Adam and Katies 10/2/2010 SBP/Attic/?? ~ brainstorming!

Katie,
I think you have gottn your answers covered, because in the end all it comes down to is what is going to make you and Adam happy.

Planning an at home wedding is stressful enough, then adding in the family is a whole new level, sometimes you may think its worth it, sometimes its really not. its unfortunately only something you can sit back and decide.

A disney wedding may be something that is just what you need, you have plenty of time to plan, and this isnt the first time you have been stressed by family issues. If you are upset already and having fears of what will happen now, i just worry how you will be that day, this is your day and all that should be going through your head is how happy you are

Ultimately this is your day (and adams too somewhat haha) you need to make yourself happy......nobody should be hurt or disapointed if you choose to do a disney escape wedding....they should be happy for you. or if you choose an at home wedding then they should be just as happy but either way they shouldnt give opinions and they should nt make you upset

you just need to sit down and sit back with adam look at all your options, and decide for yourselves -what will make you smile the most on that day

Thanks Meghan!

I'm so confused. :confused3 I emailed my aunt and asked her what her opinion was... and she was pretty on board with whatever i decide to do but she was leaning more towards keeping the wedding here as oppsed to disney (which surpised me since shes my DVC, Disney Lovin, Mickey is the only man in her life aunt) She said that My family is my family and regardless of what I might think now that doesn't neccesarily mean that things will all go down the tubes on my special day. She's afraid i'm not going to do what I want to do because i'm worried about everyone else. I think i'm going to sit down with adam tonight, finalize the guest list for our wedding here and really think about how we want to do this.

Lol...you shouldnt ALWAYS do what your DF wants....if I did then i would be getting married @ the courthouse!

:lmao: DF would LOVE to do that! Sometimes i feel like i would too but that quickly fades away. ;)

To be honest ladies I will admit to have a severe anxiety problem... but i've had it for a few years because my family situation was alot worse before i met DF. (I guess you could say he's my real life prince charming:)) I've just had some of the most important days in my life ruined, prom, graduation, my band concert (yes i was a band geek:rolleyes:) college, the first night in the new house.... i'm just so worried all the time because it's all i seem to know.

My aunt's moto of the day to me was "if you don't know what to do, Don't do ANYTHING!" and I'm going to stick with that for right now. We'll see how i feel after i talk to everyone involved and take a few days to think it over with DF.

Thank you girls for helping me out... i really really really appreciate it :grouphug:

Awww Katie! I an see the girls on here have already given you amazing advice:goodvibes. I am sure you will be happy with whatever wedding you choose, just make sure it is what you and your DF want, not what someone says you should do. When we were at the beginning parts or planning our DFTW I was very unsure of all the how to's but I will say that right now I am very calm about the wedding.

I have 8 weddings this year so I am constantly surrounded by bride to be's who are my nearest and dearest friends. Out of all of us I am the most relaxed because I know DFTW will take care of anything we need and I am not running around making tons of calls and setting up meetings with every vendor known to man.

In terms of the Granite Rose, I would call and see what can be done if you decide DFTW is the way to go. I am sure they will work with you, maybe you could have a shower or party afterwards there for a reduced rate on an "off" day... the way the economy is right now I would be very surprised if they didn't give you any options ya know?

Hello girls! :grouphug:

Sorry it took me a while to update... i just didn't want to say anything to anyone until we had made some sort of a decision. So after talking about it all week DF and I are 90% sure we'd rather "escape" to dinsey than do the wedding here. The more we thought about it the more it made sense for us and it was something that made us both more excited and happy. I took the plunge and called D***. I was told by the women who answered the phone that she'd take all of my information and she'd have a wedding planner call me back in the next few buisness days. I'm going to refer to my wedding planner, kristi, as my Disney wedding fairy godmother. (DWFG) She called me back yesterday and i talked to her for a good 15 mins about EVERYTHING. She answered all my questions and I told her that DF and I were planning on talking to the people who matter this weekend to get their thoughts on the idea. She was very helpful and gave me some pointers to talking to the parental units about it and how to make them feel better about it... i think she's had experience with parental units not being supportive, cause she had some good pointers! :laughing: She even emailed me an escape kit that has all kinds of information on it, like JP's we can use and cosmotologists we can have come to the hotel room to do our hair and makeup. It even has an escape wedding itinerary so DF and I would know exactly what to expect the day of the wedding. :cloud9: I felt sooooo good after talking to me DWFG. I printed out the kit and looked at all the JP's and cosmotologists I was just so happy!

Then my cell phone rings.... It was my dad. He said that he wants to come over tonight and "discuss" the decisions we're making about the wedding... I don't mean to sound like a spoiled brat or anything but my dad has this way of talking that sounds like he's talking down to you, like your five or something, i can't explain it but it just aggrevates me!:mad: Not to mention that my dad JUST started talking to me after 4 years. (long story won't bore you) So he doesn't even really know me enough to say anything but i'm worried about how he is going to react to this. DF said he's back me up on everything and even said that he's alittle irritated himself at how much dad is treating me. So tonight ought to be interesting.

As far as DF's family goes... he isn't too worried about them. He thinks that even if they aren't 100% on board they'll still do it because its what will make us happy. DF and I will be going down to their hosue this weekend with all the info we have and see how they react to it. So fingers crossed they'll be ok with everything.

Ok now that thats out of the way....

I COULD BE A DFTW BRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!

:yay::woohoo::dance3::cool1::cheer2::yay::woohoo::dance3::cool1:

Even if everyone gives us a hard time i can't get over the fact that my dreams of being a disney bride might come true! :bride:

Ok i should be working right now... i'll talk to you girls later!:grouphug:

maybe ill have to change my wedding date so i can sneak to your wedding if you have it in disney :rotfl2: good luck tonight...just remember this day is for you....dont let anyone guilt you into anything else for their benefit...on a brighter note its going to be almost 70 and sunny tomorrow so if tonight doesnt go as planned you can start humming the annie song and think about the warm weather finally coming back ( the sun will come out tomorrow..:lmao:) good luck!

Its true - dont let anyone guilt trip you into having a wedding that THEY want. I had it with my family a bit- where my stepmum (who speaks for my dad!! grr) say that its going to be really expensive for them to travel and because of that then they cant give us any money towards the wedding .. and said if we were to have it in the UK then they would be able to give us a few thousand for the wedding and basically help us out a lot - so yeah, they were trying to make it easier for THEM.. and not us .. and we dont really care, i mean, it would be nice for some money in support terms, but we dont care about money- we are having what WE want. I swear they keep trying to try to make us change our mind because they dont want to go to disney or do the travelling because they only like to go on holiday in Spain or somewhere cheap like that (even though they have money!!)

Dont stress yourself out about it.. no matter how hard of a time either family may give you, you need to think of yourself and DF. - Just think, if you was to go along with what they want you to- will you regret it? YOU need to what whatever wedding YOU want.

I hope everything turns out okay, im sure it will, although there will always be some obsticules but as long as you and DF are getting what you want, then you can be strong together and fight the world!! hehe

Congrats! Hope tonight goes well for you:goodvibes

Thanks Sam! :thumbsup2

maybe ill have to change my wedding date so i can sneak to your wedding if you have it in disney :rotfl2: good luck tonight...just remember this day is for you....dont let anyone guilt you into anything else for their benefit...on a brighter note its going to be almost 70 and sunny tomorrow so if tonight doesnt go as planned you can start humming the annie song and think about the warm weather finally coming back ( the sun will come out tomorrow..:lmao:) good luck!

:rotfl2: We could crash each others wedding! that would be awesome! Are you doing an escape or a wishes wedding? Do you know which location you want yet? DF really want SBP... I kind of do too!:goodvibes

DF and I took tomorrow off, so we'll be able to enjoy all the nice weather!:woohoo: I can't wait... and i will definatly be singing the annie song! DF and I watched the sounf of music last weekend, it was on ABC family, and i've been singing rain drops on roses in my head all day to make me feel better! :rotfl:

Its true - dont let anyone guilt trip you into having a wedding that THEY want. I had it with my family a bit- where my stepmum (who speaks for my dad!! grr) say that its going to be really expensive for them to travel and because of that then they cant give us any money towards the wedding .. and said if we were to have it in the UK then they would be able to give us a few thousand for the wedding and basically help us out a lot - so yeah, they were trying to make it easier for THEM.. and not us .. and we dont really care, i mean, it would be nice for some money in support terms, but we dont care about money- we are having what WE want. I swear they keep trying to try to make us change our mind because they dont want to go to disney or do the travelling because they only like to go on holiday in Spain or somewhere cheap like that (even though they have money!!)

Dont stress yourself out about it.. no matter how hard of a time either family may give you, you need to think of yourself and DF. - Just think, if you was to go along with what they want you to- will you regret it? YOU need to what whatever wedding YOU want.

I hope everything turns out okay, im sure it will, although there will always be some obsticules but as long as you and DF are getting what you want, then you can be strong together and fight the world!! hehe

Thanks stacy! :hug:

The money thing is whats making DF's family alittle weary but I mean us disney brides aren't the only people who do Destination Weddings.. right? I mean does everyone have this problem? The way DF feels... if we mean enough to them they'll find a way to get there.

DF and I are paying for our wedding ourselves regardless of the location which is also another reason why this is OUR decision to make. So if anyone is really that opposed to it then i'll just say "ok well how about YOU can pay for the wedding here" It's just so hard to be so relaxed about it like DF. He isn't worried in the least... he's more relieved about doing the wedding in Disney than worried about how people will reactto it. I just hate when people aren't happy with me. But here is my new philosophy for the day "Hakuna Matata" (i posted that as my status on facebook and my friends think i'm nuts! :rotfl2:)

Alright well i'm off to prep for my interogation tonight! talk later!

:lovestruc

i know its hard but you need to be pretty selfish - its your wedding. Its true- you are paying for it so whats the problem.. if people only have to find the money to get there then surely isnt it the same if it was a different part of the country- i think sometimes, well with my family- my dad and his family have not been to disney, in fact they never travel anywhere thats a flight longer than 4 hours.. but thr disney thing- some people really dont care about disney, like they think its crap or something - or almost like a joke? My DF told his Dads step daughter (the first time he met her!) about the wedding and pretty much laughed in his face - and basically thought it would be tacky (this is coming from a girl that would have her wedding in south of france ect.. to prove a point- she is trying to be something she is not). I mean, yeah that hurt, and my god, if i was there at that time there would have been a massive fight because some people just dont understand do they?

I just want you to remember that no matter what, its your day, both you and your DF's day- dont do anything you will regretl. You need to look back and think, wow, im so happy with our disney wedding- it was exactly what i wanted ect...

so yeah, if your parents bring up the money issue- then say you are paying for it and you want them just to be there. (when my step mum told me that they could pay for our wedding if it was in UK i just said ''well we DONT want to get married here, we want it in disney so theres nothing else to it''.

To be honest, you dont even have to justify why you want to get married in ANY place .. people should respect what you want for your day. I think maybe you should sit and talk with them all and maybe explain why you are having it there and they might lay off you a bit?

Its just so great that you have such strong support from your DF - no matter what troubles come up ...

Sorry to have been MIA...
I've had a bit of a crisis myself...
seems my Drew boy fell out of the swings while we were at a neighbors house for an Easter party on Saturday and Broke not one but BOTH of his arms in the process.

Uh, yeah- that's been fun.:sad2:

Anyway-----
you already have the Princess dress...:lovestruc
girl, you need to ride in that Princess carriage too!!!

Yay for a Disney wedding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy tomorrow's weather!

Jo

:lovestruc

i know its hard but you need to be pretty selfish - its your wedding. Its true- you are paying for it so whats the problem.. if people only have to find the money to get there then surely isnt it the same if it was a different part of the country- i think sometimes, well with my family- my dad and his family have not been to disney, in fact they never travel anywhere thats a flight longer than 4 hours.. but thr disney thing- some people really dont care about disney, like they think its crap or something - or almost like a joke? My DF told his Dads step daughter (the first time he met her!) about the wedding and pretty much laughed in his face - and basically thought it would be tacky (this is coming from a girl that would have her wedding in south of france ect.. to prove a point- she is trying to be something she is not). I mean, yeah that hurt, and my god, if i was there at that time there would have been a massive fight because some people just dont understand do they?

I just want you to remember that no matter what, its your day, both you and your DF's day- dont do anything you will regretl. You need to look back and think, wow, im so happy with our disney wedding- it was exactly what i wanted ect...

so yeah, if your parents bring up the money issue- then say you are paying for it and you want them just to be there. (when my step mum told me that they could pay for our wedding if it was in UK i just said ''well we DONT want to get married here, we want it in disney so theres nothing else to it''.

To be honest, you dont even have to justify why you want to get married in ANY place .. people should respect what you want for your day. I think maybe you should sit and talk with them all and maybe explain why you are having it there and they might lay off you a bit?

Its just so great that you have such strong support from your DF - no matter what troubles come up ...

Thank you stacy! I'm glad i'm not the only one whose going through this. :upsidedow I definatly am glad i have DF behind me on everything. The more people I talk to the more i'm begining to have the feelings of "this is what i want.. take it or leave it" I feel so much better about everything.... Now if only i can get some of my deposit back from the reception hall... :rolleyes:

Sorry to have been MIA...
I've had a bit of a crisis myself...
seems my Drew boy fell out of the swings while we were at a neighbors house for an Easter party on Saturday and Broke not one but BOTH of his arms in the process.

Uh, yeah- that's been fun.:sad2:

Anyway-----
you already have the Princess dress...:lovestruc
girl, you need to ride in that Princess carriage too!!!

Yay for a Disney wedding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy tomorrow's weather!

Jo

Oh no!! How is drew boy?? :eek: Poor kid... both arms!!!! How long will he be in a cast? I hope he's alright and not in too much pain. Give him a hug for me!:hug:

I don't know about affording the princess carriage but i'll definatly be in all my princess glory! :love: :woohoo:

Congrats!!! Don't let any family members stand in your way!!!! If that's what you and DF want, than do it!!!!! Don't even ask the family... just tell them how it is!! Let us know how it goes!

