pharmacist when they will be getting it. It is possible Shoppers in BC will be getting it, just at a later date and the Pharmacist might know when that is. Even if they don't know a specific date, they may know they are getting it at some point [or, that they definitely aren't getting it...].

SW
Good idea!

Our Minister of Transportation said we know more in the coming weeks (not months). Now, that could be 25 weeks, but let's hope they mean something more like 6 weeks.
I hope we know something by early July!

In Richmond right by the airport. I found it last night when I was searching for a friend but can't find the link for the info now. I'll tag you here if I can find it again. I believe it was an Antigen test. She's going to Shoppers in Burnaby and paying $199 a person for a PCR test. I told her about this one in Richmond for less money.
I wonder if we can do the test before flight? I have a late afternoon flight out. Taking the red eye. Or does it have to be 3 days before travel?

https://covid-medical.ca/yvr-rapid-testing/ Looks like we can test before flying out of YVR?
great link. Yes, I wonder too if we can do it at YVR before flight.

great info. I’ve been looking for places around WDW and didn’t see this one. Wish we didn’t have to do PCR. I noticed email links, I think I’ll shoot them an email in July when hopefully we’ll have some official word.

Ok, I feel stupid for asking this but—-Our govt web site days this, below. So it’s within 72 hrs of connecting flight into Canada. So I’m connecting in Seattle at 3:55pm
Here‘s the stupid part, lol. Does it have to be exactly 72 hrs? Can it be later? Like 48 hrs for example? According to web site for lab @Juventus posted, they are giving you same day results for PCR test. Just trying to work getting the dang test into our plans.
  • take the test within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time of your flight to Canada
    • if you have a connecting flight:
      • the test must be conducted within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time of your last direct flight to Canada

I just phoned them. Yes we can book test day we fly out. Takes 20 to get printed report. To be safe I’ll probably book tests 3.5 - 4 hrs before flights. Have to have time to check luggage, and get through security and US customs. I have Nexus but when I flew last November there was no security for Nexus. Don’t know if they brought it back yet or not.

I just phoned them. Yes we can book test day we fly out. Takes 20 to get printed report. To be safe I’ll probably book tests 3.5 - 4 hrs before flights. Have to have time to check luggage, and get through security and US customs. I have Nexus but when I flew last November there was no security for Nexus. Don’t know if they brought it back yet or not.
That sounds easy enough. We fly out of Prince George but usually have a layover in Vancouver that should be long enough to allow for that. Unless I can find a price comparable option in Prince George that is likely what we’ll do if required.

That sounds easy enough. We fly out of Prince George but usually have a layover in Vancouver that should be long enough to allow for that. Unless I can find a price comparable option in Prince George that is likely what we’ll do if required.
Hopefully you have at least an hour layover! Sit as close to front of plane as you can to get out early! I‘m not sure if the testing site is before or after security. But you can call. Do you go through customs at YVR?

Hopefully you have at least an hour layover! Sit as close to front of plane as you can to get out early! I‘m not sure if the testing site is before or after security. But you can call. Do you go through customs at YVR?
Yes we go through customs at YVR. I'm fighting with our flights right now. I booked yesterday for August with our Avion points to fly into Orange County for our DLR and San Diego trip. This morning I got an email that Westjet has cancelled our flight and put us on completely different flights taking us into LAX instead of Orange County which I suppose isn't the end of the world except the return date isn't even the same! I cancelled because it gave me that option but instead of getting the expected refund because WestJet cancelled our original flights, our travel points and money are now tied up in a travel credit that we can only use through Westjet. I feel like since it was WestJet that cancelled the flights we selected and paid for we should be getting a refund, not a WestJet only travel bank. This prevents us from using those points to book with Air Canada now to get us there on the correct dates. Sitting on hold with RBC Rewards right now. :headache:

Yes we go through customs at YVR. I'm fighting with our flights right now. I booked yesterday for August with our Avion points to fly into Orange County for our DLR and San Diego trip. This morning I got an email that Westjet has cancelled our flight and put us on completely different flights taking us into LAX instead of Orange County which I suppose isn't the end of the world except the return date isn't even the same! I cancelled because it gave me that option but instead of getting the expected refund because WestJet cancelled our original flights, our travel points and money are now tied up in a travel credit that we can only use through Westjet. I feel like since it was WestJet that cancelled the flights we selected and paid for we should be getting a refund, not a WestJet only travel bank. This prevents us from using those points to book with Air Canada now to get us there on the correct dates. Sitting on hold with RBC Rewards right now. :headache:
You’re right, since they changed flights you are entitled to a full refund.
and LAX is alot further away.

For what it’s worth I use Alaska Airlines. Best customer service ever. Short flight from YVR to SeaTac, then to SNA.

Last edited:
You’re right, since they changed flights you are entitled to a full refund.
and LAX is alot further away.

For what it’s worth I use Alaska Airlines. Best customer service ever. Short flight from YVR to SeaTac, then to SNA.
I gave up on the phone after being on hold for 90 minutes so I'm going to try again tomorrow. Hopefully everyone is at work so they aren't phoning about their flights. Thanks for confirming that I'm not the only one that thinks I'm entitled to a refund!

I gave up on the phone after being on hold for 90 minutes so I'm going to try again tomorrow. Hopefully everyone is at work so they aren't phoning about their flights. Thanks for confirming that I'm not the only one that thinks I'm entitled to a refund!
My experience is with Air Canada, but they did not agree with that in a similar situation that I was entitled to a refund. They cancelled my flight to Orlando earlier this year, and had me flying to Fort Lauderdale. Didn't change my return flight. When I called to cancel and get a refund, they said I wasn't entitled to a refund because I bought a nonrefundable ticket and I was the one canceling the trip. I eventually gave up on trying to argue with them and just took the credit.

The AC website is quite explicit : any cancelled flight, or modification of more than 3 hours, entitles you to a refund

Attachments

• refund.jpg
    refund.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 3
My experience is with Air Canada, but they did not agree with that in a similar situation that I was entitled to a refund. They cancelled my flight to Orlando earlier this year, and had me flying to Fort Lauderdale. Didn't change my return flight. When I called to cancel and get a refund, they said I wasn't entitled to a refund because I bought a nonrefundable ticket and I was the one canceling the trip. I eventually gave up on trying to argue with them and just took the credit.
The difference in policy here has to do with the federal loan given to Air Canada in March. One of the conditions was that they had to issue refunds instead of credits for flight disruptions. WestJet didn’t take a similar loan and has no compulsion to change their policies. Now what I’m not clear on is whether the AC rule change applies retroactively or only going forward. :confused3 I just booked a bunch of different flights this week on WJ; finally using up all my credits from last year. They are cancel or change with no penalty but there is no refund option on the economy class tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter