Adventures by Disney

hereigns

Earning My Ears
This may have another thread but I don't see it and I'm curious to know what others think of those prices!!!!!!! Oh my! I thought a cruise was expensive! Disney vacations sound great, my husband really wants to see London and Paris. $12,000 for a week, for a family of 4, NOT including airfare! That's beyond ridiculous in my opinion, anyone else?

When they first announced this I sent an email to a friend of mine who was interested in going to Wyoming!! He said to me I think we are going to do this....$3400.00 isnt that bad and I really want to go West....I said HELLOOO!!............ it is $$3400.00 PER person and a slight discount per child...Plus airfare and guide gratutities. I believe it came out to 13,000 for his family of 5. He received the "brochure" which is a very nice booklet and saw for himself the true price. Needless to say they arent going!

I've just asked about this on these boards a few days ago and got a reply that there is someone who is a travel agent who possibly went and might have feedback. I'd have to go back and see the thread I posted about this. I think I put it under "Not sure if this is the place to ask..." or something like that.
Those vacations look so amazing. With the exception of the Hawaii trips, which I really think a family could put something like that together themselves, the itineraries sound like a once in a lifetime family vacation of things out of the ordinary. Most meals are included, lodging, transportation (excluding airfare), activities, guides, etc. If you were to put that together yourselves, it would all add up. What you are probably paying for is a unique family experience put together Disney style. A Europe or Costa Rican trip is not something I probably would have considered for my family, but after reading those, they become tempting. My son just swooned over the Wyoming trip, but my youngest is 4, and the trip is only opened to ages 8 and up. The prices are really high, but I must admit, I would be tempted to consider it if I knew it was as awesome as it sounds. Not that we have those kinds of funds allocated for vacations, but it would be a sacrifice to save up, just like many do for WDW or a Disney Cruise.
I would LOVE to have feedback from anyone who has done these or plan to do them as well.
I'm glad others are curious as well! :)

Keep in mind that the first season of the cruise was priced way beyond what it currently sells for. The prices for the trips seem really high to me--we're doing Europe on our own for less than 1/2 of the Disney Adventures cost.

However....it will become a supply and demand thing--if they sell out, the high prices will continue. If not, they will drop.

My daughter is only 3, so we are at least 5 years away from being able to do this, but I have to say I suffered from severe sticker shock after adding up all the numbers. If the prices came down a bit and greater discounts were offered for kids, then I might consider it down the road.

hereigns said:
This may have another thread but I don't see it and I'm curious to know what others think of those prices!!!!!!! Oh my! I thought a cruise was expensive! Disney vacations sound great, my husband really wants to see London and Paris. $12,000 for a week, for a family of 4, NOT including airfare! That's beyond ridiculous in my opinion, anyone else?

The thing that drives the prices up on these is that the hotels chosen are all 5* hotels. If Disney would offer some with 3* hotels I think it would make it more affordable to some

Got the brochure and was so excited til I saw the prices! Nope...won't be going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!