Congrats!!! Don't let any family members stand in your way!!!! If that's what you and DF want, than do it!!!!! Don't even ask the family... just tell them how it is!! Let us know how it goes!

Thanks angela!

Thats exactly how Df told me we're going to talk about it. Not that we're asking and/or looking for approval... but that we're telling them what we want and that we aren't changing our minds. Stand Firm!:thumbsup2

Oh man ladies... I'm such a sap!

So i'm enjoying my nice day off. DF went to play basketball with a friend this morning so i'm enjoying the peace!:thumbsup2 So i'm sitting here waiting for him to get home so we can take the dogs for a walk and outta no where i start crying... i thought... why the H-E double hockey sticks am I crying for?:confused3 I was thinking about plans for my wedding! This is the engagement that i've been this happy. :lovestruc:cloud9: I keep thinking about which flowers i want to pick, and which resturaunte we should eat at after, and which resort we should take everyone to after the meal! I'm just so excited! :yay::banana::yay::banana:

I know most of you are wishes brides but are any of you escape brides? What are your plans? I'd love to hear them!

Alright i'm off to dance around my house again! :woohoo::dance3::cheer2:

Happy tears!!!:cutie:
This goes to show this is what you need to do-regardless of what people say
the sun is shining the birds are out (even in downtown boston i can hear them through my office windows!) put on some disney music dance around the house and think about having that first dance on disney property!
yu deserve it!!

PS-since i posted 2 seconds after you can you tell im not in work mode today! Fridays are bad enough but come on its the first nice day in forever!

and to answer your question from earlier--no disney bride here :guilty: just a disney honeymooner

Awe Meghan tell your boss you aren't feelin well and you need to go home and get in bed!:laughing:

I heard on the news that the swan boats are going back in and i got excited! I haven't been on the swan boats since i was like 10 years old... idk why it got me excited!

And yes i'm so happy that i'm having happy tears. i dont even know why or how i started crying i just realized i was crying all of a sudden... it was really weird but a good wierd!:goodvibes

Now if only DF would get home so i can take this crazy pups for a walk on the beach!

Thats great if you choose a Disney Wedding. Just do whatever makes you happy you only get married once. BTW I love love love the castle cake! Where did u find that picture.

Thats great if you choose a Disney Wedding. Just do whatever makes you happy you only get married once. BTW I love love love the castle cake! Where did u find that picture.

Thanks ann. The castle cake is made by the vendor that worked with our function hall. They are located in New Hampshire and they have all their wedding cakes posted on their website. If you want i can PM you the website so you can copy the picture if you want to use it for inspiration for your cake! Just let me know!:goodvibes

Alright so quick update from work at 6:25 am!:surfweb:

So dad bailed on me... which i should've seen coming since its not the first or last time he's done that to me. :mad: Here's what happened, he told me he'd call me thursday and let me know what time i should expect him that night. Well at 5:30 DF was compaining that he was hungry so i said fine i'll call him and see whats up. So i called and apparently i woke him from a "nap" (nap being code for he forgot) He started rambling off excuses why he wasn't going to come up and then said he'd call me over the weekend and we can talk about things then. guess what... no phone call all weekend... :mad::headache:

So after a few curse words and irritation I calmed down and over all had a great weekend with DF. We took the puppies for a nice Looooong walk on the beach,:lovestruc went out for dinner and worked on the bathroom. We tried calling FMIL a few times on saturday but apparently she was out and about.

Yesterday FBIL called DF and asked if he could come over and change out the breaks on his car. Around 4 o'clock FBIL and his GF showed up. The boys went outside to work on the car and the girls stayed inside. Me and the GF were talking and got on the subject of the wedding. Her and I aren't that close but right away she asked me about the Disney idea...:eek: How did she know? I fished around for alittle more info and apparently DF's other brother had mentioned it to her. :confused: How did he know? So i talked alittle bit about it to her and we also talked about some family drama (which was good... i needed to talk to someone outside the family about it) and that was pretty much it. Once the boys were done with the car we ordered a pizza and hung out.

After they left I asked DF if he had mentioned Disney to either of his brothers... he said no and that the only person he brought it up to was his Mom. I asked him to try calling her again so we could discuss it but at that point it was late and we needed to get to bed. I was so bummed that we didn't get to speak to her and get her take on the whole thing. :sad2: I really wanted to make this a sure thing...

DF promised that he'd give his mother another call this afternoon and try feeling her out again but we'll see. :upsidedow

Aww Katie, hopefully all the talk is because people are excited about the possibility of a DFTW. I think once people understand why you are doing it they are much more recpetive to fact that it is actually a really fun wedding idea:goodvibes. What is your take on the whole situation? Do you think your DF's family likes the DFTW idea? :confused3

Remember if all else fails just put on your hater blockers:cool2: lol:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter