Adam and Katies 10/2/2010 SBP/Attic/?? ~ brainstorming!

just me popping in from the 2010 board and the new england area haha (hi again!) just wanted to say that your dress is beautiful! and i think set #3 is stunning, and would match the dress wonderfully, but then again i just like it and i wouuld force it to match

who knows with the time you have you may find something with an even more wow factor!

just me popping in from the 2010 board and the new england area haha (hi again!) just wanted to say that your dress is beautiful! and i think set #3 is stunning, and would match the dress wonderfully, but then again i just like it and i wouuld force it to match

who knows with the time you have you may find something with an even more wow factor!

Hey teddy!!!

Thanks for coming over! I'm glad you like the dress. :goodvibes

I still am not 100% with the jewelry. I think i'm going to keep looking around. :upsidedow

I hope you enjoy my PJ and stick with me :thumbsup2

hey--
:goodvibes
Well, if it were me-- I'd totally get #3. I think that it matches the dress beautifully. So elegant, just like the dress.

Can't wait to see the pics of the renovations-- I remember last year when we both were buying houses-- and all the frustrations of moving.:sad2:

Here's my secret---
I still have pictures leaning on walls-- eeek! :scared1: :rotfl2: I just need to bite the bullet and wham-o them into the wall.

Um- but not today-- today, I shop!!!!:woohoo:

I'll check in later!

Have a good day---!:)

JO

Oooh...that dress is STUNNING! I really like the last set of jewelry - I am not usually a fan of matchy matchy, but it just looks so perfect to me....sigh. Y'all are making me want to get married again, and it hasn't been a year!

Hey ladies...

Just wanted to pop in real quick.... sadly my company made some bad choices financially and we just leanred that lay offs are starting to take place. I'm alittle freaked out and have been sick to my stomache all day. I'll try and come back later tonight to chat with you all but right now i'm going to start job hunting...

I've sucessfully applied to 6 jobs. :thumbsup2 I went on monster and craigslist and emailed my resumes to everything I qualified for. I'm going to think positively... everything happens for a reason so i'm just going to sit back with a glass of wine now and relax... my nerves can't keep getting the best of me right?...Right!

Ok so I need some distractions! What can i start thinking about wedding wise? Pick a topic for me to focus on....

-BM dresses
-Tuxes
-Flowers
-Hair
-Jewelry
-Cakes
- Invitations
-favors
-Make-up style
-Disneymoon plans

Alright pick one ladies! Let's plan/distract katie from unemployement :lmao:

crazy eh- my boss came into work today and said he no longer works for the company and left within ten minutes, was a huge board meeting and yeah, they just laid off the manager of our company in london with NO notice! just gone, just like that. It was very wierd in the office today. i think my job is safe, but no one is safe these days!!

i love your dress by the way, i cant believe it to be honest! a great find, yay for you!

i know what you mean about the disney jewellery being really expensive! they are really nice those ones you picked out, i think matching the jewellery to your to the detailed parts of the dress, the diamonte areas, would look stunning.

ill keep a look out for you if i see that disney jewellery any cheaper!

x

crazy eh- my boss came into work today and said he no longer works for the company and left within ten minutes, was a huge board meeting and yeah, they just laid off the manager of our company in london with NO notice! just gone, just like that. It was very wierd in the office today. i think my job is safe, but no one is safe these days!!

i love your dress by the way, i cant believe it to be honest! a great find, yay for you!

i know what you mean about the disney jewellery being really expensive! they are really nice those ones you picked out, i think matching the jewellery to your to the detailed parts of the dress, the diamonte areas, would look stunning.

ill keep a look out for you if i see that disney jewellery any cheaper!

x

Welcome Stacey!

I'm glad you like my dress! Bummer about your manager's being laid off like that. Thats kind of how lay offs are going my in company too... just coming and telling works "sorry but you gotta go!" Sad really!

Anyway Thanks for keeping an eye out for jewelry for me!:goodvibes

Hey there Katiebug-

how was today??

Jo

Hey Jo,

things went ok today... not other lay offs so far but one of the CFO's were in and watching every move we all made. My boss got some good news though and apparently it'll only be one day a week of awkwardness the rest of the week it'll be buisness as usual. So we'll see... I did however get a phone call about a job i had applied for. :thumbsup2

I also got my hair done! :woohoo: I threw DFI a bone and threw some blonde highlights in there ;)

I'll take some pictures of it later!

what about a silver sash? or platinum? since white would be out the silver could be the next best thing!

i think for flowers throwing in some white wouldnt be an issue. gerber daisies are in bloom that time of year i think and when done right along with navy roses would look gorgeous (personal opinion lol)...however what about blue/purplish hydrangeas or iris flowers for the bouquets? or i have read elsewhere people adding in a hint of bright green or yellow with the blue flowers to really make them pop

im thinking blues and silvers for my wedding to and was planning at looking at hydrangeas and iris's...so thats about all ive got hahaha

but if you go with silk flowers you really have the capability of creating anything, even a different bouquet for each bridesmaid. if you chose to do red, maybe you could skip the white and just do silver (therefore avoiding patriotic themes?)

hey there Katiebug-

Well---- I love the last BM dress--- it is beautiful.

ANd- if I was doing a navy blue wedding- I totally would do a silvery- grey color accent-- maybe Blue Hydrangeas with a silvery-grey wrapping around the stems.
I wouldn't do silk flowers, but that's personal preference.

My Mom did my bouquet- and all the flowers-- pale, pale pink roses with white sash-- my girls carried Silver tussie-mussies of baby roses-- their dresses were a pale pink champagne/blush color.

and my Three- (yes, three!) flower girls carried daisies- and had a garland of daises in their hair. The smallest of them threw rose petals.

On my cake- which, btw cost me more than my dress---:confused: had dendrobium orchids, roses and some other flowers that cost me a mere fortune, and now I can't remember the name of them.
The baker was the same one who did Reese Witherspoon/Ryan Phillipe's wedding cake, thus the cost-- although, my wedding WAS before theirs.:goodvibes
It was unbelievably yummy.
Mighty Mighty just asked me the other day why we spent so much on the cake-- and I looked at him like this: :confused:

Um---- Dendrobium Orchids are white if you need white flowers. But they are $.

How are things at work??

Jo

JO,

Thats kind of cool about the wedding cake being made by the same baker as ryan and reese! Thankfully my wedding cake is included in my wedding package... i'll post my options later and see what you girls think on that decision. :goodvibes

I'm glad you like the last dress... its my favorite so far. I'm going to take my sisters to David's as soon as i can figure out their work schedules.

Work was ok today... so far so good. I did call back the company who called me after recieving my resume but they're pay is 3$ less an hour and the house are not good... i'd go from a 6:30-2:30 schedule to 12:30-9:00pm. I'd never see DFI and i'm such an early bird i'm normally in bed by 9!:rotfl2: But thats only one job we'll see who else gives me a call.

Hey Katie!!

I was going to do a navy blue and yellow wedding. So I have a few pictures of the blue flowers. This one is from a DISBride's wedding (StitchBride I think...)

Wedding001-1.jpg

So you could get the flowers deep blue, or even darker. Mindy5648 had a "marine" colored wedding, so look for her PJ!

The dress that you like in marine is this one right?

dress-1.jpg

That was one of the ones I was considering when I started. :thumbsup2

Good luck with the job hunt! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter