ADR Strategy

blackwo1

Earning My Ears
I will be trying for the following ADRs in a couple weeks for a group of 8-12. Advice on the best order for these? What are the chances of getting Ohana 180 days out, should I switch to later in the week?

Saturday - Ohana dinner (8)
Sunday - Trattoria al Forno breakfast (8)
Monday - Sci Fi Lunch (8)
Tuesday - Cape May dinner (8)
Wednesday - Beaches n Cream dessert (lunch) (?)
Thursday - Garden Grill breakfast (12)
Via Napoli early dinner (12)
Friday- 50's Prime time café lunch or dinner (12)

It it was me, I'd try for Ohana later in the week? At least have it later as a backup plan?

I'd try for them in this order: Ohana, Garden Grill (especially if PPO), Sci Fi, 50s PTC, Beaches & Cream, Via Napoli, Trattoria al Forno, Cape May

Agree with previous poster, have a backup plan for ohana. You may get lucky esp if you're willing to eat and an off time, but it's a long shot. Also, keep in mind beaches and cream is closing at the end of August for refurbishment. No reopening date has been announced yet, it just says it will be closed through winter. Reservations cannot be made for any time beyond August at the moment.

You might need some backup plans or be prepared to split your party up into 2 ADRs, especially for those 12 ADR meals. GG and 50's may not be able to sit a party that size. GG would probably be best to make 2 ADRs and ask for booths that are next to each other when you check in. I would also consider making 2 ADRs for parties of 4 for Sci-Fi so that 2 people aren't left far from everyone else, which is possible there. Also, we tried to book an ADR for 50's for a party of 8 and our only options were off peak times (between 1:45-3:45 and after 8). Just a couple of things to think about and prepare for just in case.

You might need some backup plans or be prepared to split your party up into 2 ADRs, especially for those 12 ADR meals. GG and 50's may not be able to sit a party that size. GG would probably be best to make 2 ADRs and ask for booths that are next to each other when you check in. I would also consider making 2 ADRs for parties of 4 for Sci-Fi so that 2 people aren't left far from everyone else, which is possible there. Also, we tried to book an ADR for 50's for a party of 8 and our only options were off peak times (between 1:45-3:45 and after 8). Just a couple of things to think about and prepare for just in case.

Will the system allow me to make two ADRs for the same time (i.e. two parties of 4?)? Or how do I do that?

Agree with previous poster, have a backup plan for ohana. You may get lucky esp if you're willing to eat and an off time, but it's a long shot. Also, keep in mind beaches and cream is closing at the end of August for refurbishment. No reopening date has been announced yet, it just says it will be closed through winter. Reservations cannot be made for any time beyond August at the moment.

Thanks, I knew it was under refurbishment, just didn't know it would be closed through winter. I'll take that one off my list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter